Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,951 members, 7,952,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! (901 Views)

I Am The Sexiest Man In Nollywood - Benson Okonkwo [pictured] / "I Am Nigeria's Sexiest Man"- Benson Okonkwo / Iyanya Is The Sexiest Man Alive! – Redsheet Magazine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by platinumnk(f): 11:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Johnny Depp was named People magazine's "sexiest man alive" for a second time on Wednesday, joining an elite club of double honorees that includes George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

People magazine described the swashbuckling "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie star as "the king of cool with the killer cheekbones". Depp, who also took the title in 2003, succeeded 2008 winner Hugh Jackman.

Asked why Depp, 46, had won a second time, People senior editor Kate Coyne told the CBS Early Show: "He was sexy ten years ago, he'll be sexy ten years from now. He appeals to multiple generations of women -- and for many different reasons to different kinds of women."

Depp's recent roles include 1930s gangster John Dillinger in "Public Enemies" and the murderous London barber "Sweeney Todd". His next screen role is as the Mad Hatter in director Tim Burton's adaptation of "Alice in Wonderland" which is due for release in March 2010.

In real life, Coyne noted that Depp, 46, was also a committed father of two.

"He's sort of everything," Coyne said. "He's a guy's guy, kind of a bad boy, he's a respected artist and actor. You know, he's got a little bit of everything."

People also gave a nod to the popularity of vampire-themed movies and TV shows, adding the likes of "Twilight" heartthrob

Robert Pattinson and "Vampire Diaries" star Ian Somerhalder to its sexiest issue.

Matt Bomer, star of the new USA TV series "White Collar" was named sexiest rising star. Other newcomers to People's 2009 list include "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert and "Glee" actors Matthew Morrison, Cory Monteith and Mark Salling.

Past winners of People's sexiest man alive title include Matt Damon (2007), Matthew McConaughey (2005), Jude Law (2004) and Ben Affleck (2002).

People's sexiest men alive issue hits newsstands on Friday.

CONGRATS!!!!!

Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by OgidiBoy(m): 11:53pm On Nov 18, 2009
When was the last time a black dude was named "sexiest man" are Negro's getting uglier ?
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by Kunbee: 12:14am On Nov 19, 2009
Ogidi was that necessary undecided undecided undecided
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by OgidiBoy(m): 1:05am On Nov 19, 2009
^^^ Go back and look only SHEMAR MOORE and WILL SMITH are the two in resent days that have been named sexiest man in People Magazine
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by Kunbee: 1:13am On Nov 19, 2009
I know but it doesnt matter
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by SHOPPING: 1:19am On Nov 19, 2009
This will change how shopping is done in Nigeria so Guys fill out this survey and let me know what you think

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/rendersurvey.asp?sid=g065x167ubfh9kc672413

thanks

(please please please I know i have posted it sooo many times but i am trying to get 10000 responses) Thanks
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by yjay(f): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2009
LOVE HIM!!!!!!!! hes HOT & SEXY grin
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by iice(f): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2009
platinumnk:

"He's sort of everything," Coyne said. "He's a guy's guy, kind of a bad boy, he's a respected artist and actor. You know, he's got a little bit of everything."

cool
Congrats. . .well deserved, his sexiness transcends ages. . .he was sexy then, he's still sexy today cheesy kiss

Ian Somerhalder is kiss
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
how can I copyright this picture and take it off the public domain.

Before una take eyes steal my man.
Re: Johnny Depp Earns Second "sexiest Man" Title! by BSD: 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
Watch the remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then call him sexy. I dare you.

(1) (Reply)

Dele Momodu: A Celebrity Or An Enabler Of Corruption / 2face Want To Meet U,join Him On Facebook For Fun: U Can Win Fan Of The Week / New Album Sees Susan Boyle Break Global Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.