Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

An insight into my case(feedback) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / An insight into my case(feedback) (1766 Views)

LASU Launches Lecturer Feedback System / An Insight Into SMSF! / My Case With Walden University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2016
Hello guys,
Seasons greetings!
hope you all are doing fine?
Well, on 25th July 2016, I created the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/3248708/im-300-level-poor-grades
and needed counsel from you guys.
Couldn't get the other account details back so I had to create a new account.

First I'd like to thank you guys for your suggestions, so many positivity replies from you guys, Well alot happened this past few months and I wanted to give you feedback of what's been happening with me.
Please, pardon my scattered write up.

I couldn't get myself together and in order not to perform poorly, I deferred the semester just to sit down and think.
With post UTME, scrapped, the writing JAMB suggestion scared me so I opted for an inter-faculty transfer though a Doc in the department was planning to talk to me about it.
Before I went with the purchase of form, I went about looking for a department that was gonna accept me but I shouldn't have really done that but went director to Senate and processed the whole stuff.
So after being discouraged by a secretary to HoD in computer science saying they were too many in that department and I should try Statistics or Mathematics which I've never envisaged studying.
I narrowed my search to Library and information science and proceeded with the application and submission.
List showed like 2 weeks ago and I was given Physical and Health Education. I tried to make enquires about it and was told the committee decided on it.
I won't lie, I'm happy to have left the department.
Can't really say much because I'm yet to really start with the department.
Some of you suggested dropping out but I don't really think that was the best move.
As the list showed, my name appeared on withdrawal list for my previous department.
The few people I've told aren't that happy; I'm not even happy to.
I'm being haunted by my actions...
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 11:36am On Dec 31, 2016
Yeah, my actions like not really putting my best towards excelling.
Losing confidence after some COs(my world shattered).
Trying to be average and not planning to hit those As aiming for C. Not to get noticed or what?
Aiming for C will likely give you a D,E or F.
Skipping classes and and not really caring about studying.
I spent so much time assisting people thinking at the expense of my studies. I purposely missed a test just to help someone collect his other from Jumia (who does that?).

I initiated my plight and I take responsibility.
I've got alot to type but I don't want to make it look like a tale so I'll create other threads later.
I apologise for the poor write-up, I just wanted to put something down for now.
Thanks.

Cc:
eph12 WhiteNgold lilmax adebrave1 Beehshorp Spells iambabaG folks4luv timilehing timidaspan Esseite shamecurls blazetitov Thisnut Excelboi ramalot Nairamaster1 dress Javuu truthsayer007 maxti ksbusari skillz21 Senai Sirmuel1 Nasri100 LordHiffy Remmyplan samadet hpk gabicon AndyAustin Sundson blueseacuts Anoruo Dexema 9ise cruz419 lawlhee Olu4all Presbaby93 remiospash kolaaderin Zazua Justdulla jeffdaniel DateMynd41 lobiologs friendlyadvice businesscitadel davolas lakeside3020 horlumiday Badtguyy Alfred234 SAVEDBABA InfinixMine gdguy Originalsly muffyt05 aezenkwu bigmo1 raindrop99 eyinjuege VOMOHANDSOME jayjaysony viaeny krasid bidak Explicitcontent gabe Cunninlinguist Adeyinka1758 horlumiday janvier27 cmikel 360command ugoslique JohnWriter Kirinwa fflamingo Temitoppe Dnnn fretfingers Youngice biafraone ugonna1054 okangisaiah YOLO1 sprintson wilson1111 vickifeanyi DanielGb.

1 Like

Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Passing through such phase ain't really easy especially when you are reserved like myself.
I apologise for disturbing you guys but vanishing without giving feedbacks will be appalling.
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by eph12(m): 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
Stark7:
Yeah, my actions like not really putting my best towards excelling.
Losing confidence after some COs(my world shattered).
Trying to be average and not planning to hit those As aiming for C. Not to get noticed or what?
Aiming for C will likely give you a D,E or F.
Skipping classes and and not really caring about studying.
I spent so much time assisting people thinking at the expense of my studies. I purposely missed a test just to help someone collect his other from Jumia (who does that?).

I initiated my plight and I take responsibility.
I've got alot to type but I don't want to make it look like a tale so I'll create other threads later.
I apologise for the poor write-up, I just wanted to put something down

Beating yourself over what's happened won't change a thing. Pick yourself up, correct those mistakes, prioritise your goals or activities. One thing is clear though, no one is permitted to blame others for their own failures.

1 Like

Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Emmaesty(f): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2017
I'm happy that you left that terrible Cgpa, but you need to ask yourself this "What do I want to do in life?" Once you can answer that question, I'm sure the motivation to be better in your course will come.

Let me give you tips on how to pass with a minimum of 4.0 every semester.

1, Create an interest in your course. Without a genuine interest, you won't go very far

2, Write down your academic goals and view them daily. It's not enough to write down goals, but you must also look at them daily. The more you look at your goals, the more you subconsciously work towards them

3, Have SMART goals. Is it a 2.1 you want this semester? What particular gpa? 3.9? What do you want to have in PHE 101? B? is it attainable? You have to ask yourself these questions.

4, Move around with friends that share the same goals with you. Remember, iron sharpens iron

5, Read and practice daily. Know the way to the library

6, Attend lectures and ALWAYS sit in front. Remember to jot well

7, Get closer to God. Without him, success is vain

Meanwhile, Don't let anybody make you feel bad. It's your life and you are responsible for it. You have to make some tough decisions in order to succeed and you just did. I'm really proud and I know you are going places. Just keep it up with the "never give up" attitude dear and I assure you that in a few years from now, we will all read your success story.

Happy new year
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by wi5dom(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
pkele bro...the write ups sounded more like you are in uniben. well, helping people is not bad, but not following your dreams is a death trap. don't think about the past if you dont want its scar to scare away tomorrow. so pick yourself up and move
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 9:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Hey mods,
I mentioned some folks and I don't think they've gotten the notification.
Or I didn't tag them right?
I'd need assistance with it cos it's crucial.
Cc:
Fynestboi
Richiez
Olawalebabs
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2017
eph12:

Beating yourself over what's happened won't change a thing. Pick yourself up, correct those mistakes, prioritise your goals or activities. One thing is clear though, no one is permitted to blame others for their own failures.
Thanks sir.
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 10:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
Emmaesty:
I'm happy that you left that terrible Cgpa, but you need to ask yourself this "What do I want to do in life?" Once you can answer that question, I'm sure the motivation to be better in your course will come.

Let me give you tips on how to pass with a minimum of 4.0 every semester.

1, Create an interest in your course. Without a genuine interest, you won't go very far

2, Write down your academic goals and view them daily. It's not enough to write down goals, but you must also look at them daily. The more you look at your goals, the more you subconsciously work towards them

3, Have SMART goals. Is it a 2.1 you want this semester? What particular gpa? 3.9? What do you want to have in PHE 101? B? is it attainable? You have to ask yourself these questions.

4, Move around with friends that share the same goals with you. Remember, iron sharpens iron

5, Read and practice daily. Know the way to the library

6, Attend lectures and ALWAYS sit in front. Remember to jot well

7, Get closer to God. Without him, success is vain

Meanwhile, Don't let anybody make you feel bad. It's your life and you are responsible for it. You have to make some tough decisions in order to succeed and you just did. I'm really proud and I know you are going places. Just keep it up with the "never give up" attitude dear and I assure you that in a few years from now, we will all read your success story.

Happy new year
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate.
Though I haven't been that emotionally stable but I have to get on my feet and move on.
What's done is done, I can't reverse it.
Happy New Year
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
wi5dom:
pkele bro...the write ups sounded more like you are in uniben. well, helping people is not bad, but not following your dreams is a death trap. don't think about the past if you dont want its scar to scare away tomorrow. so pick yourself up and move
Not UNIBEN.
The past seems to always find its way bugging the hell out of me.
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by wi5dom(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2017
Stark7:

Not UNIBEN.
You don't need that bro. . .be like the eyes; looking forward is her main function.

2 Likes

Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by VERTEX1: 3:27am On Jan 05, 2017
Stark7:

Not UNIBEN.

TAKE IT EASY BRO, FROM THE VERY BEGINNING I SAW YOUR PREVIOUS POST I THOUGHT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ME. READ MY STORY IN YOUR NEW POST PHY AND HEALTH EDU
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by Stark7: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
wi5dom:

You don't need that bro. . .be like the eyes; looking forward is her main function.
Yup, thanks.
Re: An insight into my case(feedback) by wi5dom(m): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2017
Stark7:
Yup, thanks.
You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Group For University Student. / Top 5 Hardest University Courses / Breaking: WAEC Releases 2018 Ranking, 5 Eastern States Takes The Lead - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.