Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' (729 Views)

Tension Rise Between South Africans And Foreigners (Video) / Donald Trump Full Speech On Why He Hates Blacks And Arabs / Netanyahu Israeli Prime Minister's Derogatory Speech On Africans & Arabs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by Lateralmaths(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
In a social media group I belong to, comments were being made in response to the supposed speech made by Donald Trump on Africans and Arabs. One of the comments made is written below:

"To understand the full scale of the predicament of the African and by that the Nigerian, think about the expression: "If you take all Nigerians to America and all Americans to Nigeria, in no time America will degenerate to be like Nigeria and Nigeria will transform to be like America". Friends, the problem is in the programming of the mind of the African which is generally called the culture practised by the African. We desperately need a reconstruction of mind and culture into one that builds a society that sustains human life and humans.".

Do agree or disagree with the above comment?

Whatever your position is, state your reasons and way forward for Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by delishpot: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
True if we put crazy leaders and we keep our I don't care attitude to life and our environment. Nigerians need good leaders and very good koboko to fall in line. Our problem is not that we can't do it, our problem is no reward for what we do.
Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by wydmag(m): 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
I won't say he is totally correct! Come to think of it, if you take all Nigerians to America, Nigerians will have to live based on the system Americans live by which will be very good, it may be rough at first but we are very good at standing on our feet. I don't need to tell you what will happen if you take Americans to Nigeria, let's say they survive the weather, will they be able to survive our ways of live without a bloody revolution. Exploitation of different sorts, abuse of power, will likely weaken them. And we in turn will have to colonize them!
Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by denziz: 8:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
For Nigeria to be great the mind of her citizens need to be rewired and reprogramme for excellence.How do we do these? that is where a good leader come in.
Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by delishpot: 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
wydmag:
I won't say he is totally correct! Come to think of it, if you take all Nigerians to America, Nigerians will have to live based on the system Americans live by which will be very good, it may be rough at first but we are very good at standing on our feet. I don't need to tell you what will happen if you take Americans to Nigeria, let's say they survive the weather, will they be able to survive our ways of live without a bloody revolution. Exploitation of different sorts, abuse of power, will likely weaken them. And we in turn will have to colonize them!

They meant move with the same mentality, lifestyle and attitude not just to change location. Besides why won't they survive Nigerian weather? Are there no Americans living in Nigeria? Did America colonize us?
Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
delishpot:

They meant move with the same mentality, lifestyle and attitude not just to change location. Besides why won't they survive Nigerian weather? Are there no Americans living in Nigeria?
don't mind him
Trump is right, if an exchange occurs naijans go mess up america big time!

1 Like

Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by Lateralmaths(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
wydmag:

people create and sustain systems. A system will definitely crumble if people with the wrong mindset run it.
Re: Fallout Of Supposed ' Donald Trump's Speech On Africans And Arabs' by Lateralmaths(m): 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
denziz:
For Nigeria to be great the mind of her citizens need to be rewired and reprogramme for excellence.How do we do these? that is where a good leader come in.
Where should that leader come from, from the same populace with the wrong mentality?

(1) (Reply)

President Barrow Goes Tough, Scraps gambia’s Friday Free-work Day / Ghanaian President Tell The West To Keep Their Money / Was The United States Really Founded As A Christian Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.