Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,698 members, 7,955,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Daily Assumptions Made By Nigerians That Might Not Be True - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daily Assumptions Made By Nigerians That Might Not Be True (525 Views)

Nigerians That Left The Country Are Now Trying To Come Back Home – Buhari / I Wish To Remind Nigerians That The Whistleblower Lines Are Available - BUHARI / 5 Categories Of Nigerians That Are Happy Buhari Is Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Assumptions Made By Nigerians That Might Not Be True by AkinPhysicist: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2016
1. God will pick up my call: This is an assumption that is very popular among the poor in this country. This assumption easily bags the FALSE tag. Here is why: Thousands of Nigerians die daily. Most of these die poor. Clearly God is not picking up their call.

2.Nigeria go better: A common phrase that appears to be as old the country itself. While this phrase seems to be a good patriotic pep talk its veracity is questionable. I rank it MILDLY FALSE Here is why: with an ever increasing population and diminishing resources, its obvious that capable leadership is required all across the country for its survival let alone for it to thrive. Unfortunately, this kind of leadership has been absent for the most part.

3. Military rule will never return in Nigeria: I will just go straight to the point here. This assumption is FALSE. Here is why: While I agree that military dictatorship won't come back anytime soon, I believe it will eventually return. Here is a a scenario: The 3 big generals: Obasanjo, Buhari and Babangida are no longer alive. Couple that with a country seeped in sectarian and tribal discord bearing on instability, and economic unrest you then have the perfect conditions for an ambitious military officer to overthrow the government. If you know history, you know what am talking about.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: Daily Assumptions Made By Nigerians That Might Not Be True by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
Op sit down let me tell u the truth cheesy

(1) (Reply)

{ekitis Within And In Diaspora} – Congressman Bimbo Daramola / Compare And Contrast: Nigeria and Others / No Doubt Abt Dis But We Decide Nt Accept D Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.