Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori (805 Views)

APC Senators Insist Saraki, Dogara Must Step Down / Return The $600,000 You Collected From James Ibori - Jibrin Blast Dogara / UK Government Demands £18m From Ibori (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by themomentng: 8:19pm On Dec 31, 2016
Abdulmumin Jibrin, suspended member of the House of Representatives, has told Yakubu Dogara, the speaker, to return the $600,000 he collected from James Ibori since he has denied the former Delta state governor.
On December 23, Dogara had denied claims by Peter Nwabaoshi, a senator, that the former governor influenced his emergence as speaker in June 2015.
But in a statement on Saturday, Jibrin said the sum allegedly collected by Dogara was used in his campaign.
He said Ibori also provided “huge support” to Dogara by mobilising legislators from Delta state, the south south and south east zone to support him.
“It is such a shame that Speaker Dogara denied the fact that former governor James Ibori provided huge support to his emergence as speaker by mobilising members from Delta state and some from the south south and south east zone to support him,” the statement read.
“Since he has disowned Ibori, he should at least have the honour to return the $600,000 Ibori donated to his speakership campaign. I am sure he cannot deny the fact that he collected that money cash.”
Jibrin said that he had secured funding from two reputable international organisations “to establish an online platform that will serve as a central point to disseminate budget fraud, corruption acts and publish evidence.”
He also stated that he would hold series of public lectures and sensitisation programmes on budget fraud and corruption across the country.
“Our first event will hold in Kano on 9th January 2017 with 5000 youths across the country in attendance. Our anti-corruption crusade with be ruthless in 2017,” he said.
“I remain very proud that despite the organised witch-hunt against me using the institution of the house they have not been able to establish any offence that I have committed during the course of discharging my duties in the 5 years I have spent in the house.
“It is noteworthy that no member of the house has formally accused me of corruption or abuse of office as I have consistently done against the speaker and others.”
When contacted, Dogara’s spokesman responded with the same words he used on December 23, saying: “Rt Hon Yakubu Dogara does not have a relationship, political or otherwise with former Governor James Ibori of Delta state to warrant the insinuations.”

1 Like

Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by BlackDBagba: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
I hear
Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by yudee233: 8:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
The truth will surface one day
Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by Atiku2019: 9:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
Lemme Book Space cool
Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by theSpark(m): 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
Well we'll continue with this gist in 2017. Let's just take a break and thank God we've come this far.
Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by ufuosman(m): 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2016
The way this politicians take they call money they fear me. this men they see enof money for politics, make I no worry, them go gada the money for my sake.
Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by ettybaba(m): 10:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
Buhari is winning and dinning with corrupt politicians.
Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by Jokerman(m): 12:44am On Jan 01, 2017
Just to become speaker see the amount Dogara collected....

Only God knows how much Baba integrity collected from Amaechi....

1 Like

Re: Jibrin: Dogara Must Account For The $600,000 He Collected From Ibori by Boleyndynasty2(f): 1:51am On Jan 01, 2017
Imagine lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Between King Ademusiwa And The visit of Duke Of Edinburg to canada / Why Buhari Was Not Invited For Trump's Inauguration - Fayose / BREAKING: Magu, SGF Lawal Have Been Cleared Of Corruption — Buhari Writes Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.