Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

A Question For The Christians And Muslims. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For The Christians And Muslims. (1323 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq / A Question From Seun To Atheists, Christians And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
Often times, need I say times without number, I've often pondered about the thought of death and what life after death would be like.

So, sometime ago, I came across a post by the moniker Lezz. He made a comment that tickle my fancy, he said: "I seek to hear the noise behind the silence of death".

His comment didn't only make me ponder about the weight of the literary device hidden in it, also, the many meanings attached to it, it made me more curious about life. That is, the life that occupies our body.

I believe the Bible and Qu'ran often overlook and didn't really speak of life. That is, life before life and life before this life we live.

Course we all know when someone dies, death and life after death is the next thing. (according to the Bible and Qu'ran)

What I want to ask is, what happened before life? Like where was life before life? Before we came into existence, where did this life that occupy our body exist?

If the Bible and Qu'ran can focus this much about death and life after death, how come it's silent about life before life?

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by menxer: 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
The ocean is a reservoir of water (life), linked to all the aquifers in the world. going through the water cycle, water changes form and state, but never loses its essence.

The Bible says, "in him (life) we live, move and have our being," I guess you can connect the dots.
grin
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2016
menxer:
The ocean is a reservoir of water (life), linked to all the aquifers in the world. going through the water cycle, water changes form and state, but never loses its essence.

The Bible says, "in him (life) we live, move and have our being," I guess you can connect the dots.
grin
All you've managed to say is abstracts.

I asked a simple question, why go in circles when you can just answer the question?
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
Joe, remember when Jesus asked the disciplines who people said He was and what they think He was?

Only Peter said he was the Son of God. The others said he was John the Baptist, other said he was Elijah or something.

So life before life was which is reincarnation was a subject even in biblical times and the people believed in it. As do Africans till today.

Also when Saul was being tormented , he consulted a witch which actually spoke through a medium to the spirit of Samuel who was long dead and the spirit of Samuel asked not to be disturbed...

So there are a lot of noises behind the silence of death.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
Joe, remember when Jesus asked the disciplines who people said He was and what they think He was?

Only Peter said he was the Son of God. The others said he was John the Baptist, other said he was Elijah or something.

So life before life was which is reincarnation was a subject even in biblical times and the people believed in it. As do Africans till today.

Also when Saul was being tormented , he consulted a witch which actually spoke through a medium to the spirit of Samuel who was long dead and the spirit of Samuel asked not to be disturbed...

So there are a lot of noises behind the silence of death.
Yes I know all about the noise behind the silence of death. Ancient Greeks spoke of the necropolis if I'm not mistaken. Even the Egyptians too spoke of it.

But what I'm interested in is life before life. Before Samuel was born, where was the life that occupied Samuel's body? Same goes for every other human being.

This life that occupies our body, where was it located before being placed inside our body when we were conceived.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by menxer: 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
All you've managed to say is abstracts.

I asked a simple question, why go in circles when you can just answer the question?

Until you can think in abstract, you will never find the answers you seek.

The answers are hidden in plain sight though.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
Yes I know all about the noise behind the silence of death. Ancient Greeks spoke of the necropolis if I'm not mistaken. Even the Egyptians too spoke of it.

But what I'm interested in is life before life. Before Samuel was born, where was the life that occupied Samuel's body? Same goes for every other human being.

This life that occupies our body, where was it located before being placed inside our body when we were conceived.
Then neither the Bible or Quran can give you an explicit and a exhaustive account.

But the story of Jesus is remarkably telling, seeing that he was same with the father in essence, existing as a spirit being and manifested in the flesh as a man.

It follows then that humans do exist somewhere in the spirit realm and follow through like Jesus did to earth but with lesser assigned role.

That's why the soul never dies and journeys home after the earthly sojourn.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2016
menxer:

Until you can think in abstract, you will never find the answers you seek.

The answers are hidden in plain sight though.
What manner of garbage are you spewing? Only one can think in abstract bla bla bla.

I believe your thoughts are distorted, please collect them and calculate them before you type what will embarrass you again.

Thank you.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
Then neither the Bible or Quran can give you an explicit and a exhaustive account.

But the story of Jesus is remarkably telling, seeing that he was same with the father in essence, existing as a spirit being and manifested in the flesh as a man.

It follows then that humans do exist somewhere in the spirit realm and follow through like Jesus did to earth but with lesser assigned role.

That's why the soul never dies and journeys home after the earthly sojourn.
Exactly my thoughts. I believe if the soul journeys on after the earthly shell it was encased in dies off, shouldn't it go back from whence it came?

Obviously the spirit (human spirit) I've read, is from God, it's the breath of life given Adam that awakes in us, I read it goes back to God then the soul journeys on to wait for Judgement.

I wonder where the human soul emanate from? If the human spirit is from God, where is the human soul from, and if it's from God, how come it's not going back to God.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by menxer: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
What manner of garbage are you spewing? Only one can think in abstract bla bla bla.

I believe your thoughts are distorted, please collect them and calculate them before you type what will embarrass you again.

Thank you.

Must you insult?

I thought you seek answers? Do you feel it's going to come in the way and format you want?

You are not ready.

Seasons greetings.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
menxer:

Must you insult?

I thought you seek answers? Do you feel it's going to come in the way and format you want?

You are not ready.

Seasons greetings.
Please go away. This thread exceed your understanding.

Thank you.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 7:52pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
Exactly my thoughts. I believe if the soul journeys on after the earthly shell it was encased in dies off, shouldn't it go back from whence it came?

Obviously the spirit (human spirit) I've read, is from God, it's the breath of life given Adam that awakes in us, I read it goes back to God then the soul journeys on to wait for Judgement.

I wonder where the human soul emanate from? If the human spirit is from God, where is the human soul from, and if it's from God, how come it's not going back to God.

Soul and spirit are often used interchangeably. When they are not, soul is roughly the heart or intent of man or the will of spirit or better still, the thinking, thought process of man.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 7:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:

Soul and spirit are often used interchangeably. When they are not, soul is roughly the heart or intent of man or the will of spirit or better still, the thinking, thought process of man.
I believe in the reverse, that is, the spirit is the mental astuteness of a man, it carries intelligence and being, the feeling of self, that's why I believe they say it's from God.

So from your point of view, what is spirit? Since it has consciousness, that is.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
I believe in the reverse, that is, the spirit is the mental astuteness of a man, it carries intelligence and being, the feeling of self, that's why I believe they say it's from God.

So from your point of view, what is spirit? Since it has consciousness, that is.
The spirit is the real man. The flesh a shell or case for earthly adaptation.

The Bible never refers to God as soul but rather as spirit.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 8:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:

Yes I know this, that's why I wonder why some separate spirit and soul, and some use them interchangeably like you said.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
Yes I know this, that's why I wonder why some separate spirit and soul, and some use them interchangeably like you said.

The soul is the mind and will of the man when not used interchangeably.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
The soul is the mind and will of the man when not used interchangeably.

Lezzlie:
The soul is the mind and will of the man while the spirit is the man.

Then what gives life, the spirit or soul?
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:

The soul is the mind and will of the man while the spirit is the man.

Then what gives life, the spirit or soul?
The spirit is death less and is eternal. Life ceases when the spirit leaves.
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by AfroSamurai: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lezzlie:
The spirit is death less and is eternal. Life ceases when the spirit leaves.
So is the soul, right? Ever heard of astra projection?
Re: A Question For The Christians And Muslims. by Lezzlie(m): 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
AfroSamurai:
So is the soul, right? Ever heard of astra projection?
The soul doesn't give life. Astra projection I have heard and read a bit about.

(1) (Reply)

Personal Revelations From "Jesus" Are Mostly From The Devil. / Rccg Sunday School August 12th, 2017 / What God Is Saying About Tasha Cobbs Ft Nicki Monaj Collaboration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.