Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

My Case With Walden University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Case With Walden University (780 Views)

My Disciplinary Case With The University Of Ibadan / An insight into my case(feedback) / Walden University / Laureate Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Case With Walden University by pimper24: 10:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
I thought I had seen a place to run a PhD programme when I hurriedly filled the Walden University Form online and course advisers were everywhere on me, calling me every now and then to enroll in the next session. I then decided to give it a push. I registered and, thinking that I would be asked to run the hog of documentation that is normally rigorous for foreigners applying for US schools, I was told not to mind that I could do that on demand and in the course of lectures.
No demand was made for any fee as classes commenced immediately. I was inundated with video clips on which I would make contribution on the virtual classrooms. Then I was posted to the North East and unfortunately, the internet telecommunication facilities were vandalized same week. I would call the course adviser anytime I visited Abuja to narrate my plights, the answer would be "just manage to write something on the virtual classroom so that you will be represented" (I thought inside me, phd programme shocked). After few more days, I was told that I would be withdrawn on a certain date if nothing was coming from me. On that date, my account was slam shut.
Two months after, I got an email demanding certain amount as payment for the period I used the Walden University materials. The amount demanded was surprising. I told then there was no contract and they said I signed one. OK I then told them, same contract was frustrated by an act of war as the internet facilities were vandalized by insurgents. They said an international collection agent will recover the money for them. They have sprung into action so far and I am waiting for them in the local court.
Above all, I think Walden University is not telling people the truth about their on line programmes.
Re: My Case With Walden University by t4westlife(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2017
Have they prosecuted or taken any legal action against you.. I am in the same dilemma with you now.
Re: My Case With Walden University by pimper24: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2018
t4westlife:
Have they prosecuted or taken any legal action against you.. I am in the same dilemma with you now.

None, they have no case
Re: My Case With Walden University by Youwin1(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2019
Hello fellow nairalanders, I am having this challenge also. They've resulted to threats, saying I should make a payment arrangement and agreement with them. So far, they've been really on my neck. Please, what's the state from your side?
More so, enrollment came before the registration process was completed, part of the conditions on the admission letter reads that my transcript must be forwarded to them within a stipulated time, which never happened.

(1) (Reply)

2017 Jamb Registration Guide And Procedure For All Candidates!!! / APPLY FOR 2017/2018 AGBAMI UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP HERE / Please Help, My Waec Age Was A Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.