Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

NITEL And Democracy - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / NITEL And Democracy (742 Views)

Democracy Promo:buy 1kva 12v Famicare (GXQ) Inverter Only For Just #29k / Democracy Offer! With #120k Get A New 1KVA 12v GXQ Inverter + 150ah Battery / Do You Still Remember NITEL Call Card ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NITEL And Democracy by blackboythink: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
NITEL. Who remembers this? Who knows the might of this Brand?
All I remember is how Democracy Killed NITEL and MTEL and left it's carcass to rut under the elements. This brand wasn't given a chance to compete and grown, it was starved by Government and tossed around like ping pong between Pentascope, transcorp etc when it got it's only chance to compete. All this so that MTN can get a safe landing, fattened, so shareholders and beneficiaries of MTN can enjoy a monopoly and broke even in their first few years. Thank heavens for GLOBACOM sha, we would have still bought SIMs for 18k and make calls at 50 per minute, of cause we all know how "Democracy" denied Mike Adenuga licence to float Globacom.
at 11k per sec to all networks MTN still Makes Billions of Naira monthly, what did they rake in when the trived at 50N per mins. I remember that slogan swithing from "everywhere you" go to "Thank You Nigeria".

As for NITEL, It is dead and forgotten. The people who built it are dying too, almost extinct cry . No one remembers them either, they are still being owed their salaries, pensions and entitlements, yet NCC and Nigeria receive huge revenues from the new generation brands. They have families too.

I found this card in-front of my office today, it reminded me of my childhood, of my Father, of Nigeria.

Since democracy our standard of living has only dwindles, while the country and her economy only grows on paper and on the accounts of the elites.

What will you tell your children about this @Seun @lalasticlala and all pre 2000s children?

1 Like

Re: NITEL And Democracy by badaru1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
I was a victim

1 Like

Re: NITEL And Democracy by rookidmart: 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nitel isnt dead, that's what I'm using to post. tongue (Yes, I know you're talking about Nitel and not Ntel)
Re: NITEL And Democracy by osumak2: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: NITEL And Democracy by blackboythink: 8:04am On Dec 30, 2016
What is left of NITEL are relics or if you wish antiques. the only Values left are Buildings, Nigeria SAT3 and most importantly NITEL's Licences as Nigeria's 1st National carrier. These Ntel guys are aliens, they will ride on wwhat is left behind to try and compete. LTE alone cant give you that edge where others have 3G HSDPA, HSUPA and EDGE to fall back to when there is poor coverage.

rookidmart:
Nitel isnt dead, that's what I'm using to post. tongue
(Yes, I know you're talking about Nitel and not Ntel)
Re: NITEL And Democracy by lakefist(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2016
This is informative. Lalasticlala and seun abeg make it a front page material.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sell Iphone 5s And Tecno Phantom Z ,i Need Huawei Spectranet E / Infinix Hot 2 X510 For Sale / Infinix Zero 4 PLUS (brand-new)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.