Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? (9851 Views)

Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Heavy Rainfall In Lagos: Good Or Bad Sign For APC's Rally? / 234next: Yoruba Newspaper Reclaiming Nigeria's Good Name Soiled By The Ibos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Demainman1: 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

I am somewhat with transformr on this one. The foreigners are not helping us much. Not that they are supposed to but am saying this for those who believe that the whites whole heartedly have the interest of Africa at heart because newsflash is lots of them don't. Most of them have their own interests at heart but to get what they want from Africa, they have to appear to have the interest of Africans at heart. Gone are the days when you just foist yourself on people and siphon their resources. You have to appear to be an ally of progress to be welcome. Watch CNN everyday. All you see is Crises in Africa, AIDS, poverty and corruption like that is all we have. They hardly talk about the good parts, our entertainment, tourism and all that. That's the mental slavery am talking about. Most of us watch CNN and believe that without the whites, Africa can never get it right. The seem to be sympathetic to our "plight" but the truth is, a good number of them are not. We are shown daily on CNN and their ilk, how incapable and incompetent we are of managing ourselves, how the white man has been our best friend, how we will go extinct if the abandon us and we believe it. The foreigners only support African leaders that will serve their interests not the best leaders. Look at the leaders endorsed by the West. Not all of them have exactly turned out to be messiahs in their countries. Yet they were endorsed by these same foreigners that can do no wrong. That is mental slavery people. We believe that if our leaders are not endorsed by the West, they will never be good enough. And our leaders believe it too. That corruption is a major illness in this country is a given but if you look properly, even corruption is a product of mental slavery. Y'all have got to Realize that.

Every other people have their own interest at heart. Black africans have the interest of their slave master at heart!!!

Why? maybe na mental slavery? maybe na inferiority complex
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by oamon: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
"If you dont know that desperate situations like wars or the threats of wars drive global technological advancements then you need to go and sit down." I totally agree with you.

"Many people actually forget that the japanese did not invent anything.They actually copied and maybe still copying these technologies but adjust it to there own systems"
Today the Japanese are the best in Electronics.

Why can't we too steal those technologies according to you' instead of stealing our own money and stacking it away in Switzerland. @ Asha If your Father is a politician tell him to change his orientation.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by proproman(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ the amaka, no mind us o! U can see what Nigeria's problems have turned us to; Nairaland intellectuals with no credentials!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by asha80(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2009
oamon:

"If you dont know that desperate situations like wars or the threats of wars drive global technological advancements then you need to go and sit down." I totally agree with you.

"Many people actually forget that the japanese did not invent anything.They actually copied and maybe still copying these technologies but adjust it to there own systems"
Today the Japanese are the best in Electronics.

Why can't we too steal those technologies according to you' instead of stealing our own money and stacking it away in Switzerland. @ Asha If your Father is a politician tell him to change his orientation.

Unfortunately my father no longer exists.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

the whole 10 hours i was asleep you people were here writing essays?
im out! lol

10 Hours! Havent you got a job or some studying to do? Anyway, I noticed that you have been logged in for hours.

Demain_man:

Every other people have their own interest at heart. Black africans have the interest of their slave master at heart!!!

Why? maybe na mental slavery? maybe na inferiority complex

Wow! we agree on something grin grin grin grin grin grin

proproman:

@ the amaka, no mind us o! U can see what Nigeria's problems have turned us to; Nairaland intellectuals with no credentials!

Hey! speak for yourself professor of NL Politics grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

oamon:

I am not saying that we are inferior to the white, but we don't make use of our opportunities well. Nigeria prior 60s is better than what we have today.[size=13pt] What we have today is corruption stilling what belong to you.[/size]

looks like you meant: What we have today is corruption and stealing stilling what dose not belong to you. grin grin grin grin grin

You can't steal you're own property dude grin grin grin grin

bye, bye for now grin grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

I am somewhat with transformr on this one. The foreigners are not helping us much. Not that they are supposed to but am saying this for those who believe that the whites whole heartedly have the interest of Africa at heart because newsflash is lots of them don't. Most of them have their own interests at heart but to get what they want from Africa, they have to appear to have the interest of Africans at heart. Gone are the days when you just foist yourself on people and siphon their resources. You have to appear to be an ally of progress to be welcome. Watch CNN everyday. All you see is Crises in Africa, AIDS, poverty and corruption like that is all we have. They hardly talk about the good parts, our entertainment, tourism and all that. That's the mental slavery am talking about. Most of us watch CNN and believe that without the whites, Africa can never get it right. The seem to be sympathetic to our "plight" but the truth is, a good number of them are not. We are shown daily on CNN and their ilk, how incapable and incompetent we are of managing ourselves, how the white man has been our best friend, how we will go extinct if the abandon us and we believe it. The foreigners only support African leaders that will serve their interests not the best leaders. Look at the leaders endorsed by the West. Not all of them have exactly turned out to be messiahs in their countries. Yet they were endorsed by these same foreigners that can do no wrong. That is mental slavery people. We believe that if our leaders are not endorsed by the West, they will never be good enough. And our leaders believe it too. That corruption is a major illness in this country is a given but if you look properly, even corruption is a product of mental slavery. Y'all have got to Realize that.

But ow does the highlighted point above contribute to the world economy as a whole? do u sometimes question why u can't find any African company listed on the world's economic index? Fifty four countries in Africa!, 99% is simply not contributing enough to the world's economy.
In as much as Africa is blessed with good weather and natural resources, absence of war and terrorism, we just aren't lucky enough to have good leaders.
And saying the foreigners only support leaders that serve their interest, isnt always true.  The law of demand and supply will always come into play, if you have what i need, i simply can't ignore you.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by proproman(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ violent, you are so damn wrong. The past is essential for the future. The fact that we ignore the importance of the past is probably one of the reasons Nigeria is where it is now. Most Nigerians see the past only as a memory and not a reference. I say to you again, ignore your past and forfeit your future. Why do you think poor people want to be succesful? Is it not to escape their past? The past has become a reference point to the person and any decision the person takes is aimed at making sure the past does not become the present. What about Nigeria? Were we always like this? My father says that what hurts him about Nigeria's situation is that we were not always like this. How is the past essential? We have to think back and ask ourselves, what made us succesful in the past? How can we bring those things or a substitute of them into the present? How did things go wrong? What can we do to make sure the wrong past does not repeat itself? I am not downplaying the importance of the present but ignoring the importance of the past is serious, unforgivable ignorance, no insults intended. Don't you know that most policies created today are intended for the future with reference to the past? I am not advocating wallowing in the past because that would be using the past as a memory only. I am advocating using the past as a reference for the future which would be using the past as planning tool and a reference. Most decisions we make in the present are based on similar decisions we or someone else have made in the past. Without the past, there would be NO future. Realize that.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by proproman(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ transformr, If i'm a prof, then you are the VC of Nairaland University of Political talk talk. grin grin grin.

@violent, but are they non existent? If I remember correctly, CNN is not a business only news channel. If that is so, why do they keep highlighting the bad parts of Africa? Is that what will contribute to global economy? I ask you again, do they have our interests at heart. If they did, they would broadcast the good and bad in equal measure. They are not obligated to have our interests at heart but some of us on NL think they do. And that is not entirely true. Are you supporting their highlighting of the negatives in Africa? How would their highlighting our problems help? Like we don't know we have problems. Do you know the impression of the average American kid about Africa? An AIDS infested jungle with rancid poverty. Is that the real Africa? Not all of them have this mentality, i agree, but most do. Do I blame them? No. It's what they see on tv and since noone tells them otherwise, it's what they believe. We may not have everything working out well for us but that does not mean they should throw more burden on us. After fixing our infrastructure, we would then have to deal with an unnecesarily dented image thrust upon us by some eager tv channels. Africa is not all nasty. Realize that.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ Proproman
i couldn't resist the temptation of replying
Reading a lot of History books hasn't helped us much, thousand of things happen across the globe on a daily basis that change the face of the future forever.
Things change, policies change, the world move along with change through time, scientist and economist study leading indicators, History is not always a good representation of future events, although i agree with you on its importance for reference purpose.  Our present forms our past, and also determines our future, so lean on the present.
Nigerian's problems can be largely attributed to the fact that we still live in the past, and its quite evident in the recent Boko Haram crisis.
In the past People live a dominating life, People with riches are worshiped in the society, their praises are sang to high heavens, they take other people's wife and the poor man's kid has no voice in the public.
Now my question is, isnt this still reflective in the ways and lifestyle of Nigerians? How has the past helped us?
The past has simply been handed down to us, and that is why we still live in it!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

@ transformr, If i'm a prof, then you are the VC of Nairaland University of Political talk talk. grin grin grin.

@violent, but are they non existent? If I remember correctly, CNN is not a business only news channel. If that is so, why do they keep highlighting the bad parts of Africa? Is that what will contribute to global economy? I ask you again, do they have our interests at heart. If they did, they would broadcast the good and bad in equal measure. They are not obligated to have our interests at heart but some of us on NL think they do. And that is not entirely true. Are you supporting their highlighting of the negatives in Africa? How would their highlighting our problems help? Like we don't know we have problems. Do you know the impression of the average American kid about Africa? An AIDS infested jungle with rancid poverty. Is that the real Africa? Not all of them have this mentality, i agree, but most do. Do I blame them? No. It's what they see on tv and since noone tells them otherwise, it's what they believe. We may not have everything working out well for us but that does not mean they should throw more burden on us. After fixing our infrastructure, we would then have to deal with an unnecesarily dented image thrust upon us by some eager tv channels. Africa is not all nasty. Realize that.

Am not supporting their highlighting African's problem, but they also talk about their own. People call you by the name you choose to bear, there isnt any lie in the fact that Africa's problems far outweigh her progress, and for every step we take forward another two hundred is taken backwards.
Are you suggesting that the problems we face be kept secret from the rest of the world? Female circumcision still happen in many parts of africa, religion and culture hasnt helped us much either, Education is still backwards in many countries, Nigeria including, are u suggestion that all these be kept secret?
Have you ever wondered why an american child dies and CNN tells the whole world about it but until we die in our hundreds, we dont get the world's attention?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by babaa2: 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
life is all copy
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by anonimi: 2:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

@SEFAGO & anonimi, I don't get you guys' drift. Is it that the whities had no part to play in our present misfortune or not? Granted we have our faults and a huge chunk of the blame to take for our present predicament but to ignore the role of slavery, both physical and mental would be pure ignorance.

(skip)

Mental slavery is holding us down. Realize that.

we are both saying the same thing, at least almost!
indeed the white man and the arabs played a part in our past misfortune but like you said "we have our faults and a huge chunk of the blame to take for our present predicament".
So until we deal with the huge chunk we will be going in circles- poverty cycle.
The past is the past we cannot change it even while we acknowledge it, today is what we own and can engage to ensure a better future, BUT we are mostly doing is cling to the past as an excuse for our present predicament and that is a shame! Part of the shifting responsibility syndrome I talked about earlier- leaders are responsible for the society's failure meanwhile we know(supposed to know) those leaders starting with the LG councillor and we will probably see them in m'osque today and church on sunday and honour them one way or another rather than distance ourselves from them. meanwhile we have relations and friends who are living beyond their legitimate income and we say nothing rather say na God don butter im bread, make God doo am for me too shocked
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by anonimi: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2009
violent:

Am not supporting their highlighting African's problem, but they also talk about their own. People call you by the name you choose to bear, there isnt any lie in the fact that Africa's problems far outweigh her progress, and for every step we take forward another two hundred is taken backwards.
Are you suggesting that the problems we face be kept secret from the rest of the world? Female circumcision still happen in many parts of africa, religion and culture hasnt helped us much either, Education is still backwards in many countries, Nigeria including, are u suggestion that all these be kept secret?
Have you ever wondered why an american child dies and CNN tells the whole world about it but until we die in our hundreds, we dont get the world's attention?

thanks for teh bold parts let those who wish continue to wallow in self-pity combined with transferred responsibility and expect God to come down and fix our problems!
enjoy your weekend.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2009
But ow does the highlighted point above contribute to the world economy as a whole? do u sometimes question why u can't find any African company listed on the world's economic index? Fifty four countries in Africa!, 99% is simply not contributing enough to the world's economy.
In as much as Africa is blessed with good weather and natural resources, absence of war and terrorism, we just aren't lucky enough to have good leaders.
And saying the foreigners only support leaders that serve their interest, isnt always true.  The law of demand and supply will always come into play, if you have what i need, i simply can't ignore you.
@violent
have u asked yourself why? why african companies arent listed on the worlds economic index u claim?

what is the role of forex? whats the role of 0% interest rates by the federal reserve, how come the feds in america can print $2trillion at the drop of a hat?

my nigga think,stop swallowing the propaganda,u think if NIGERIA can print money(dollars) like that it wont become a super power tommorrow?

one more example,Nigerias next yrs budget is about #3trillion naira,if the dollar was $1 to #1(that is one dollar to one naira), then our budget would automatically be $3trillion dollars, so how come it aint?

why do u think america is so mad at china for pegging the yuan to the dollar?,they accuse china of manipulating their currency,but china tells obama go to hell,cause we need this for rapid growth

my point is dont believe the hype,a lot of you guys on here dont even understand the basics of FINANCE,how the world economy works

how the chips are so stacked against u africans that,saying its not fair is a laughable understatement

what about the farm subsidies in america and europe,every yr,i thought it was a capitalist society? no

so why subsidize the farms,

why are the feds printing money like no tommorrow,all they do is get on a computer type in zeros,and voila u have trillions of dollars that u mugus on here will die for

why is GOld going up?

understand the history and the mechanics of international finance,and u begin to unlock some of these problems

soludo had an idea,remember he wanted to redominate the naira,make it closer to 1-1,why was he shut down?

Black man, stop looking at white people like they give a shit about u,they may like your land,they may want to move from europe someday when global warming washes that tiny piece of land away,but they dont give a shit about u,

am sure when that day comes they will start giving away free VISAs to UK, and fools on here will go not knowing that pitiful island is about to be washed away
think am joking,go read about,melting of the ice caps,rising sea levels and the countries in europe and North america that will be gone in the next 100yrs

Africans should value their land,and not be fooled by anyone,and dont trust the chinese or arabs either

even though we could learn from china on how to drive a hard bargain from the west,and all of u captiivated by the white man,dont u know that the american economy has peaked?
china,brazil,indonesia, even nigeria is projected to be in the top 10 economies in 50yrs,for china they will overtake the US in 25yrs or so
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by redsun(m): 3:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
oamon:

@redsun "Why are u talking like an idiot?Who said oyinbo invented books and writing?" Then prove your point. hackney, has given u some facts. what are your own fact. u see u're the idiot.

You must be an slowpoke,how did hacney prove that whiteman invented books and writing?I bet  you don't know that papyrus and scrolls for writings and documentations were made popular by egptians and numbians thousands of years ago while whiteman was still a primitive cave dweller.

You definitely don't know about heiroglyphics too,but i will aid you a bit and give you an assignment to research as a child that you actually are in the sense that mentally enslaved are simpler than children in real sense.

If you are a blackman with the way u think,you are nothing but a brainwashed puppet,an uppity and from all indications and proofs your type are no good for black causes.People like you think the world and civilization started with jesus christ,ode.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/egypt/writing.htm
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by redsun(m): 3:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
With the way it is,blackman's fundamental intuitions seem lost from years of batter,exploitations and brainwashing from marauding barbarians.Until we can bring ourselves back to the realm of what it takes to be creatures,we will always remain docile,fake and unproductive puppets.

Let's think like even rats and work out our ways instead of basing our notions and fantasies on whiteman's who himself is lost.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2009
paddy_lo:

@violent
have u asked yourself why? why african companies arent listed on the worlds economic index u claim?

what is the role of forex? whats the role of 0% interest rates by the federal reserve, how come the feds in america can print $2trillion at the drop of a hat?

my nigga think,stop swallowing the propaganda,u think if NIGERIA can print money(dollars) like that it wont become a super power tommorrow?

one more example,Nigerias next yrs budget is about #3trillion naira,if the dollar was $1 to #1(that is one dollar to one naira), then our budget would automatically be $3trillion dollars, so how come it aint?

why do u think america is so mad at china for pegging the yuan to the dollar?,they accuse china of manipulating their currency,but china tells obama go to hell,cause we need this for rapid growth

my point is dont believe the hype,a lot of you guys on here dont even understand the basics of FINANCE,how the world economy works

how the chips are so stacked against u africans that,saying its not fair is a laughable understatement

what about the farm subsidies in america and europe,every yr,i thought it was a capitalist society? no

so why subsidize the farms,

why are the feds printing money like no tommorrow,all they do is get on a computer type in zeros,and voila u have trillions of dollars that u mugus on here will die for

why is GOld going up?

understand the history and the mechanics of international finance,and u begin to unlock some of these problems

soludo had an idea,remember he wanted to redominate the naira,make it closer to 1-1,why was he shut down?

Black man, stop looking at white people like they give a shit about u,they may like your land,they may want to move from europe someday when global warming washes that tiny piece of land away,but they dont give a shit about u,

am sure when that day comes they will start giving away free VISAs to UK, and fools on here will go not knowing that pitiful island is about to be washed away
think am joking,go read about,melting of the ice caps,rising sea levels and the countries in europe and North america that will be gone in the next 100yrs

Africans should value their land,and not be fooled by anyone,and dont trust the chinese or arabs either

even though we could learn from china on how to drive a hard bargain from the west,and all of u captiivated by the white man,dont u know that the american economy has peaked?
china,brazil,indonesia, even nigeria is projected to be in the top 10 economies in 50yrs,for china they will overtake the US in 25yrs or so

Nice points u raised here bro!
But i have some facts to point out
--The US federal reserve prints money like shit! bt that has affected the value of the dollar in an extreme way, many countries are already talking about switching to Euro as the base currency and that includes the OPEC! tht might not happen immediately but nonetheless, we cannot neglect the possibility
--The US reduce the interest rate as such because it is proposed that reflating the economy will make funds available to some of the banks so as to jump start the lending and as such bring the economy gradually out of recession
--Nigeria cannot print money like that because the naira has lost its value long ago, the CPI isn't stable in the country, the gross domestic product of the country is low, we consume more than we produce, our main source of resource generation is the oil which is not even been refined in the country, our dependency ratio is high, printing out more money will only do further damage to the value of the naira
--China tops the list of the emerging markets, but take my word for it bro, china can never overtake US economy in the next 25 years, you can post the source of your information.
Time has proven over and over again that when US sneezes, the world catches cold, a bubble bust in in US, and the whole world goes into deficit and in the words of Warren Buffet "You can never bet against America and win".  Most emerging markets still store up their reserve in the US economy by buying US government riskless bonds.
BTW, Nigeria being in top 10 economies in the world? all those are based on mere innuendos and not facts and forecast, for Nigeria to be in such a position, we need a stable government, a stable economy, regular and stable power supply, functioning educational system, functioning judicial system, a dramatic reduction in unemployment rates and the list goes on, since independence or democracy, whichever point in time u choose to use, can you tell me any of the above that seem progressive {pls note am not being pessimistic, just stating mere observations}, fact is we dont even knw how many Nigerians are Nigerians!
Africans value their land, but we say no to the way our leaders loot us dry!
BTW, some of us knw a little in international finance!
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
Can someone do me a favour and put up pics of Germany/japan in 1945?
(less than 70 yrs ago) and their current  pictures.

one word for u, ever heard of the marshall plan for europe? go and read how much it cost in todays dollars then come back and lets talk

The US federal reserve prints money like shit! bt that has affected the value of the dollar in an extreme way, many countries are already talking about switching to Euro as the base currency and that includes the OPEC! tht might not happen immediately but nonetheless, we cannot neglect the possibility

the point is that the FED gets away with something no other country in the world can,if russia tried it the rouble would immediately collapse and capital would flee the country, same with every other nation,the US is basically printing its way out of its problems with no solid industrial base to back it up,the question is how come no other country can get away with this kind of thievery,yes it is because everything is priced in dollars(oil,gold,grains,copper etc),the more they devalue the less the goods priced in dollars are worth(in real terms)
further more if Nigeria tried that nonsense,interest rates would jump to 20 -30%,but in america its only 3% for the long bond yields(percentage they borrow money at)
hence u have interest rates being kept artificially low in a so called market economy

China tops the list of the emerging markets, but take my word for it bro, china can never overtake US economy in the next 25 years, you can post the source of your information.

china is growing at 10% per annum,US growth for the past 10yrs is about 2.8% per annum,while the last yr we have had negative growth
compound that rate of growth for the next 15yrs(2025) and china overtakes the U.S sometime in the next 20yrs or even earlier
u.s GDP $12trillion (2009)

chinese GDP $4trillion (2009)

u do the math
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by violent(m): 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ paddy_lo: u re right! i just downloaded some analyst projections on china's economy, i take back my earlier statement.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
Look Hackney you need to stop being lazy and read and if you want to ask questions do so rather than spewing out ignorant crap to gain attention.

hackney:

In 1 million years time, you will still get young black rats in hoodies blaming the white man's system for his retarded state and absolute failure. (rude boys!!)

I thought you was a fake Engineer now you are a phony Fortune teller

hackney:

Can someone do me a favour and put up pics of Germany/japan in 1945?
(less than 70 yrs ago) and their current  pictures.

After that we can carry on with how the slave trade is still holding us back.
Lazy idiots.

The Japanese and Germans were not enslaved for 400 years.  More importantly, The USA and Europe PAID FOR THE RECONTRUCTION of Japan and Germany.  Read about the The Bretton Woods system;  Do you think that Germans and Japanese are wizards? oh dear. Why did’nt they pay for the reconstruction of Africa after 400years of slavery and decades of colonization (exploitation)? Could it be they did not give a hoot?  On top of that the organisers of Brettonswood (USA, UK and others) realised that the 'underlying' cause of war was the exclusion of Japan and Germany from world markets so what did they do? Offer them aid? No, spread malicious propaganda? no; they offered them free trade and an easy payments system!  As a result Japan has the second largest economy and Germany is the 3rd richest country in the world, oh and England was the 4th but the recession has changed all that  grin grin grin grin grin

hackney:

Keep recycling those old farts you call politicians who are set in their i-am-your-elder-and-so-always-right-so-kneel down-and-shutup mentality.
They embezzle money so blatantly that they you wonder if they are also humans.
They eat money for electricity and buy a big Gen (oyibo product for african market) for their house in the village.
Villagers will be walking by, hearing the industrial scale noise of the gen from 'chief's' house.

This is a typical rant from a disenfranchised Nigerian stuck in a ghetto called Hackney.  I have said it before and will repeat Nigerian leaders are useless.  But promise me you won’t blame the leaders again its getting soooooo boring!

hackney:

Go to ghana and experience constant electricity.

I have been there (the ladies are beautiful!!!) and they seem to have the same complaints Nigerians have – oh and the constant electricity is a myth they don’t have it.

But on a more serious note comparing the Ghanaian Economy to that of Nigeria is like comparing a huge lorry with a faulty engine to a bicycle  grin grin grin grin Ghana has a GDP of around $34.52 billion  whilst Nigeria has the 36th largest economy in the world something around $336.2 billion as you can see its more than 10 times the size of the Ghanaian economy.   grin grin grin grin grin; So Nigeria in a mess with BAD leaders is still doing pretty well last years growth rate was above 5%.   In the late 80s and early Nineties Nigeria use to have an exchange rate of £1 To 2 Naira! Now its 1 penny to 1 Naira thats pretty sad.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2009
proproman:

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by redsun(m): 10:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
Economy and development are about necessities,america has reached her peak,but countries like china are just beginning to emancipate themselves from basic needs and the essentials of life for all,they are making the rules based on what they need and what they can do for themselves as well as what the rest of the developing world needs.For some reasons.absolute capitalism and domination is crashing,it is about essentials not ostentatious,greedy and unnecessary acquisitions.

The world is running out of resources,there is no need to be greedy,it belongs to all of us,we can only thrive as one people.Man will destroy himself as a result of stack ignorance.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
it's funny when people say the good parts of african should be shown. The point is the good parts of Africa are being shown but the negative overwhelm the good parts.

Most Nigerians would be complaining if slum dog millionaire was staged in Nigeria. hey lets ignore the bad parts and act as if they don't exist.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2009
bawomolo:

it's funny when people say the good parts of african should be shown. The point is the good parts of Africa are being shown but the negative overwhelm the good parts.

Most Nigerians would be complaining if slum dog millionaire was staged in Nigeria. hey lets ignore the bad parts and act as if they don't exist.

Can you give an example of the good parts please?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
transformR:

Can you give an example of the good parts please?

the economic advancement in countries like botswana would be an example. Reconstruction in Liberia. More negatives than positives though.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by transformR: 11:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
bawomolo:

the economic advancement in countries like botswana would be an example.  Reconstruction in Liberia.   More negatives than positives though.

With all due respect Botswana and Liberia two of the smallest countries in Africa? If thats all you can come up with then you have proved that Africa gets a raw deal in the media. Thats like saying the coverage of Lithuania and Liechtenstein in the media will shine a bright light on Europe  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Botswana - I have never seen a thing about them, what program when? Liberia, interestingly, who brought peace to Liberia? How much did Nigeria spend on Liberia and Sierra Leone? do you know?

Bob Geldof and U2 were doing concerts and getting incredible amounts of publicity when they said they were trying to save Africa.  Even Bob Geldof (a realist) said its disgraceful that a few rock stars can get so much attention for Africa but the media ignores Africans.  They were doing all of that for $2 billion.  Meanwhile Nigeria paid off $34 billion worth of debt one of the biggest debt payments of all time! Did it make the front page? Did it get any coverage?   grin grin grin grin grin Believe me the Oyinbos spend every second degrading Arfricans its a tradition - Africans are seen as Kids.
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 12:21am On Nov 21, 2009
Bob Geldof and U2 were doing concerts and getting incredible amounts of publicity when they said they were trying to save Africa

U2 should first cris cross america from east st louis to the 9th ward new-orleans,and save them kids there first before thinking of saving africa

a lot of these cats are just tryna get their hustle on,like u say negativity about africa is a constant theme here,its like it makes them feel a little better about them miserable selves

Botswana - I have never seen a thing about them, what program when? Liberia, interestingly, who brought peace to Liberia? How much did Nigeria spend on Liberia and Sierra Leone? do you know?
thats a very good point,one thing i have noticed about western media is that they have this band wagon thing going on,they just jump on whatever is the prevailing thought of the day and run with it
thats why obama goes to africa for the first time as president and doesnt go to either south africa or Nigeria the number 1 and 2 economies in africa,but goes to ghana

it would be like going to south east asia and going to visit vietnam,without stepping foot in either china or japan
of course that would be ridiculous,but no one in the press called him out on it

but he went to china,he went to saudi arabia,he went to russia,see the hypocricy
nigeria,kenya and SA has arguably better freedoms and democratic idealS than these countries he happily visited,so why the double standard?
because there is no respect,and no fear either
the day we begin to make the west either fear or respect us or both,then we would have gone far in what we need to do
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by bawomolo(m): 12:24am On Nov 21, 2009
transformR:

With all due respect Botswana and Liberia two of the smallest countries in Africa? If thats all you can come up with then you have proved that Africa gets a raw deal in the media.  Thats like saying the coverage of Lithuania and Liechtenstein in the media will shine a bright light on Europe  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Bob Geldof and U2 were doing concerts and getting incredible amounts of publicity when they said they were trying to save Africa.  Even Bob Geldof (a realist) said its disgraceful that a few rock stars can get so much attention for Africa but the media ignores Africans.  They were doing all of that for $2 billion.  Meanwhile Nigeria paid off $34 billion worth of debt one of the biggest debt payments of all time! Did it make the front page? Did it get any coverage?   grin grin grin grin grin Believe me the Oyinbos spend every second degrading Arfricans its a tradition - Africans are seen as Kids.

why should size matter?  Japan is a relatively small country but that hasn't stopped them from developing an economy.  It's pretty Ignorant to make fun of these countries because of their size.

Not all the debt was paid off by Nigeria as some of it was relieved and yes it did make the news.    Debt relief for african countries has made the news a number of time.  Its funny when Africans whine about media coverage.   Are these media houses lying when they show pictures of zimbabwe, congo and darfur?
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2009
one more thing the ghanaians should reject the condescending manner he spoke to them in parliament

let obama first go tell russia,saudia arabia and china about democracy,afterall he visited those places b4 ghana,at least the first two
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by paddylo1(m): 12:25am On Nov 21, 2009
why should size matter?  Japan is a relatively small country but that hasn't stopped them from developing an economy.  It's pretty Ignorant to make fun of these countries because of their size.
he meant size of economy,read my post above
Re: Identity Guard Commercial On Nigeria.....Good Or Bad? by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Nov 21, 2009
bawomolo:

it's funny when people say the good parts of african should be shown. The point is the good parts of Africa are being shown but the negative [size=15pt]overwhelms [/size] the good parts.

Times 100000000

bawomolo:

Aunty Dora would have flown out of Nigeria to hollywood ( on tax payers money) to get on BBC, CSPAN, CNN etc to lambaste Hollywood for not giving the movieevery award claiming it had to do with predjudice against Nigerians. Then she would go on CSPAN and PBS to condemn the Non-Nigerian producers for showing the country in such light( I mean the movie itself). Roflmao!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UP Faults Fg’s Downgrading Of Enugu Airport / In 2013, NEF Clamoured For Power Shift To North But Today Says Zoning Is ‘Dead’ / See The Airport Ogun government Built With 30 Billion Loan(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.