Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies (990 Views)

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies At 60 / Carrie Fisher, Star Wars Actress, Dies Aged 60 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by iwaeda: 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
Carrie Fisher, the princess of Hollywood who became a young star playing a princess in Star Wars, has died following a heart attack suffered on a flight from London to Los Angeles, according to Chelsea Hayes, a rep for Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd. Fisher was 60.

Fisher suffered a medical emergency on a United Airlines flight before landing at LAX Friday. Efforts were made to revive her, according to a series of tweets from other passengers. She was taken to  a hospital in L.A. where she later died.

The last update provided by Fisher's family was on Christmas Day where her mother, Debbie Reynolds said Fisher was in stable condition.

The Los Angeles Fire Department issued a statement saying that shortly after noon PT Friday, they responded to a call from LAX for a patient in "cardiac arrest."

"Firefighter paramedics provide advanced life support and aggressively treated the patient, who was transported to a local hospital," said Erik Scott, a spokesman for the LAFD. The patient's name, age and gender was not released, nor was there information on whether the patient was breathing at the time of transfer. The name of the hospital the patient was taken to also was not released.

Fisher is survived by her mother, singer/dancer/actress Debbie Reynolds, 84; daughter, Billie Lourd, 24; her brother Todd Fisher; and two half-sisters. Her brief marriage to singer/songwriter Paul Simon ended in divorce in 1984.

The actress and author had been on tour to promote her latest memoir, The Princess Diarist, based on the diaries she kept as a 19-year-old shooting what is arguably the biggest movie of all time, 1977's Star Wars, playing Rebel Alliance leader Princess Leia Organa, she of the famous double-bun hairstyle.

Her books, whether novels or memoirs, were funny, sharp and revealing. Among other things, her latest revealed her brief affair with co-star Harrison Ford, who was 14 years older and married with kids when they made Star Wars.

www.bbc.uk

Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by mayowagabriel(m): 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2016
RIP to the dead sad
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by Yameater(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
I W Y A P R
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by iwaeda: 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
People are just dying these days as if they vowed not to cross to 2017
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by HyDef(m): 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2016
I just saw this somewhere else, and I'm deeply saddened.

I've been a fan of Star Wars ever since Episode 1, and to hear that this happened really hurts. I heard she had had a heart attack earlier this week, but I also heard she was stable. This is sad.

Star Wars really influenced my love for science fiction, and made me the nerd I am. And I still remember the 'sequels' vividly. The first time I watched them. Sadness at Lando betraying Han, suspense as Luke, Han, and Leia tried to escape the room that was about to crush them... R2-D2.

Oh well. Such is life. Life is cruel.

Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by iwaeda: 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2016
HyDef:
I just saw this somewhere else, and I'm deeply saddened.

I've been a fan of Star Wars ever since Episode 1, and to hear that this happened really hurts. I heard she had had a heart attack earlier this week, but I also heard she was stable. This is sad.

Star Wars really influenced my love for science fiction, and made me the nerd I am. And I still remember the 'sequels' vividly. The first time I watched them. Sadness at Lando betraying Han, suspense as Luke, Han, and Leia tried to escape the room that was about to crush them... R2-D2.

Oh well. Such is life. Life is cruel.

Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.

Just like in Star Wars episode, she has played her part and exit.
Life has never been fair.
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by ItzHoludex(m): 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
rip
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by elijahkayode(m): 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by omotolly22(f): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
rip
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by iwaeda: 1:06am On Dec 28, 2016
Only God knows how much time we all have. Leia has played her part
Re: Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies by iwaeda: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
These are the kind of films Seun used to watch

(1) (Reply)

Runtown Goes Crazy On Instagram Over News Of His Song's Cover / Laugh And Take A Guess / Naughty Actress Chlorinates Her Big B00ties To Look Even Bigger - Full Pics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.