Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,959 members, 7,828,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 - Business (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 (335086 Views)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (222) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by JLINE(m): 10:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Gbpaud now done with the bull move most probably...will sell and add it as Ga1

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by JLINE(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2017
JLINE:

GA1 OUT...remaining UJ1,GC1 AND EA1
EDIT : GC1 OUT...NOW: UJ1,EA AND A NEW SELL ON GJ1 and GC1 at MP.

UPDATE : UJ1,GC1,EA1 AND GJ1
UPDATE : UJ1,GC1,EA1,GJ1 AND GA1
looks like the moves has started... Will update later.
SHALOM
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by femora007(m): 10:57am On Apr 27, 2017
JLINE:

UPDATE : UJ1,GC1,EA1,GJ1 AND GA1
looks like the moves has started... Will update later.
SHALOM
well done
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by wickyyolo: 3:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
A Holy Grail is out there, People will discourage you that it doesn't exist, but never give up. Keep searching and you will find it.
If you give up, you will end up working for the 3% of people that never gave up. Never give up.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
priceaction:
An on gbpusd buy since yesterday until I see strong push down ,I won't close. It is an open trade, they are just hedging it. My instinct tells me they might push it up to break resistance of around.. 2850. I will keep watching.

GU done and dusted. worked out as predicted. now closed with over 70 pips.
Willing to make more moves, check eujpy for about 200pips at stake. I just entered at 121.121. Lets see how it plays its game. sl 50 pips
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by redcliff: 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
wickyyolo:
A Holy Grail is out there, People will discourage you that it doesn't exist, but never give up. Keep searching and you will find it.
If you give up, you will end up working for the 3% of people that never gave up. Never give up.

Lol. The big prize should be how someone can trade the french election on the friday before the sunday of the french election. I still have a big feeling LePen is winning!
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by wickyyolo: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
redcliff:

Lol. The big prize should be how someone can trade the french election on the friday before the sunday of the french election. I still have a big feeling LePen is winning!

I dont think Le Pen will win.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by redcliff: 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
wickyyolo:

I dont think Le Pen will win.

Anyway i am trying to develop a win win strategy for the 5th of may against the election on the 7th..i would drop my thoughts here when i am done.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by EmpowerNg(m): 4:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
Le pan is using trump campaign method but I don't think she will win because most French don't want frexit
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
redcliff:

Simple but has price to pay.
Just 10mins or few minutes before the market close on that Friday, just hedge your positions with stoploss of around 20-25 pips or less. That is buy and sell at the same time with tight stop loss , then leave your trade open without TP. Note that many brokers close 5 minutes earlier before the hour.
Pairs to watch accordingly: eurjpy, eurusd eurcad.
Trade with avoidable lots.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by redcliff: 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
priceaction:

Simple but has price to pay.
Just 10mins or few minutes before the market close on that Friday, just hedge your positions with stoploss of around 20-25 pips or less. That is buy and sell at the same time with tight stop loss , then leave your trade open without TP. Note that many brokers close 5 minutes earlier before the hour.
Pairs to watch accordingly: eurjpy, eurusd eurcad.
Trade with avoidable lots.

Lmao.. make una see am oooo... no idea is original truly. Person don already sabi the deal!
What kind of price to pay you talking of bro?
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
redcliff:

Lmao.. make una see am oooo... no idea is original truly. Person don already sabi the deal!
What kind of price to pay you talking of bro?
Lol.I mean price of loosing probably one of your stop losses. grin grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by EmpowerNg(m): 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
What if price jumps your stop loss, won't that result to more loss
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by redcliff: 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
EmpowerNg:
What if price jumps your stop loss, won't that result to more loss

I dont think price jumps prices. It merely passes thru. At the point where u placed ur stop.it must put you out there...
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by EmpowerNg(m): 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
But I read somewhere that gaps can jump over stop loss
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by redcliff: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
EmpowerNg:
But I read somewhere that gaps can jump over stop loss

Someone please shed more light on this
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by wuyexzy: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
ehhya.... i pity you and your trading cycle with this your ideas, those of you planning on leaving your trade thinking stoploss will save you. i want to tell that should the gap go against you. your account might be in soup. i've had first hand experience of this. well, so you can know the stoploss will just help you close in loss once the gap is against.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by wuyexzy: 6:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
seriously, i was laughing when i saw this idea. if you think you can play it without stoploss what will you do if the gap remains unfilled after a year.
there will be better opportunity after when the market open fa.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
The simple way is check the history of gaps, take time to note may be price jumps stoploss or not right from 1min chart of new weekday. Study like 5 past gaps. You can see it on daily chart easily, then move to 1min and see for yourself.
Hedging is used by fund managers and banks to trade only. Only if you know how to use it well.
The fact is that spike during red news and meetings when the market is well alive can jump SL more than weekend gaps. The way brokers can cheat you easily is widening spreads over weekend. If you hedge and your broker allows it, you likely make money, if you trade one way, you likely loose.

But expect your broker to reduce leverage at the eve of that election. Also trade with less lots to avoid stories.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by wuyexzy: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
oga price action. i can confidently tell you gaps can, do and will always jump stoploss should it occur. infact i have experienced such scenerio. but should anyone want to experience such should just use very small lot size.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by wuyexzy: 6:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
ok, got your message. i just read it again
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
wuyexzy:
oga price action. i can confidently tell you gaps can, do and will always jump stoploss should it occur. infact i have experienced such scenerio. but should anyone want to experience such should just use very small lot size.
We are still saying same thing. But some traders still make money in gaps. But trust me, this coming one will be stop loss hunting galore, that is why I said trade with small size, better still trade demo to see how it works.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by orfilla4(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
wuyexzy:
oga price action. i can confidently tell you gaps can, do and will always jump stoploss should it occur.
Agreed.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by orfilla4(m): 7:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
redcliff:

Someone please shed more light on this
Let's use the gap on GBP/JPY last Monday as an example.

Assuming you left a sell position on Friday and placed a stop loss just above the previous high (red line).

Then on Monday, there was a gap and the price opened at 141.870, your broker will then close your position in that price instead of your stop loss because it is where the price resumed. And you lost an additional 40 pips aside from your initial stop loss.

It is also similar to price slippage because your position wasn't closed on your desired price. smiley

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
orfilla4:

Let's use the gap on GBP/JPY last Monday as an example.

Assuming you left a sell position on Friday and placed a stop loss just above the previous high (red line).

Then on Monday, there was a gap and the price opened at 141.870, your broker will then close your position in that price instead of your stop loss because it is where the price resumed. And you lost an additional 40 pips aside from your initial stop loss.

It is also similar to price slippage because your position wasn't closed on your desired price. smiley

And what happened to vice versa
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by orfilla4(m): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
priceaction:

And what happened to vice versa
Let's say you left a buy position on Friday and then placed your TP at 140.470 (red line), on Monday you got amazed because your position was closed at 141.870 where the price resumed which is above your take profit, and you earned an additional 40 pips aside from your TP.

It is also similar to positive slippage because your position was closed at a much better price.

Edit: I think you already know it. You're just pretending that you don't know. Jeez
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
orfilla4:

Let's say you left a buy position on Friday and then placed your TP at 140.470 (red line), on Monday you got amazed because your position was closed at 141.870 where the price resumed which is above your take profit, and you earned an additional 40 pips aside from your TP.

It is also similar to positive slippage because your position was closed at a much better price.

Edit: I think you already know it. You're just pretending that you don't know. Jeez

grin grin. I am just pushing you na. That is just what I was explaining about hedging if done right. But you know brokers can be funny. Widening spread up to 50pips, you are sunk ,lol. Wicked people grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by orfilla4(m): 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
priceaction:

grin grin. I am just pushing you na. That is just what I was explaining about hedging if done right. But you know brokers can be funny. Widening spread up to 50pips, you are sunk ,lol. Wicked people grin
Oh, I forgot to consider the wider spread during market open.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by JLINE(m): 7:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
I wouldn't advise you play boss with your broker...they will gladly humble you.
Lost some pips today(120) ...uj and gj only one running.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by orfilla4(m): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
JLINE:

Lost some pips today(120) ...uj and gj only one running.
Losing is part of the game wink

Looks like the uptrend is really strong.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by JLINE(m): 8:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
orfilla4:
Losing is part of the game wink

Looks like the uptrend is really strong.
Sure and it was nothing really cos it was like 0.8% of my last profit (not my previous account or profits).
I am just worried I wasn't patient to follow my trade pattern unlike me, broke all rules and laws trying to catch the top.
The uptrend is almost or already exhausted... I will drop best entry with norm in the coming days.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade Alerts Season 17 by redsox11: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
JLINE:

Good inspiration but bolded is arguable or better still wrong. Point to me 5 traders who do this every 24hours and I will show you 50 traders who traded consistently over a long time and made millions.
This mindset kills or not very advisable for anyone and I believe whoever did that got lucky and now is bragging about it.

EDIT: 52 trades within 24hours,bros that's a robot na or its more than 24hours as claimed.

It's actually manual trading, not some bots. Of course you can have EA to manage you trades, after entering manually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (222)

Forex Trade Alerts: Season 19 / Football(+) Betting Season 6 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.