Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate (22305 Views)

Prof B. L. Adeleke(08071878926): Meet the Prof that Won't let you Graduate / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / 5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Bensmart04(m): 9:55am On Dec 28, 2016
After graduation comes the perks of adulthood, here are things you should figure out before graduating.

Whether you are a hardcore nerd or you’re the life of the party or just you like to keep the balance between the two, these are a few things you should never leave the university without knowing.

1. How to study and research. If you don’t study, then why are you in school? You might as well go sell Bonga fish with your time. Study your notes and textbooks. Do your projects and assignments yourself; don’t pay someone to do them for you.
Don’t plagiarize other people’s works. Even if you don’t get caught in school, it will affect you when you get out and have to come up with original content on your job.

2. Your passion. A lot of people get into school and study courses they were given rather than what they really wanted while some others study courses they thought they liked but only discovered halfway through that they did not like it.
So while in school, look inside you and try other things aside from your regular school work just to know what you are really passionate about.

3. How to cook.
If you don’t learn to cook before leaving the university, you might never do. If you have formed the habit of eating out in school, it might be harder to break when you live school.
If you attend a private university like I did where you are not allowed to cook your own food, you might want to take culinary classes during your holidays. Trust me you’ll thank me later.

4. Your strengths and weaknesses. It was in school I got to know that I’m bad at recalling numbers and names but I recall actual events really well and with a lot of detail. This will help you to know what you should do and what shouldn’t try after school.

5. How to handle your finances. I still regret that I didn’t learn this while in school as it affected me when I first started working. Read books about personal financial management and practice the things there so you’ll be used to them by the time you leave school.

6. Learn how to relate with the opposite sex.
You should learn how to ask a girl out, you should learn how not to sell yourself cheap; learn when no means yes etc.

Source: http://www.studentsng.org/2016/12/top-5-basic-things-you-should-know.html

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by YhungPablo(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2016
Nice Write up.. I only read the bold part tho.

19 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by ashewoboy(m): 10:03am On Dec 28, 2016
invaluable piece. kudos to the op.

lalasticlala, come and see boobs.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by dikason017(m): 10:26am On Dec 28, 2016
Who doesn't know all these.. .

Nice 1 duh
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Chiscomax(m): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
What you need to know also

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by cardoctor(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
How to handle EXPO nko?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by dogstyle007(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice 1
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Mologi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
How to give correct f*uck...

Very important....op modify. ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by BlueRayDick: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2016
cook bawo? I remember one of my corper neighbour during NYSC, the guy would boil beans for 20mins add rice, palm oil, pepper,salt and seasoning.....And jollof rice is ready grin grin grin I will just look at him and shake my head. Once in a while I cook and give him little out of it, Gaskiya He sees me like a god. He keeps professing me as the best thing that ever happened to him during service. But guess what, I never thought him how to cook cos am not his mother. grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by babyfaceafrica: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ok
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by saxwizard(m): 1:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
you should also know the hustle is real and stop day dreaming

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Alasi20(m): 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
On Point
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
You forgot how to set formation

The source (pesin wey jack) should always stay in the middle or by the edge of the wall.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
And also forget the idea of a job waiting fr yhu immediately after graduation

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by learnedman(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
No. 7. know that there is seriouus and scandalous unemployment in Nigeria,and so if u did not read a professional course or course that can make u self reliant,start now to think of what u can do to be on your own when u graduate or else be prepared to buy an iron sole for your shoes as match the streets looking for job

5 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
Most importantly find a side hustle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Francis95(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
how to ask a girl out
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by truthspeaks: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
That Nigerians political leaders r useless
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by BlueRayDick: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
How to handle your finances? So some people actually read someone else's thought on how to manage their hard earned money? na wa o
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Divay22(f): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Correct cool
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Raymondfayowole(m): 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
For d shy ones.....
Know how to face d crowd

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by butanep(m): 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice one.

Still learn how to get alternative to your degree just in case because the hustling is real.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Debra911(f): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Tamakay(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lovely piece. If not for the fact that somebody would tag me 'Mr Sabi', I would've said i am a don. OP made me to feel I went to school.
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by biz9ja(m): 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
Only How to ask a girl out got me thinking
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by realGURU(m): 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
i done grage already , do i also need it
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by 21bc: 2:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
I care about how to talk to the opposite sex, I can talk to a woman cry cry cry
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Op you forgot the most important point.

A graduate must know how to critically and logically THINK!

6 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by maxwelloweezy(m): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Correct
Re: 5 Things You Should Know Before You Graduate by johnisaola(m): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
How to ask a girl go in to the other room

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard / Auchi Poly Cut Off Marks 2019/2020 (JAMB & Departmental) / Which Universities Offer Marine Engineering In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.