Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Urgent Quote Needed For House Build - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent Quote Needed For House Build (1820 Views)

Call Us For House Painting / Get A Toyota Corolla As You Make A Deposit For House Magodo Phase2- UNBELIVABLE! / N2m for house In Estate,price slashed from N3m to N2m last. SOLD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by BOSSGUY1(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hello Everyone

I'm in urgent need of a contractor to build my house next month. The house is a family house for me, my wife and 2 children, I need a rough cost quote for the specification below. I have already purchased 1 full plot of land in the Lagos area towards Ajah. The plot size is 650sqm, please advise what size house footprint is suitable for this size of land i.e 250sqm, 300sqm etc...

The quote must be for a fully functional finished house ready for my family to move in without the need to do anything than just furnish.

Basic design concept

2 stories

4 bedroom ensuite (UPPER LEVEL)
STUDY ROOM ( GROUND LEVEL)
1 ground floor Toilet room
1 large kitchen
1 medium dining area
1 large ground floor communal living area
1 medium upper floor communal living area
1 storage area ground floor
Entry reception area

Ground floor
Large kitchen - The kitchen will be center of the house and one of the main features, with use of long walls and high ceilings the kitchen will almost appear like a backdrop displaying all of its features in one go. Natural sunlight from a large window space will allow the kitchen to always be in the spotlight. The kitchen will be an open planned area with no doors but could strategically place a stud wall to demonstrate its independence but having naturally flow into the dining area and then so into the large communal area.
Medium sized dining area - The dining area is also open planned and just a mere extension of the kitchen however will be an area that will allow full view to the whole ground floor in its entirety.
Large lower floor communal living area – This area will be the largest in the whole house, with high ceilings and long walls the room will give a sense of freedom and space. This too will be opened planned and will be the first sight upon entrance of the house.
Storage area/room – This will be a novelty area, open space with closed walls hidden towards the back of house.
Utility room – This a very small area for storage for solar batteries and inventors
Small Toilet room – Toilet and wash basin
Entry reception area.

Upper floor
Bed room 1 Master – Large simply open room with medium ensuite
Bedroom 2 - medium simply open room, small ensuite
Bedroom 3 – medium simple open room small ensuite
Bedroom 4 – medium simple open room small ensuite
medium upper floor communal living area –This space will naturally come from the extension of upper floor bedrooms and will be an off-centered meeting point/landing/balcony. Will overlook the ground floor. Use of 1-2 large windows in this area will highlight the amount of space.

External back of house boys quaters
small room with small ensuite

ROOF
flat roof

Please note and this is for all potential quotes, at this point in time until drawing plans are complete I need to be provided with intelligent estimate, this could come from previous experience of building 4bed houses in Lagos, and current cost of materials. I understand accuracy is compromised without full drawing plans but take my home as being no bigger than the 4-5 bed detached we conventionally see in the Lagos area.

I need to know will I be spending 15M-20M 20M-25M 30M-35M 40M-45M 45M+
The quote is for the house structurally only from foundation to roofing painted and decorated with finishes. Please submit your quote here or privately to my email Lucky@lemonskip.com

God bless

Lucky
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Chekitaut: 1:07am On Dec 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by abrahamswell(m): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2016
Hello,

In respect to your residential house construction request,
We have gone through that and we may need to be cleared on some aspects.
1. What grade of tiles material would you prefer for your finishes, Spanish, Italian or china?
2. What quality of doors would you prefer? specify if grade A/B
3. what quality of windows would you prefer for your house? specify grade A/B
4. What quality of electrical fittings would you prefer for your house? specify grade A/B
5. What quality of toilet wares would you prefer? grad A/B
6. Would you want all your walls to be POP screed?
7.. What type of cabinets would you prefer? specify grade A/B
8. What type of wardrobe materials would you prefer? specify grade A/B
9. Would you want all your ceilings to be full POP and cunning all through?
10. What type of roof materials would you prefer? specify either Long span Aluminum/step stone coat (Gerald)
11. would you prefer your roof to have parapet facials?
12. Would you want your house work bill of quantities to include external works i.e fence and gate, green areas, septic tank& soak-away pit, bore holes, generator house and floor pavings? (specify for floor if concrete paving asphalt or interlocking stones)
13. would you also want the contractor to include in our Bill for the supply of generator set?
14. Finally, have you a ready working drawing that define all you posted above?

Please you may need to give us feed back on all those questions to determine what your budget should be.
And not only that if item no 14 is not yet in place, you need one first.
If you do not have item 14 ready, we can produce one for you without wasting time. we assure you that we are going to work with your
information given and polish it with our modern day style that you will surely fall in love with.
All you need to do is just to let us have the photocopy of your survey plan so as to plant your structure well and manage your space for you nicely. And if it happens that your survey is not yet in place, lets handle it, we are good to go.

Thank you,

Engr. Dare
For: Abraham's Well Consult & Construction Ltd.

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Fadelex(m): 7:24am On Dec 30, 2016
BOSSGUY1:
Hello Everyone

I'm in urgent need of a contractor to build my house next month. The house is a family house for me, my wife and 2 children, I need a rough cost quote for the specification below. I have already purchased 1 full plot of land in the Lagos area towards Ajah. The plot size is 650sqm, please advise what size house footprint is suitable for this size of land i.e 250sqm, 300sqm etc...

The quote must be for a fully functional finished house ready for my family to move in without the need to do anything than just furnish.

Basic design concept

2 stories

1 large kitchen
1 medium dining area
Entry reception area

Ground floor
Large kitchen - The kitchen will be center of the house and one of the main features, with use of long walls and high ceilings the kitchen will almost appear like a backdrop displaying all of its features in one go. Natural sunlight from a large window space will allow the kitchen to always be in the spotlight. The kitchen will be an open planned area with no doors but could strategically place a stud wall to demonstrate its independence but having naturally flow into the dining area and then so into the large communal area.
Medium sized dining area - The dining area is also open planned and just a mere extension of the kitchen however will be an area that will allow full view to the whole ground floor in its entirety.
Large lower floor communal living area – This area will be the largest in the whole house, with high ceilings and long walls the room will give a sense of freedom and space. This too will be opened planned and will be the first sight upon entrance of the house.
Storage area/room – This will be a novelty area, open space with closed walls hidden towards
God bless

Lucky
you've actually stated all the necessary info, can I have the survey plan of the plot? you can mail it to fadelex2000@yahoo.com or drop your email add.
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by jeftalene(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2016
BOSSGUY1:
Hello Everyone

Basic design concept

2 stories

1 large kitchen
1 medium dining area
Entry reception area

Ground floor
Storage area/room – This will be a novelty area, open space with closed walls hidden towards the back of house.
Utility room – This a very small area for storage for solar batteries and inventors
Entry reception area.

Upper floor
medium upper floor communal living area –This space will naturally come from the extension of upper floor bedrooms and will be an off-centered meeting point/landing/balcony. Will overlook the ground floor. Use of 1-2 large windows in this area will highlight the amount of space.

ROOF
flat roof

God bless

Lucky

Sincerely you have a sound brief. Look more like that of a 'Professional Client'. Anyway its only logical that a 'professional client' settles for a 'professional contractor'.
Here are free tips on how to select a good contractor you might like to read;
http://engineerosaz..com/2016/12/how-to-select-good-contractor-for-your.html
https://www.nairaland.com/3357689/how-nairaland-contractor-me-save

You also find the latest prices of building materials and construction worker's labour rates on the site.

Success on your project!
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by BOSSGUY1(m): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2016
coments in red
1. What grade of tiles material would you prefer for your finishes, Spanish, Italian or china? China

Grade A
3. what quality of windows would you prefer for your house? specify grade A/B grade A
4. What quality of electrical fittings would you prefer for your house? specify grade A/B grade A
5. What quality of toilet wares would you prefer? grad A/B grade A
6. Would you want all your walls to be POP screed? no
7.. What type of cabinets would you prefer? specify grade A/B this is not relevant
8. What type of wardrobe materials would you prefer? specify grade A/B this is not relevant
9. Would you want all your ceilings to be full POP and cunning all through? no
10. What type of roof materials would you prefer? specify either Long span Aluminum/step stone coat (Gerald) long span aluminium
11. would you prefer your roof to have parapet facials? No parapet for this house
12. Would you want your house work bill of quantities to include external works i.e fence and gate, green areas, septic tank& soak-away pit, bore holes, generator house and floor pavings? (specify for floor if concrete paving asphalt or interlocking stones) no don’t include, this quote is for house structure only and finishes including drainage
13. would you also want the contractor to include in our Bill for the supply of generator set? No
Not completed yet

Please you may need to give us feed back on all those questions to determine what your budget should be.
If you do not have item 14 ready, we can produce one for you without wasting time. we assure you that we are going to work with your
information given and polish it with our modern day style that you will surely fall in love with.
All you need to do is just to let us have the photocopy of your survey plan so as to plant your structure well and manage your space for you nicely. And if it happens that your survey is not yet in place, lets handle it, we are good to go.

Please note and this is for all potential quotes, at this point in time until drawing plans are complete I need to be provided with intelligent estimate, this could come from previous experience of building 4bed houses in Lagos, and current cost of materials. I understand accuracy is compromised without full drawing plans but take my home as being no bigger than the 4-5 bed detached we conventionally see in the Lagos area.

The quote is for the house structurally only from foundation to roofing painted and decorated with finishes. Please submit your quote here or privately to my email Lucky@lemonskip.com

Thank you,

Engr. Dare

[/quote]
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by jeftalene(m): 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
You can now get rough estimates for your building projects in Nigeria for free by following this link;

http://engineerosaz..com/2016/12/latest-cost-estimates-of-building.html

Success on your projects!
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by ericompub: 8:54am On Dec 31, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by abrahamswell(m): 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dont be shocked ooo'

Na the country situation,

Dont forget that your foundation is raft, and its has to be filled

A ton of local iron now is 160,000 + transportation for example

Things have gone up even labor increases everyday.

Take it one step after the other and before you know it you will finished it.

God will surprise you.
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by choclatoria(f): 4:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
Is your space ready for the season ? Are you moving to a new place or redesigning ,let's give your space a brand new
definition ,we specialize in assembling and installation of window treatments ( window blinds & Curtains ) , installation of wallpapers and other services , we install anywhere in Nigeria , contact us by

Email : info@torrianprestigesolutions.com

Contact/WHATSAPP no : 08137676551 .

Also visit our website www.torrianprestigesolutions.com

Instagram : torrianprestigesolutions
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by PqsMike: 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
There are steps you need to follow before requesting for Quotes.

1. Get your Architectural drawings first
2. Pay for the service of a Quantity surveyor to prepare
a Bill of Quantity....that will serve as a budget and
you can use that to monitor your construction work.
3. Get an experience Contractor.

Newhome construction services can handle all that for you at a reasonable cost.

You can mail me on: projectqsmichael at gmail dot com

Check my signature for details

1 Like

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by fajek: 5:33pm On Jan 02, 2017
You Need to follow the right steps to get your desired result.

1.Get your survey plan
2. Get your Architectural Drawings.
3. Get a Structural Drawings
4. Get the Mechanical and Electrical Drawings
5. Get the Bill of Quantities. ( This will help you know precisly what your construction cost will be)
6. Get a builder/ site supervisor.

All of the above must be qualified and practising.
Beware of quarks....

I recommend this company for all you need...
They are very good and not expensive.

Avantiline Design Limited
Architecture. Construction. Project Management
www.avantiline.com
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by twinskenny(m): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
BOSSGUY1:
Hello Everyone

Basic design concept

2 stories

1 large kitchen
1 medium dining area
Entry reception area

Ground floor
Entry reception area.

Upper floor

ROOF
flat roof

God bless

Lucky

hello sir.. i wish you good luck
kindly check our thread for the services will offer...

https://www.nairaland.com/3530162/northern-foreshore-projects-electrical-fittings

https://www.nairaland.com/3492526/competed-cctv-dstv-whole-house

thank you
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2017
I recommend Engineer/Architect Darenyx without any reservation. He is patient, a professional, has high eye for detail and isn't overbearing. He listened to me and all my "obodo oyinbo" ideas and found ways to embedded them into my plans (two buildings) keeping the Nigerian context in mind. Some Architects completely ignored my brief and behaved as if they knew better - they don't.

https://www.nairaland.com/darenyx

Good luck on your project.

PS: Please pardon me for this small comment but nothing in building a house or doing business with Nigerians should be done in haste but only after due diligence.
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by nysot(f): 8:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
I recommend abrahamswell, he's a reliable and responsible individual. I've seen his works and can boldly say he's your best bet
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Dsrooftiles: 5:03am On Jan 03, 2017
Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work

1 Like

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by BOSSGUY1(m): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
@Dsrooftiles

please send contact details
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Dsrooftiles: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
BOSSGUY1:
@Dsrooftiles

please send contact details

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by jeftalene(m): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Meanwhile in other news, the prices of cement and other building materials is on the rise again; See the latest prices at www.engineerosaz..com
Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by stancydg: 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2017
BOSSGUY1:
Hello Everyone

Basic design concept

2 stories

1 large kitchen
1 medium dining area
Entry reception area

Ground floor
Entry reception area.

Upper floor

ROOF
flat roof

God bless

Lucky

Pictures/Actions speak louder than words. The buildings in the accompanying pictures are as designed and built by Paradysity Architects. Expect our quote via email soon. 07034643328/09076151101.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by stancydg: 7:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
stancydg:

Pictures/Actions speak louder than words. The buildings in the accompanying pictures are as designed and built by Paradysity Architects. Expect our quote via email soon. 07034643328/09076151101.

Let's check out a second project, which is exactly on one plot(60X120)

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Toronto123: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:
I recommend Engineer/Architect Darenyx without any reservation. He is patient, a professional, has high eye for detail and isn't overbearing. He listened to me and all my "obodo oyinbo" ideas and found ways to embedded them into my plans (two buildings) keeping the Nigerian context in mind. Some Architects completely ignored my brief and behaved as if they knew better - they don't.

https://www.nairaland.com/darenyx

Good luck on your project.

PS: Please pardon me for this small comment but nothing in building a house or doing business with Nigerians should be done in haste but only after due diligence.

Oga you speak highly of this guy. Abeg make i add am to whatapp too.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Quote Needed For House Build by Adegbulugbe(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
BOSSGUY1:
coments in red
1. What grade of tiles material would you prefer for your finishes, Spanish, Italian or china? China

Grade A
3. what quality of windows would you prefer for your house? specify grade A/B grade A
4. What quality of electrical fittings would you prefer for your house? specify grade A/B grade A
5. What quality of toilet wares would you prefer? grad A/B grade A
6. Would you want all your walls to be POP screed? no
7.. What type of cabinets would you prefer? specify grade A/B this is not relevant
8. What type of wardrobe materials would you prefer? specify grade A/B this is not relevant
9. Would you want all your ceilings to be full POP and cunning all through? no
10. What type of roof materials would you prefer? specify either Long span Aluminum/step stone coat (Gerald) long span aluminium
11. would you prefer your roof to have parapet facials? No parapet for this house
12. Would you want your house work bill of quantities to include external works i.e fence and gate, green areas, septic tank& soak-away pit, bore holes, generator house and floor pavings? (specify for floor if concrete paving asphalt or interlocking stones) no don’t include, this quote is for house structure only and finishes including drainage
13. would you also want the contractor to include in our Bill for the supply of generator set? No
Not completed yet

Thank you,

Engr. Dare

with all this requirement,i will assure you that you will spend close to 40m based on using china tiles and not all the walls are screeded but you must have a good structure,good kitchen set,good quality wardrobe materials,the internal doors can still be average quality,but all the external doors must be best quality.i have a building similar to this your taste im building presently which im at painting stage now.you can mail me at paraconeng@yahoo.com to send you some samples and also you can send your survey plan then i will design the best for you.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Clean 3bedrm Flat At Obawole Ogba Pay And Pack In With Ties And 4 Toilet 450k / Buy Dangote/BUA Cement / Architectural Design Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.