Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Anime That I Am Watching Right Now: Shounen Maid. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Anime That I Am Watching Right Now: Shounen Maid. (626 Views)

Some Old Anime That I Am Watching Right Now. / List Of 2017 Winter Anime That I Am Watching Right Now. / Anime I Am Watching Right Now...while Waiting For Winter 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anime That I Am Watching Right Now: Shounen Maid. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hey animelanders!

So, while waiting for the new season to begin, I have been watching some other anime (some reviews might come up later, stay tuned), and intending to watch more.

One of them i am watching right now is Shounen Maid.

Brief synopisis

Young lad loses his mom....literally the only family he knows.....to a heart attack. While mourning her death, he meets a strange man who introduces himself as his long lost uncle....who invites him to live with him in his big, rambling....and untidy house.

(You can see where this is going?)

Long story short, the nephew becomes the uncle's housekeeper.....his er maid.(Hence the titie....Shounen Maid!).

And did I mention the boy is eleven years old? (What?)

First Impressions:

Appears to be a poor man's Hayate no Gotoku...with some comedy, and some seriousness. Have seen episode 1, which looks rather interesting.Hope to watch more.

Should you watch it? Oh yes. Seems good. (if you can get past the implications of someone's uncle using his nephew as paid child labor. Anime, sometimes.....)

On a more serious note...watch it, and laugh. Not meant to be taken that seriously.

Where to watch: Here (Episode 1 )

Happy viewing!
Re: Anime That I Am Watching Right Now: Shounen Maid. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Additional impressions:

Behind the comedy and fun so far is a simple story, again of relationships.

Chihiro, the protagonist , is a 11 year old boy who has just lost his mum. Seems that the mum got pregnant out of wedlock and was cut off from her family. The mum had a brother, Madoka, whom she was close to......and who missed her greatly. So, on her death....he becomes Chihiro's caretaker.

Although, looks like Chihiro is the one taking care of him! Madoka is a bachelor , and a very rich fashion designer who lives in a big house...which he does not know how to take care of. So, it is his nephew that does the cleaning and the washing around the house (Not the gardening fortunately....that is being done by a private landscaper).

Seems like, after 3 episodes, I can see where this anime is going....a rebuilding of the relationship between Madoka and his sister via the nephew. I expect to see hard secrets revealed, and tears shed. I am also interested in why Chihiro's mother left the family....it must have been more than just getting pregnant out of wedlock (although upper class Japanese families can be very very conservative). It is key to understading what is going down with this anime.

Please watch this anime. It has much to teach.
Re: Anime That I Am Watching Right Now: Shounen Maid. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2017
Almost through with this anime (Binge watching....new year break, before the work kicks in again).

The show is looking more and more like a show about relationships. In particular, how the people we love hurt us sometimes.

Chihiro later on rescues an old lady from a dog, and the old lady invites him for tea. Old lady later turns out to be his grandma...and madoka's mother....and there are issues between the two.

Really interesting show. How I missed it last year....should have watched it instead of that Asterisk war season 2 (yuck!).

(1) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Students Queue To Collect Recharge Cards To Vote For Tboss / Watch 20,000+ Movies On Your Mobile / Comedy Skit: Comedy Mark Angel Comedy - Don't Off It [episode 119]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.