Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,604 members, 7,851,056 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents (641 Views)

Men Storm Makurdi With 20 Coffins, Fear Grips Benue Residents / Fear Grips Delta Residents As Cultists Hold Convention, Recruit New Members / Suspected Cultists Kill Eight, Behead Four In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents by tyokunbo(m): 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/27/unidentified-gunmen-kill-eight-in-rivers-fear-grips-residents/

Unidentified gunmen suspected to be members of cult groups have killed no fewer than eight people in Omoku in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni Local Government Area of Rivers State.

The Towncrier gathered that the hoodlums invaded the community by 9:00 pm Saturday and shot sporadically, scaring many away in the process.

The suspected cultists, who carried out a coordinated attack, had rounded up three streets before opening fire.

A source who pleaded anonymity told Sahara Reporters that some residents of the area have started fleeing again.

A resident who narrowly escaped the attack, Chief Ezegohuru Chukudi Eluozo, narrated that the incident caused panic and grounded Christmas celebration.

Eluozo disclosed that the killers specifically invaded palace road and two other streets in the area.

The chief who said the attack was politically motivated, alleged that cultists were empowered recently by politicians during the rerun election.

Another source who pleaded anonymity narrated, “On the eve of Christmas around 9 pm, I was sitting out with one of friends who just came and invited me when we started hearing gunshots. As usual, people started running for safety. I ran into them as I was heading to my house.

“They were putting on military uniform and armed to the teeth. At the moment we don’t know the actual cause of the attack, but we heard that the cult boys are angry claiming that the state government settled a cult group and abandoned them. They said they will not stop attack until the government compensates them.”

The Police Relations Officer of the Rivers State Police Command, Nnamdi Omoni, said he was yet to get details on the incident.

Re: Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents by tyokunbo(m): 1:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
And wike said he conducted amnesty for cultists and militants. Mtchww
Re: Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents by haske7(f): 8:32pm On Dec 27, 2016
Rivers of blood.
Re: Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
OMOKU, the worst place to reside in Rivers
Re: Unidentified Gunmen Kill Eight In Rivers, Fear Grips Residents by Ken4Christ: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2016
What is the government waiting for to declare a state of emergency in that part of the state?

(1) (Reply)

Face Of A Criminal Who Has Been Terrorizing Igwruta Pipeline Axis / Shocking - This Guy Bought A TV Online And Got A Piece Of Wood Instead / Kidnapper Killed In Failed Abduction Of Ondo Monarch’s Wife!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.