Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (26400 Views)

Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / What Are The Three Most Vital Things To Take To Church Every Sunday? / What Is The Significance Of 40 In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by lifezone247(m): 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2016
In fact I'm in bar since, watching premier league games and still there watching Liverpool vs man city.
My wife just put a call through that I should make sure I'm home before 11pm so we can go to church for cross over night. Funny enough I don't go to church, in fact I did not attend single church service or programs throughout 2016.
Lalasticlala you dey go church so? Cos I knw say seun no dey go grin

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by yomi007k(m): 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
lifezone247:
In fact I'm in bar since, watching premier league games and still there watching Liverpool vs man city.
My wife just put a call through that I should make sure I'm home before 11pm so we can go to church for cross over night. Funny enough I don't go to church, in fact I did not attend single church service or programs throughout 2016.

tongue

9ja women sha.... Jus try honour her as she no dey bug u forsunday service.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by lifezone247(m): 7:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
yomi007k:

tongue

9ja women sha.... Jus try honour her as she no dey bug u forsunday service.
yea I will bro, but is it that important? Or necessary?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by yomi007k(m): 7:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
lifezone247:
yea I will bro, but is it that important? Or necessary?

Bros I can bet dt u attend church more dan I do. I no knw wetin dem dey do for dere.

I jus go based on rare invitations.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by lifezone247(m): 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2016
yomi007k:

Bros I can bet dt u attend church more dan I do. I no knw wetin dem dey do for dere.

I jus go based on rare invitations.
lols, bros I no dey attend at all o, the last I attended is like 4 years ago and that's same cross over night at winners.
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Deicide: 8:39pm On Dec 31, 2016
grin To pray to Yahweh for a Better "Year" For Nigeria to be better than the last funny Enough it doesn't Work!!!

Am still waiting for when Nigerians would really realize that no God would come from up and start fixing your country for you... Its left to us jare...

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by ddippset(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
Somehow I just don't like that phrase 'cross over night'. It sounds weird to me. Its cool to go for mass or church service and stay till 12:01am on January 1st, but just don't call it cross over or whatever. For me every night of my life is a cross over night. I attend mass 7pm to 10pm on dec 31st and then 8am to 10am on January 1st. Very okay with me.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by iyzeek(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by hok4u(f): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
No significance jawe,all this pastor just dey scam us to make more money.Why can't they give us prayer points and encourage us to pray at home. . .

In other news my street carnival will start after the cross over, you are cordially invited.

Venue: Ishadare Street,Mushin, Lagos State of Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by ALAYORMII: 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
People go to Church for different reasons

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by meeky007(m): 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
Deicide:
grin To pray to Yahweh for a Better "Year" For Nigeria better than the last funny Enough it doesn't Work!!!

Am still waiting for when Nigerians would really realize that no God would come from up and start fixing your country for you... Its left to us jare...
IF U NO WAN PRAY NO WAHALA WE GO STILL PRAY 4 U BUT 4 UR MIND TAKE NOTE SAY...

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by hucienda: 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
Many africans are more or less, over-religious.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Odunharry(m): 11:28pm On Dec 31, 2016
cheesy show some love. .
Happy New Year to you all

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Bisjosh(f): 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
Thats the wacked mentality of Nigerians

Overly religious but morally decayed

Even some people havent gone to church throughout this year....but would go to watch night.... for what exactly? Smh

Im going to pray at the comfort of my home.

2017 is tomorrow like another day.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
Africans are just too religious. Infact, religion is over rated in africa. My mum and siblings have gone to church, Dad and step siblings are in the sitting room praying and singing at the expense of my own peace because they are just disturbing me. Jan 1st is like every other day to me.

Meanwhile, I will just enjoy their meat and foods tomorrow.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by tintingz(m): 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
No significant.

Tomorrow (next year) is just a normal day like every other day, I wonder why people stress themselves praying for new things, new life in cross over night when you can do that everyday by working to improve your daily life.

We will start hearing "new year new me".

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Deeypeey(m): 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
....meanwhile

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by famousbowale: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
A

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by ionsman: 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
Me no know o.... My own significance is, I don catch one fine babe... Girls no dey use eye see fine boys.. .

Signs of many cwent for 2017.. . Marriage should chill small.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by otemanuduno: 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
I'm here in my room, thinking of what to do in 2017 to make it better than 2016. Some are there making noise inside my ears because a church is just opposite my door. Well, time shall tell sha.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by shammah1(m): 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
It's for thanksgiving, expectancy, & to cross over with God. There's no better way to switch to a New Year than with our creator. smiley Happy New Year family and friends.

Sammy Gyang

13 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Adeoba10(m): 11:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
Mumu ish

1 Like

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by xynerise: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
Make e no be like say our family no sabi God na grin

Well, my family and I cross over in the sitting room.
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by nellybadas: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
smiley
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
In ancient Roman religion and mythology, Janus is the god of beginnings and transitions, thence also of gates, doors, doorways, endings and time. He is usually a two-faced god since he looks to the future and the past. The Romans dedicated the month of January to Janus. His most apparent remnant in modern culture is his namesake, the month of January.
http://www.crystalinks.com/janus.html

Christians go to church every 31st December to give special thanks to Janus - January was named after him - for taking them to the next year.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by Deeypeey(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
famousbowale:
A
is ds ur handiwork bro?....
Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by goingape: 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
lifezone247:
just to waste your time there!

nothing much

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by claremont(m): 11:31pm On Dec 31, 2016
There are 2 evils holding Nigeria back, they are religion and corruption. These 2 evils are not mutually exclusive, one breeds the other i.e. everywhere you see one of them, if you look carefully, the other is hiding somewhere close.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by cornel994(m): 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
Atheist fud is ready o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? by 3RNEST(m): 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
David Quote Psalm 122..then u will know why its neccesary to be in church on December 31st..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"? / Who Is Your Favorite Man Of God? / Omotosho Tope 2019 Prophecies: 'A Governor Will Die After Few Months In Office'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.