Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,535 members, 7,816,306 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa (897 Views)

Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest / Some Facts On Africa / My White South African Friend Told Me Its Hard 2 Get Visa To Europe Like Other A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa by onila(f): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
undecided grin I and my Ugandan friend took this International development studies course

the course is about how to bridge the gap between developing countries and developed countries
you know Africa is always the prime example people use for third world and developing countries

the Arab professor keeps on saying how more than
half of the African population lives with less than one dollar a day

all the white students will be like damn, that's sad

my friend hated the way, he spoke about Africa

one day, my friend had enough
after class she pretended and asked the prof a question she didn't understand in class

when he answered the question

she quickly said I don't like how you talk about Africa like that and quickly walked away

the professor looked embarrassed and sad
while putting his head down and clearing his desk

was she right or wrong?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
isn't the professor right though?

1 Like

Re: My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2016
You had to create a topic about that?? ??

1 Like

Re: My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa by Rossikki: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Afam4eva:
isn't the professor right though?
Actually, he is WRONG. If you really think over half of the African population lives on less than ONE dollar a day, then you are extremely ignorant. Why not get off BBC and CNN propaganda and go conduct actual, proper research, so you don't sound so clueless and embarrassing?
Re: My Ugandan Friend Told Our Professor To Stop Talking Down On Africa by onila(f): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2017
vv

(1) (Reply)

What Brides Wear For The Most Important Day Of Their Lives Around The World / Pictorial Testimony: Eastern Nigeria Isn't As Bad As People Paint It / 13 Insane Pictures That Prove Everything You Believed Was A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.