Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement (738 Views)

President Buhari Under Pressure To Resign Before The Next 24 Hours / Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over / Biafra: Women Go Nude In Abiriba, Abia To Protest Against Soldiers (Video, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement by Champagne1: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2016
Breaking News: Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu to Resign before His Supreme Court Case
===============

Information leaked to Digits News Online has it that Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu may likely be forced to resign before the end of January 2017. Once he resigns, the Abia State speaker of the house of Assembly would be sworn in as the Governor or Hon. Chinedu Orji, the son of T.A.Orji who is currently the majority leader of the house.

It was alleged that, Ikpeazu approached the Governor of Imo State Owelle Rochas Okorocha to use his stake in APC Party to help him influence the upcoming judgment, but the request did not go down well with them, as Gov. Rochas was of the opinion that Ikpeazu's tax case is a constitutional issue of which Supreme Court must touch the substance of the case.

Since Ikpeazu's request was not supported by Okorocha, his allies are now of the opinion that he resigns before the final judgment, except Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe who didn't support the resignation proposal. Though they know that even if Ikpeazu resigns, it will not stop the Supreme Court from giving their judgment but they intentionally want to create more constitutional problem in the country in order to have more time to loot the treasury of Abia State.

It was further disclosed that the former Governor of Abia State, who is currently a Senator and a political Godfather of Okezie Ikpeazu is strongly pushing Ikpeazu to resign, daring the consequences. The former Governor Senator T.A.Orji and his son Chinedu Orji do not want Dr. Uche Ogah to become the Governor of Abia State for the fear of being probed of his 8 years disastrous administration in Abia State from 2007-2015.

Though the Supreme Court has not fixed the date for the  final judgment between Dr.Okezie Ikpeazu and Dr. Uche Ogah Pre-election matter but analysts are of the opinion that if the judgment is decided by merit, Uche  Ogah would be favoured.

Abians are hoping that the Judgment will come anytime January or early February 2017.

Like and Share.
Re: Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
Odourless or not. Nobody is above the law.
Gov. Ikpeazu is one of those Governors I hold in high esteem. But nobody is above the law. Death, Law and Tax knows no King. Evading tax synonymous with going against the law and smelling death.
I know if Lionel Messi and his Dad were Nigerians the story would have been a different one.
Should I say Nigeria is a lawless country or no law at all? Our laws are made mainly for the common man.
Men in power are animals. When they steal, embezzle, launder, execute white elephant projects, loot, evade tax nobody questions them. Just because the know the short cut with hard currencies in pockets. They steal heavily to protect themselves. But the man who stole pure water, a bottle of oil and an immeasurable stuff are sent to life imprisonment. Alas! we know the reason behind that.

Gov. Ikpeazu must face and dance surugede dance before the law.
Re: Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement by yarimo(m): 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
I smells something from this news. grin
Re: Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement by PeridotBelle(f): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
yarimo:
I smells something from this news. grin

Please what did you smell, cos to me the news is odourless undecided
Re: Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement by yarimo(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
PeridotBelle:

Please what did you smell, cos to me the news is odourless undecided
don't you smells the writer seems to be a movie writer? grin
Re: Plans To Force The Governor Of Abia To Resign Before The Supreme Case Judgement by nwadiuko1(m): 2:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
lol see story

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Fires Ibrahim Magu, Head Of Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC / Watch Obasanjo Gowon, Shonekan And Others Singing Hymn / Ferderal Govt Aims To Attack Church Leaders With FRC Laws - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.