Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Just Before You Call It Quits... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Just Before You Call It Quits... (2323 Views)

Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" / Just Before 2019- Take Notes. / Just Before You Think Of Immigrating With Your Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Please read...

They are both married with children. Lilian is a very open-minded,down to earth lady. For some months, things have not been going on well in her home. Her husband has been keeping late nights and barely eats her meals. Lilian has tried everything to get her husband's attention but to no avail.

She decided to confide in Sharon who went berserk on hearing everything Lilian has been tolerating. She said "What rubbish, you need to call your lawyer immediately, you're not his slave! This has been going on for too long. You need to give him space and when he is finally back to his senses, you will be long gone. Find one bobo and let him fill the void. You're still very young. My husband cannot try half of this rubbish with me cos he worships the very ground that I walk upon, He knows that I will not tolerate nonsense!!!

While she was still at it, a car pulled up in the driveway and shortly after, Her husband walked in speaking loudly on the phone.
"Babe I'll be with you in less than an hour, I need to freshen up". Before the call ended, Sharon was already by her husband's side to pick up his briefcase. After exchanging pleasantries with Lilian, Sharon said,
"Welcome darling, how was your day at work? I have prepared your favourite and I am sure you will..."

Hubby: I have to be in a meeting in less than an hour, I only came to freshen up. Don't wait up for me. I might not come home tonight.

Sharon: Darling but...

Hubby: We can talk about it when I get back tomorrow.

He strolled up the stairs and was off. Sharon followed suit immediately after excusing herself from the living room, barely thirty minutes later, her husband was out of the house.

Sharon came back and continued,
"As I was saying Lily, you need to set yourself free! You're not a slave, he's obviously..." Lily cut her short and told her she needed to be somewhere urgently. She thanked her for the hospitality and left...

It's quite a long read so I had to shorten it but the bottom line is that there isn't a perfect couple out there so do not let that friend of yours talk you out of your marriage just because of the little imperfections here and there.

THE GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT AND IGNORE THE WHAT IF'S.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Dezzx(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2016
True, no two relationship are same, must try all within our power to make it work. Communication with your spouse is key, the only exception is if the spouse is physically abusive type, run away as quick you can before you end up in the grave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by SafeDavid(m): 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
Okay counsellor cheesy
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
I agree. It saddens me when I see some ladies proffer advice that they cannot even practice. I know of someone that forms feminist online yet she refers to her husband as daddy. Double standards.

Everything should be done in moderation.
Dezzx:
True, no two relationship are same, must try all within our power to make it work. Communication with your spouse is key, the only exception is if the spouse is physically abusive type, run away as quick you can before you end up in the grave.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by KingRex1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
This write up is incomplete and hanging.. Anyway we get ur point.

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by bukatyne(f): 9:38pm On Dec 30, 2016
Mimzyy:
I agree. It saddens me when I see some ladies proffer advice that they cannot even practice. I know of someone that forms feminist online yet she refers to her husband as daddy. Double standards.

A feminist cannot call her husband daddy? What is feminism

@OP:

What was wrong with Lillian's husband? Incomplete story.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Dezzx(m): 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2016
Mimzyy:

that is hypocrisy at its highest level.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
Source ?

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 6:59am On Dec 31, 2016
aflyingbird:
Source ?

Mimzyy
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 7:01am On Dec 31, 2016
He doesn't refer to her as mummy so why call him daddy?

I'll update the rest of the write-up today. Morning ma'am.

bukatyne:

@OP:

What was wrong with Lillian's husband? Incomplete story.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 7:02am On Dec 31, 2016
Dezzx:
that is hypocrisy at its highest level.

I tell you. Morning sir.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 7:03am On Dec 31, 2016
KingRex1:
This write up is incomplete and hanging.. Anyway we get ur point.

tongue Focus on Sharon. Not Lilian's husband. Anyway, compliments boo.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by EfemenaXY: 7:15am On Dec 31, 2016
We've seen this story several times here. This is simply a modified version of the original.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Acidosis(m): 7:24am On Dec 31, 2016
bukatyne:

Yes.

The daddy tag is old school, and feminism is 100% against our old family values.

A woman who calls her husband daddy will definitely never allow her husband cook vegetable soup and pound yam. A woman who calls her husband daddy will endure a cheating husband and will definitely not recommend divorce for herself unless her life is in danger.

Will you ever be realistic with your views here?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 7:49am On Dec 31, 2016
EfemenaXY:
We've seen this story several times here. This is simply a modified version of the original.

Will you please post a link of the supposed modified version? A copy n paste will aid you in your search. Not a line of this is plagiarized. The entire content is exclusively mine. Thanks.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 7:55am On Dec 31, 2016
I see what is happening. Please be kind enough not to derail this thread. The content is exclusively mine. Please respect yourself enough to make verifications before laying claim. Thank you.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by zayhal(f): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2016
Not really plagiarized but appears like a recycled version of a popular story about two friends. One has a loving husband but she's not happy in the marriage. Seeks her friend's advise and the friend poisons her mind against her hubby, taught her silly things to do and how she takes no nonsense from her own man and how her man worships her.

The bubble burst the day friend 1 leaves her house to friend's house and at the entrance overhears curses and beatings from the supposedly perfect husband to the no-nonsense wife.

The story is all over the place and your story line is just too similar. I guess this is what madam is saying up there.

4 Likes

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 8:46am On Dec 31, 2016
I agree.

Acidosis:

Yes.

The daddy tag is old school, and feminism is 100% against our old family values.

A woman who calls her husband daddy will definitely never allow her husband cook vegetable soup and pound yam. A woman who calls her husband daddy will endure a cheating husband and will definitely not recommend divorce for herself unless her life is in danger.

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Dezzx(m): 8:51am On Dec 31, 2016
Mimzyy:

I tell you. Morning sir.
lovely morning to you ma'am, hope you had a good night rest.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 9:08am On Dec 31, 2016
Dezzx:
lovely morning to you ma'am, hope you had a good night rest.

Sure. Have a fulfilling cross over. Enjoy your day. smiley
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by EfemenaXY: 10:19am On Dec 31, 2016
Mimzyy:

Will you please post a link of the supposed modified version? A copy n paste will aid you in your search. Not a line of this is plagiarized. The entire content is exclusively mine. Thanks.

I don't have to.

zayhal:
Not really plagiarized but appears like a recycled version of a popular story about two friends. One has a loving husband but she's not happy in the marriage. Seeks her friend's advise and the friend poisons her mind against her hubby, taught her silly things to do and how she takes no nonsense from her own man and how her man worships her.

The bubble burst the day friend 1 leaves her house to friend's house and at the entrance overhears curses and beatings from the supposedly perfect husband to the no-nonsense wife.

The story is all over the place and your story line is just too similar. I guess this is what madam is saying up there.

You've nailed it, thanks. That's precisely what I'm saying. smiley

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Doctorfitz: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2016
zayhal:

Lols
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Dezzx(m): 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2016
Mimzyy:

Sure. Have a fulfilling cross over. Enjoy your day. smiley
Thanks. Wishing the best of all 2017 has to offer.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by bukatyne(f): 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
Mimzyy:
He doesn't refer to her as mummy so why call him daddy?

I'll update the rest of the write-up today. Morning ma'am.

So a woman can't call her husband 'daddy' for whatever reasons because he doesn't call her mummy else she isn't a feminist?

If she has said point blank here that she can't call her husband 'daddy' then you have a point else ...
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by bukatyne(f): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Acidosis:

Yes.

Interestingly, we all can't have same 'reality' and I am amused you think I am not 'realistic' because our views differ.

A woman calls her husband 'daddy' and she is no longer a feminist?

A woman who calls her husband daddy will be more accommodating of his infidelity and excesses? She wouldn't let him cook?

Dude, you are funny!

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by kaboninc(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2017
Mimzyy:

Mimzyy

Please complete your story.. .i beg you in the name of whatever it is you love.. .

Biko.. .ejoor..juss complete it
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Richy4(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2017
So what happened Next...........
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by George22016(m): 6:44pm On Jan 08, 2017
The story is everywhere joor.goggle will do the trick.this gal na copy and paste jobless
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Ishilove: 6:56pm On Jan 08, 2017
No mind them. Dem full Nairaland
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by Mimzyy(f): 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2017
kaboninc:

Please complete your story.. .i beg you in the name of whatever it is you love.. .

Biko.. .ejoor..juss complete it

Lolz. Ok.
Re: Just Before You Call It Quits... by sauceEEP(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Lol @ copy and paste...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Unmarried Ladies Let Themselves To Be Treated Like Lepers? / She Squated Her Female Best Friend On Her Matrimonial Bed When Hubby Was Away. / The Best Creche/pre-nursery In Ajah/lekki Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.