Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

How To Say And Respond To ‘thank You’ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Say And Respond To ‘thank You’ (531 Views)

INVESTIGATION: Only 8 Per Cent Of Nigeria’s ‘top Universities’ Respond To E-mail / Pictures - Finally, I Am A Graduate!! - Thank God - Viviangist.com / My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Say And Respond To ‘thank You’ by Benyinka(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2016
We say ‘thank you’ when we appreciate what someone has done for us, or when we want to be polite (e.g. a seller to a customer and vice versa). Thus, there are various ways of using and responding to this social expression.

Ways to say ‘Thank you’

Thanks.

Thank you.

Thanks very much (indeed)/Thank you very much (indeed).

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for your help/Thank you for your help.

Many thanks.

Thanks a bunch.

Note: ‘Thanks’ is considered informal.

Other ways

I really appreciate it/ I appreciate your help.

I’m grateful/ I’m so grateful.

That’s so kind of you.

You are so sweet/You’re a darling (to someone close to you).

How can I ever thank you enough(for a great help).

I can’t thank you enough

Ways to respond

You’re welcome (more formal).

Sure!

It was the least I could do.

I’m happy to help.

Not at all.

No problem.

Anytime.

It’s nothing.

Don’t mention it!

Note:

We say ‘thank you/thanks’ when we accept what we are being offered. In such a situation, ‘thank you/thanks’ means ‘yes’. However, when you start your answer with ‘no’, it means you’ve declined the offer.

Examples:

1. Abdul: Would you like some tea?

Putin: Yes, please. Thanks.

2. Nyang: Would you like some more bread?

Moritz: Thank you.

3. Johnson: Would you like to go to the cinema?

Linnea: No, thanks.

Thanks for reading this post. http://englishnaija.com/
Re: How To Say And Respond To ‘thank You’ by Solowande(m): 9:56am On Dec 29, 2016
Thanks 4 d poo

2 Likes

Re: How To Say And Respond To ‘thank You’ by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2016
#Helpful (y)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Easy Steps To Turning Dreams Into Reality In 2017! / Article: School Dating Is A Game…the Girl Is The Loser! / Politics Of Inconsideration: A National Deficiency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.