Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

World's Largest Giant Trailer - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / World's Largest Giant Trailer (45627 Views)

US Woman Shocked To Find Giant Python Inside Engine Of Her Malfunctioning SUV / Milex & Carquest, 2nd Largest USA Parts & Repair NOW OPEN In Lekki Phase 2 / 651 Volvo Fmx Tipper Trucks Are Helping To Build The World’s Largest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Vidamia(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
ademasta:
YOU LIED BAD
Check this, how many tires in the front? grin
the trailer pic even quote me right ABNORMAL
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Enybliss(f): 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
COOLDK:

Is there anything like dying before your time?
Nothing like that. Once you are dead, that means it's your appointed time via your appointed medium.
yes there's something like dying before your time, you can drink otapiapia today and die when its not your time to die
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
shadowman408:
Didn't anyone notice that this picture is a work of software? For a trailer to move a tank that large, first thing to consider what material is the tank made of, if the material is the usual steel then how much is the weight when empty and when filled. Next thing how powerful should the engine of the trailer be to carry such a weigth. The question continues. Anyway, forget about the logic and focus on the fact that this pic is a product of software design.

You're definitely not an Engineer... When an Engineer makes a review, you definitely would know. I know you admire the Engineering signature. Questions to ask should be "turning radius" "surface tension due weight" "maneuverability due to excess blind spot" "efficacy" "maintenance cost"... This are just layman Engineering terms as regards the discuss.
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Talk2Bella:
Some nepa people will come and claim engineers now grin

Lol grin will you keep kwayet there.
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Kdiva(f): 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
that 2nd picture is definitely not real
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
GoodyOG:
OMG this one na atomic bomb oooo
Thats a pressure vessel used in refineries and oil fields.
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Kdiva:
that 2nd picture is definitely not real
It is atleast common in the oilsands of canada. Maybe not of that magnitude. The giant pressure vessels are fabricated by welders in mod yards and transferred via trucks like this to their operational sites.

The pics posted actually looks like CAD, but itbwont be long before they hit the roads.

Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Enybliss:
not being scared of death is different from dying before your time

Doing 40km/h on a freeway is as dangerous as doing 260km/h.. So wish would you rather choose? cheesy

Anyways.... Come ride with me. In my SL500 Mercedes. wink cheesy

Cc: COOLDK I know your moniker infer as the DK in "Tokyo drift". Right now I have a Mercedes E430 V8, double rail for stability. Let's do a quarter mile... grin.

Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Enybliss(f): 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
Danfuster:

Doing 40km/h on a freeway is as dangerous as doing 260km/h.. So wish would you rather choose? cheesy

Cc: COOLDK I know you're moniker infer as the DK in "Tokyo drift". Right now I have a Mercedes E430 V8, double rail for stability. Let's do a quarter mile... grin.
nawao i just tire for una
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by zeedof(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
avadella:
Wow! That's why I love engineers wink
Only God knows how many tyres this giant trailer is using undecided
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

FTCoin
only God knows the number of tyre abi? What about the people that built it, they don't know shei?
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by zeedof(m): 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
avadella:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

FTCoin
only God knows the number of tyre abi? What about the people that built it, they don't know shei?
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Enybliss:
nawao i just tire for una

Sometimes you just have to live it up. wink

I guess my discuss was relevant for a quote grin. Anyways... I found what I was wanting on your profile grin...really sharp weave wink
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by COOLDK(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Danfuster:

Cc: COOLDK I know your moniker infer as the DK in "Tokyo drift". Right now I have a Mercedes E430 V8, double rail for stability. Let's do a quarter mile... grin.

Lolz grin grin I need 5secs Car to ride with you. Can we try out on a free Saturday on Lekki bridge road?9
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by COOLDK(m): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Enybliss:
yes there's something like dying before your time, you can drink otapiapia today and die when its not your time to die
Bae, otapiapia bawo! That one na suicidal now cheesy

Will PM you if you don't mind
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Enybliss(f): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
COOLDK:

Bae, otapiapia bawo! That one na suicidal now cheesy

Will PM you if you don't mind
ok i don't reply pms though
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
COOLDK:

Lolz grin grin I need 5secs Car to ride with you. Can we try out on a free Saturday on Lekki bridge road?9

Sure lol grin. What's under your hood?
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Enybliss(f): 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
Danfuster:

Sometimes you just have to live it up. wink

I guess my discuss was relevant for a quote grin. Anyways... I found what I was wanting on your profile grin...really sharp weave wink
you was looking for my weave?
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by GoodyOG: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
shinarambo1:

Thats a pressure vessel used in refineries and oil fields.
i know yoy know so dont qoute me again
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by firstclassmumu: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
avadella:
Wow! That's why I love engineers wink Only God knows how many tyres this giant trailer is using undecided Lalasticlala Mynd44

FTCoin
wow so you love me? I am a mechanic. My shop is at ojota junction
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Kdiva(f): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
shinarambo1:

It is atleast common in the oilsands of canada. Maybe not of that magnitude. The giant pressure vessels are fabricated by welders in mod yards and transferred via trucks like this to their operational sites.

The pics posted actually looks like CAD, but itbwont be long before they hit the roads.

I was talking about the way the truck curved on that dangerously curved road
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
ademasta:
World’s Largest Giant Trailer

Only Mechanical Engineers dare to make and lift heavy weights using World’s Largest Giant Trailer. Untiring efforts of engineers at Mammoet have made it possible to convert this dream of a giant trailer into reality.

Mammoet is world’s largest service provider with specialization in lifting and transporting heavy weights. Basically the idea is to develop a heavy transport solution called Trailer Power Assist (TPA). These trailers will be powered hydraulically thus lifting large and heavy equipment will not require combining several trucks.

Traditionally, you might have seen that (multiple trailers) four or five trailers are used to transport heavy cargo. Two or four trucks are used at front to steer the movement and two or four trucks are used at back for support to the cargo/ heavy equipment. The trucks are mechanical connected with limited maneuverability.

The new TPA-system has been initiated by Mammoet and developed in cooperation with SCHEUERLE, the leading manufacturer of heavy transport vehicles. TPA is based on the SCHEUERLE K25 trailer, which is fitted with a Power Pack Unit (PPU) that hydraulically powers 4 of the 6 axle lines. The PPU is mounted at one or either end of the trailer, depending on the configuration – or can be placed on the prime mover to replace the counterweight for traction. Each PPU is powered by a MTU V12 diesel engine, compliant with all emission requirements, that generates 1,000 horsepower and a traction power of over 40 tons. The TPA system is specified for all weather extremes.

One TPA is equivalent to two trucks. Using this technology, only one truck will be required at the front to pull and steer the equipment. This means that only one experienced driver/ operator will be incharge here thus it will reduce any damages caused by communication gaps between several drivers of other trucks combined to move same cargo.

TPA does not only provide more lifting capacity, but it also enhances speed of the vehicle. SCHEUERLE (Truck Manufacturing Company) is currently building two prototypes of TPA in a joint venture (JV) with Mammoet. In 2016, these two prototypes will be field-tested by Mammoet.

Source: http://www.aboutmech.com/2016/03/worlds-largest-giant-trailer.html?m=1

CUCUMBER OF LIFE
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Enybliss:
you was looking for my weave?

Naa...your weave was another context entirely.
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by NLbully(m): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
it resembles Russia topol-m
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Enybliss(f): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Danfuster:

Naa...your weave was another context entirely.
make me understand
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Rogbese(m): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
shadowman408:
Didn't anyone notice that this picture is a work of software? For a trailer to move a tank that large, first thing to consider what material is the tank made of, if the material is the usual steel then how much is the weight when empty and when filled. Next thing how powerful should the engine of the trailer be to carry such a weight. The question continues. Anyway, forget about the logic and focus on the fact that this pic is a product of software design.

You are quite correct, this is a computer generated image. It will be physically impossible to move this load over land. And the number of trailer heads required to pull such a load is something else. This type of load will be transported in sections and assembled onsite.
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Talk2Bella(f): 9:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
Danfuster:

Lol grin will you keep kwayet there.

grin
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by COOLDK(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
Enybliss:
ok i don't reply pms though

If you won't reply I better not then. That's gonna be a communication breakdown shocked
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Eaglesence: 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
avadella:
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

FTCoin

It should be about 64 tires
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
Talk2Bella:

grin

So...You'll break that gate now and be telling me "mio Mó Móó" abi? angry come on! Will you get inside angry grin

By the way...nice widows peak wink (one of my fetish).
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Talk2Bella(f): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Danfuster:

So...You'll break that gate now and be telling me "mio Mó Móó" abi? angry come on! Will you get inside angry grin

By the way...nice widows peak wink (one of my fetish).

Thanks grin
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
Rogbese:

You are quite correct, this is a computer generated image. It will be physically impossible to move this load over land. And the number of trailer heads required to pull such a load is something else. This type of load will be transported in sections and assembled onsite.

Your feeble mind knows nothing about Engineering, just stick to what you know how to do best, which is "End user". Impossible is a myth and forbidden word in the world of Engineers.
Re: World's Largest Giant Trailer by Danfuster(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Thanks grin

Just stating the obvious...me lady, You're welcome anyway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

♀️Are You Buying A Vehicle?Contact Us+2348060365068 For Detailed Record Check♀️ / Top 10 Most Expensive Suvs On The Market In 2014 / This 2017 Volvo XC90 Will Make Nigerians Want A Volvo Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.