Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Aftermath Of MERMOSA 2016, What Next ??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Aftermath Of MERMOSA 2016, What Next ??? (368 Views)

Aftermath Of US Airstrike On Iran General Qassem Suleimani (VERY GRAPHIC) / Aftermath Of Ghana Gas Explosion And How It Happened (video) / Indimi Sisters Call Aisha Buhari Gold Digger, Aftermath Of Zahra's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aftermath Of MERMOSA 2016, What Next ??? by Vibrant007(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Good day my beloved readers and co scholars, I congratulate the immediate past exco of this great association led by Ogunbanjo Sankara for their agility, perseverance and nobility in ensuring that the annual MERMOSA celebration remains a successful one. I as well branch at the kingdom of politeness to pay due respect to all past Presidents of this noble association for their immense support in upholding the glowing image of the association. May the Lord continue to uphold and uplift every one of you.
Come and gone is the annual 2016 MERMOSA get together party, but we must not forget the past, so as to construct a better future. The event was indeed glorious and entertaining which even outsiders present at the occasion testified to, but have we got it all right No ! There's a famous saying which goes thus "YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW YOUR ABILITY UNTIL YOU ARE ATTACHED TO A RESPONSIBILITY". On this platform, I boldly say we have a lot of race to run. We have achieved it, bringing students together every year, but that is not the only way to standardize this association. I strongly want to believe there is one aim or the other for founding this association and am not sure if it is just to party and drink every 26th of December. Let past and present excos brainstorm on what and what more to do or add. Fund raising, execution of physical projects for present students of our noble citadel of learning, MMS are few of what should be done in other to reinstate our firmness, unity and commitment.
This will spurn the interest of the founders in stretching out their helping hands when we need them most. Let's put the house in order first. I have been following the trend of things since the inception of this association and I can unequivocally say only 35% of faces who started with us are still very much on ground. Did we even bother to know why The secondary section of MMS was founded in the year 2000. Let's mathematically assume that 10 students graduate every year. The first set graduated in 2005/2006. Statistically, MMS have produced twelve solid SSCE graduates set. When you multiply 12 by 10, it gives 120. Do we have up to the above figure at each year get together ?? No !
Finally, the activities of this association should not be shouldered by the excos alone. The excos via their PRO should reach out to all necessary and interested persons so as to carry others along. Karin Kapo, yiye ni n ye ni. May the association continue to progress. We shall never witness setback or retrogression in Jesus Name !!

Sobowale Olayinka
Public Affair Analyst
Ijebu North, Ogun State

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : Messi, Neymar And Barca Stars Won't Attend FIFA Award Ceremony / Doctor:to Much To Bear I Saw Torn Flesh,broken Bones, Children’s Bodies / I Made Payment To Nairaland Couple Of Days Ago And Still Haven't Received Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.