Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. (825 Views)

Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? / A Forum For All Nigerian Students / How Do I Create A Forum On My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by Holumighty(m): 10:52am On Nov 20, 2009
What is the cost price of having a Forum, the database,renewal and so. I just a mini one.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by kolitos007: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2009
phpbb dot com its free just download and follow instruction to install as long as you have sorted out hosting you will be fine.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by stillfly(m): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2009
by now, i have spent N5700 for the forum i set up several days ago.
phpbb software, free
domain, N1700
hosting, N4000

exclusive the internet connection charge.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by yawatide(f): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
kolitos:

What if the guy either has no technical know-how or simply doesn't have the time? For example, I know for a fact, cos clients tell me so (granted some might be open eye grin) that many have bought books on building websites but never actually put one up.

If he has the money to spend, let him drop the dough. The economy gets a kick, that's all wink
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by kolitos007: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
right so poster if you need help PM and I would help you for free, just sort out your hosting and domain yourself thats all hehe
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by Holumighty(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2009
@kolitos007, pls drop ur numba and email addy 4 me.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by DualCore1: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2009
kolitos is soooo hired (for free) tongue
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by Holumighty(m): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2009
Pls, anybody with useful info should drop his/her contact
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by cmdimkpa(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2009
Hello,

I have a partner who designs/maintains online forums/bulletin boards like nairaland. Call me on 07030870839 for more information.

Cheers,

Mike.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by ngusha(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2009
i downloaded the phpbb, but it seems not to open after i unzipped it to a folder. i even went up to installing apache and php for it but still it will not open please can anyone help me out? i am desperate
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by hostmot(f): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2009
The cost price of having a forum = the cost price of webhosting

Every web hosting company worth its salt has some form of script in the control panel through which you can install smf or phpbb.

Its getting the forum known through adverts and seo that eats money.

About your phpbb problem. Download and install xampp or wampserver, put your extracted phpbb folder into the www folder and navigate to it on your web browser.

If you have more questions, feel free to post it here.

Olawunmi,
Hostmot Sales Rep., www.hostmot.com
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by kolitos007: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2009
Holumighty:

@kolitos007, pls drop your numba and email addy 4 me.

Sorry mate, this forum blocked me saying I was a spammer for some reason, so couldn't reply you back I can't give you my number cus I don't leave in nigeria, but you can email me kolitos007 at yahoo dot com, how ever I can help you install the forum for free, but you will have to sort out your hosting and domain name yourself, or perhaps we can chat, if you want me to sort out the domain and hosting for you, then you have to give me somethign back in return, may not be a money, but you will have let me know what you can offer to me in terms of maybe marketing and other aspects.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by DualCore1: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2009
kolitos007:

Sorry mate, this forum blocked me saying I was a spammer for some reason,
Oh no wonder! friggin spammist angry
Next time u spam, i kill you!

kolitos007:

then you have to give me somethign back in return, may not be a money, but you will have let me know what you can offer to me in terms of maybe marketing and other aspects.

K, before i could finish reading that, I ran back to the last post of Holumighty to see what gender was on the ID grin
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by kolitos007: 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2009
hehe Dual Core, only you will think like that, your mind must be really perverted, you had to turn something that simple into something else you know. Please poster I hope you are not thinking like Dual core, he can't help himself he just likes to piss take. When ever the post has chance we can talk, I have my own server at home, so I don't pay for hosting and a lot of things we can arrange, example i sort your forum for you, you advertise some websites for me simple, I ain't a pervert and to top it up Holumighty is a guy, which means dual core you are saying am gay, you better take it back now.
Re: What Is The Cost Price Of Having A Forum. by DualCore1: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2009

(1) (Reply)

Турнир по бильярду / Can Someone Tell Me The Best Way To Secure Your Site / How Do I Apply For Google Adsense? Please I Need Help:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.