Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? (11038 Views)

Thinking Of Joining A Cult Group. / Advice Needed, Is Kegite A Social Club Or Cult Group? / Secret Cult Activities On Campus Exposed (must Read) + Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by ubamu2029: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2007
http://www.nas-int.org/

I'm wondering if pyrate confrantanity is a cult group. Someone has been calling on me to come for their meeting. According to him, pyrate confrantanity is not a cult group like the Buccaneers. But my mind rejects this proposal for i am convinced that they are cultists. No matter how Wole Soyinka and his men view themselves, I still them as diabolical elements of our society. They operate in the night. They operate in secret. They are members of secret society.

Do you think otherwise? They even tried to register of party which Iwu rejected. They are now pallying with a small political group with no grounds.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by ubamu2029: 10:55pm On Jan 11, 2007
no one has replied me? are you all cultists?
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by TerraCotta(m): 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2007
The cultism issue's a little overblown on Nigerian campuses. Most of them might be just criminal gangs, but I think the Pyrates are a little more like other college fraternities around the world. They are the original in Naija, and they have an impressive history that led to their establishment. The other ones are just sad imitators with semi-criminal agendas, from what I know.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by ubamu2029: 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2007
So what you are saying in effect is that it's no harm to join them? Would you advice your son to belong to the pyrate confrantanity? What I want is a reason to consider or reject pyrates. I also understand they want to register a party based on their ideologies. I would want to know from their members, what their ideologies are.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Afam(m): 9:42am On Jan 13, 2007
ubamu2029:

But my mind rejects this proposal for i am convinced that they are cultists. No matter how Wole Soyinka and his men view themselves, I still them as diabolical elements of our society. They operate in the night. They operate in secret. They are members of secret society.

In most cases, following your mind may be the best thing for you because ultimately no matter the advice that people give to you, in the end only you will bear the full consequences of your actions whether right or wrong.

ubamu2029:

What I want is a reason to consider or reject pyrates. I also understand they want to register a party based on their ideologies. I would want to know from their members, what their ideologies are.

Well, if you want to know from their members, why not join them and find out first hand instead of relying on second hand, third hand or even fourth hand information?
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Seun(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2007
Well, if you want to know from their members, why not join them and find out first hand instead of relying on second hand, third hand or even fourth hand information?

Don't follow this advice. If he joins and finds out that it's a dangerous cult, he won't be able to leave!
First-hand information might be the most reliable, but it's the most expensive way to learn. You can lose a lot!
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by layi(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2007
First hand information isnt always the best. Why should u be a scape goat in ur search for knowledge? the knowledge becomes useless then.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by gbogboade(f): 12:05pm On Jan 15, 2007
i think they are the best,but i dt advice u to join
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Seun(m): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2007
Not unless you really really need to join - are they going to give you money to join? cheesy
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2007
joining may sound easy and fun what about getting out? is it that easy? any form of diabolism is wrong, a sin.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 16, 2007
u guys wont kill me grin grin grin grin
seun don make me laff tire.

see guy its ur choice to make u are a man so u shuld be ready to make decisions on ur own mostimes.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by otuonye(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2007
The way I have seen them, I think they are not as terrible as the other ones like Vikings, , Maphites, and the rest.

From what I have seen so far, I do not think them to be harmful. I would even welcome an invitation to join them with relish. Anyway, this is my own personal suggestion [not binding on all]

Jojo
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by alexj(m): 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2007
o boy God punish you, who told you that vikyy boys are terribble & harmfull? well! i must tell you that they are the sweetest in all confra! i think i like to be a salior!
if any body wishes let that person contact me.
bye!
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by otuonye(m): 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2007
Hey Folks,

I believe this is a forum where everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Railing curses at me for standing up for my opinion is what I consider 'crazy'. I have been unfortunate to have dealings with the both fraternities, and believe me, both were more than cruel.

That is basis of my assertion. Other people might have different views to the story - that I don't know. However, if you feel slighted by my comments on any of the groups I mentioned aforetime, I deeply regret it.

My personal opinion still remains that the Pyrates is the most - peaceful and more focused confraternity I see in the campuses.

Jojo
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by nanaboi(m): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2007
Isn't it bad enuff that u r a VIking? I mean, 2 admit it in public shows u have absolutely no shame.
Ok, if u're proud of it, tell me, wat did ur "Odin" think of robbery and violence?
D'u think he frowned at such stuff? - I dont think so too.

Talking about Pyrates, I dont c much difference b/w them and other terrors,O sorry, sailors - Vikings and Bucaneers. They're just a bunch of boyz that want to die boyz.

Some of us want 2 grow from boyz 2 men - we want to have familiez not hommiez.

IN CASE U DONT KNOW - THAT'S 4 THOSE WHO SAILING WHEN THEY SHUD BE STUDYING - THERE'S NO DEGREE ON THE SEA, AND DEFINITELY NO GOD THERE.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by chet(m): 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2007
Naija4life, what type of fan do you mean, ceiling , standing or table fan?
Just kidding.
But really, you are a fan of , , what?
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by georgies(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2007
According to Wole Soyinka=Group of like minds or friends
According to reality=Cult simple,
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Taiwo20(m): 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2007
You guys just dont know what you are talking about,all frat have a tendency to oppress even though most of them claim to be good. No matter how they try to be good the bad eggs in them has deviated from their original ideaology. I mean pyrates confraternity also know as PC, Seadogs,NAS:natonal association of seadogs.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by cornel318(m): 8:48am On Jun 28, 2007
Some guys can be really funny, after all these troubled years of stress, people are still gropping in darkness.
Wake up, and face the reality, our society needs total re-orientation to curb these menace.
You are a Hard man, why do you hide when there is a "Hit", why are u  always afraid of yourself, You cant even walk alone on Campus.

waht ever u call yourself,Eiye, Bucket,Axe,etc, want you to know that u all are COWARDS AND UNTIL YOU REPENT AND GIVE YOUR LIFE TO GOD, you shall know no peace.
Because, if you dont, one day, ur corpse will be seen along the walkways, cos the soul that sinneth shall die
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by alexj(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2007
hi mr preacher! how are the shepards? i want to tell you some thing about you here, why don't you go for preaching in the church other than blabbing in this forum? saying things that does not involves you. every body has his/her own life to live. pls don't try to tell me that i am in a wrong place, cos i already know, and i think i like it that way. Ok?
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by fuzek: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2007
nanaboi:

Isn't it bad enough that you're a VIking? I mean, 2 admit it in public shows u have absolutely no shame.
Ok, if u're proud of it, tell me, what did your "Odin" think of robbery and violence?
D'u think he frowned at such stuff? - I don't think so too.

Talking about Pyrates, I don't c much difference b/w them and other terrors,O sorry, sailors - Vikings and Bucaneers. They're just a bunch of boyz that want to die boyz.

Some of us want 2 grow from boyz 2 men - we want to have familiez not hommiez.

IN CASE You DONT KNOW - THAT'S 4 THOSE WHO SAILING WHEN THEY SHUD BE STUDYING - THERE'S NO DEGREE ON THE SEA, AND DEFINITELY NO GOD THERE.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seun:

Not unless you really really need to join - are they going to give you money to join? cheesy

ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

NA WA undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by ladyaijay(f): 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2007
hi guys i am new .i read the topic about pyrates con. they r not a secret cult becos they dont hold their meetings at nite.u mite wonder how i know well my husband is a member since our university days and i have alwys followed him to various functions they held. they hold there programs publicly and they even fund motherless babies home.so trust me i know wat i am saying.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Banderas(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2007
Story! Pyrates sail at midnight. I had a problem with one of them back in uni, and they painted a skull and crossbones warning on the wall in my room. Touts.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by azpunpin: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2007
U beta Watch Ya Back while Typing Kos u may get Hooked up while trying to rubbish the G*S.
Watch Ya Mouth, Mad Dogs!!!!!

Bleep Ya all, D bad eggs.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by marjson(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2007
if you wanna be in the world you can go ahead and join cos its a matter of choice , but as for me, i will never join any fraternity on campus cos they are all same of the same, keep yah head up boy,
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by Banderas(m): 12:55pm On Aug 17, 2007
Azun, say what you want to say, makes no difference to me. Y'all are a fu.cki.ng low-life confra.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by pallicious: 4:46pm On Jan 13, 2008
Pyrate is not a cult group.Many reason this way bcoz they are not part of the moves in NAS,
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by IykeD(m): 10:31pm On Jan 13, 2008
Man don't join, it might be good today and tomorrow it turns bad, u are there for studies, focus on it.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by medman007(m): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2008
I must tell you, anything secret cult isn't good for a real human being. i don't even knw what they gain by stressing themselves out in the night while others are sleeping or doing something tangible, instaed you will be out there discussing on how to mud or make a destruction. Pls. av a rethink of all this evil deeds u r doing.

Cheers
Ahmed.
Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by pallicious: 9:06pm On Jan 20, 2008
It's very funny when people think about pyrate doing all evil gathering at night, That is why NAS is different, Am sure none of you has attend any NAS gathering.I dont get myslef into such and have not done such, Things are not the way you see it with those hurrible name you think about NAS, No one has the time for this bush thing, Many say all such because they dont know how life is when you are a pyrate.It's up to anyone if he decide if to be a member or not, But the truth is most of the emails people post online is not found in pyracy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Pyrate Confrantanity A Cult Group? by pedigree(m): 9:34am On Jan 24, 2008
Those wo associate anything with God are nothing but words of hell fire. In everything thing u do think God first. May God forgive all of us our sins. Love u all brothers. Repent, there is a second and even third chance from Almighty God the Most Merciful. Peace.

You are to0 precious to be a cultist. You could be Yar'adua of tomr you know!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Tuition And School Fees Of Ambassadors College Ota / National Open University (NOUN) Question And Answer / Sample Research Project Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.