Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 (947 Views)

I Need Gran Turismo 5 XL / Anyone Wanna Gran Turismo 5 Online / Gran Turismo 5 To Introduce Word Fastest Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by kosovo(m): 11:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
Kazunori Yamauchi has said that Polyphony Digital are 'reaching closer to reality' with the Gran Turismo 5. After all, it has cost over $60 million to create. Yamauchi spoke to the Official PlayStation Magazine in the December 2009 (Issue 038);

"The balance between reality and ease of driving is difficult," he said "but we are reaching closer to reality. I think the first 10-15 seconds with Gran Turismo 5 make you realise how much has changed. The cars are easier to drive, but when you lose control, the reactions of the vehicles are more realistic than ever before"

He also revealed that the weather system is done, which will be a relief to many GT fans.

Gran Turismo 5 is set for a March 2010 release in Japan, whilst a UK date is still to be decided. We'll bring you any Gran Turismo 5 updates when we get them

Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by texazzpete(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
So it only took them many years to do what other devs have been doing? 5 GT games released (including Prologue) and no vehicle damage models. So many years in development yet GT5 Prologue's graphics were well matched by games in development for only 2 years?

Let this guy release an actual product instead of blabbing on and on about the game.
Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by kosovo(m): 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2009
no comment,
       GT5 prologue is still better than FLOPZA3
GT5
   16 cars per track
   400,000 polygons per car
   over 70 tracks
   Over 1000 cars
   full HD, with 60fps
   weather change
   New physics
   Damage control and many more,

Grand torismo 1-5(Proluge)  = 53 million sold.
Froza3
    8 cars per track
    about 150,000 polygons per cars
    customization
    Damage control,

total sales = less than 10 million, considering the fact that the demo of GT5 outsold the full game -froza2

NB; GRAND TORISMO FRANCHISE  FOR SONY = HALO FRANCHISE FOR MICRSOFT cheesy

Tex, when the legendary Kazunori Yamauchi says anything the whole gaming world takes it seriously, i was shocked to hear your comments,  it was actaully pathetic to say the least,  m sorry grin
Kazunori Yamauchi has helped in creating real cars for Nissan and other companies.
He has also won car races,
what has microsoft tune10 achieved other than to bluff, rant and blab, i love how polyphony digital never replied their stupidity,
GT = the definitive driving simulator!
Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by audacious: 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by kosovo(m): 10:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by ritchboy(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2009
FM3 = the best racing game this generation. . . GT5 wont change that cheesy
with all this killzone 2ish hype, anything short of FM3 would be a SHAME! grin
Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by kosovo(m): 6:37am On Nov 21, 2009
ritchboy:

FM3 = the best racing game this generation. . . GT5 wont change that cheesy
with all this killzone 2ish hype, anything short of FM3 would be a SHAME! grin
lols, even a MAD man knows who rules DRIVING SIMS, i can never go into any arguments with you regarding this issue, Try something better grin
but but, if you read my little comparison below, and thats how you define BEST based on froza3, then i am afraid you just like to rant, cheesy
Re: Yamauchi: We're 'reaching Closer To Reality' With Gran Turismo 5 by ritchboy(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2009
Kosovo is talking shit as usual. hardly surprising.
Which is the best racing game this generation thus far?

(1) (Reply)

I Need These Ps3 Games @ Good Prices / For All Lovers Of The Manager Series / Steam, Portal 2 Confirmed, PS3 To Have "Best Version"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.