Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative (911 Views)

Stranded Lagosians As President Buhari Visits Lagos (More Photos) / Ambode And Bagudu Eating Lake Rice (Photos) / Ambode Confirms The Sale Of Lake Rice Will Commence Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by 247frolic(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nigerians in Laogs state are warming up to buying a bag of Lake rice for N12,000 despite the trouble associated with getting it.

Early reviews suggest Lagosians love the initiative and the product. A 50kg bag of imported rice costs 17,000 to 22,000 on the market.

According to Mr. Kehinde Ibiora: “I bought a bag of rice. The initiative is indeed good. However, the crowd is huge. Controlling the crowd is equally tasking. People say the rice is delicious and of high quality.”

Mr. Kehinde Alanran: “[It] saves cost and avoids buying adulterated rice, which have dominated our markets astronomic rise in the price of rice. We thank the state government for this initiative. We hope more will be made available and the process of purchasing easier. With the issue of plastic rice flooding the market, this is a safer option because we can trust the source “- Mr. Kehinde Alanran

Mrs. Funmi Alebiousu: “It [has] helped the masses to save about N10,000 at this time of national crisis. I will like to tell Lagos residents. I did not believe when I heard about this initiative. After I made payment, I came here and pick a bag of rice I paid for. The crowd is much, but the initiative is real.”

Mrs. Aminatu Alabi: “I got here this morning. I was told I could pay through the POS. I did immediately. The process was free and fair. And the state officials are not particular about whether you work with Lagos State Government or you belong to any tribe. As long as you live, you are entitled to buy a bag. “I was allowed to buy only one bag. I purchased a 50-kg bag of rice at the N12,000. And there is no additional charge. The government officials only told us to queue. When it is your turn, you will be asked to pay and take away your rice. It is as simple process”

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/lagosians-profess-love-for-lake-rice.html

cc lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by INTROVERT(f): 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
Okay seen
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by madridguy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
Ambode is working.
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by Jafar1: 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
Make them distribute this rice to other parts of Nigeria nao
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by greatiyk4u(m): 2:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
next year will surely be a year of good news (recovery and development)
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by Horlufemi(m): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Jafar1:

You want to eat afonja rice?

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by momentarylapse: 2:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
Horlufemi:

You want to eat afonja rice?

angry

Useless tribalist statement by an Ipob tout!

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by Horlufemi(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
momentarylapse:

angry

Useless tribalist statement by an Ipob tout!

Ogbeni, that was sarcasm.

In your life don't ever call me ipob tout or you and me are gonna have problems.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by 7lives: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
Jafar1:

Are you for real?, when Ambo Turbo was setting up his plans with Kebbi state government, what were the other state governors doing?.
Abeg make una no take una blues spoil our ragga for Lagos, rice full every where in the north in fact a friend called me from Zamfara to come and do rice business.
Our gate man is also showing us samples just in case we are interested, his own rice farm is in Kano, so make una and una governor buzz off, rice full every where for north.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by momentarylapse: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
Horlufemi:

Ogbeni, that was sarcasm.

In your life don't ever call me ipob tout or you and me are gonna have problems.

Your idea of sacarsm is foolish! Now get lost before I embarrass you any further!
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by Sibrah: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
Fayose is busy challenging the FG to feed his subjects.
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by limeta(f): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
Which farm is this rice coming from?
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by QuotaSystem: 3:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
limeta:
Which farm is this rice coming from?

From the rice farms in Kebbi State.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by moufan: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
nice one
Re: Lagosians Profess Love For Lake Rice Initiative by pointstores(m): 3:49pm On Dec 27, 2016
our PRAYER IS TO HAVE IT IN ABUNDANT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Suceeds PMB? / Buhari Should Humble Himself And Resign / Gov. Amosun Of Ogun State, Others Visit Pres. Buhari In U.K Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.