Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Watchman - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Watchman (1584 Views)

Watchman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watchman by illicit(m): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2017
For my daintyprincess
Hard to forget you
This morning around five a.m before the muezzin next street started wailing and summoning faithfuls, he heard a noise coming from the next compound, it was the voice of a man and it suggested agony. He called the police and they advised that he not venture out of the compound unharmed but he had tucked a revolver under his pyjamas and out of the gate by then, pinning his phone to his ear. When the conversation ended, he crawled out of his cubicle.
On the street there was a car idling, he could hear it but not see it, he genuflected and hid behind a barrel. For all his bravado he could be a sitting duck. One thing is when you spend a lot of time in the dark your sight gets adjusted so whoever was in the idling car could have seen him, from the sound he knew the car was nearby, he had to find a way to circumvent it, the police said they would send a patrol unit but that wouldnt be them, the police dont know how to be incospicous, just then he heard somebody in stilletos walk out of the next compound, the place where the noise emanated from but the noise had subsided totally, just some dogs barking some houses away. Who wears stilletos at 5am anyway? Not even prostitutes, they carry a pair of everything. He made a mental note. As the stilletoed person got on the street, the idling car revved but because the speed of light travels lightly and faster than that of sound the light from the headlamp came on before the sound of the engine, from the light he knew what they were up to, from the sound of the car he deduced that the car was a Benz G wagon and so the occupants must not stay on the street.....

2 Likes

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 8:55am On Jan 01, 2017
i posted the story twice because the ntwk was bad, mod obinnau pls delete the other one
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 10:04am On Jan 01, 2017
First of all, nobody uses a G wagon on the street. They must be strangers and there for a reason. As the light from the headlamp showered the lady in stilletoes, she stood motionless and appeared tharned like John Grisham would describe, she dropped the plastic bag she carried and attempted to run despite her heels, two people emerged from the car, the watchman could hear the doors open and hear the footsteps, he took out his gun and switched off his phone then pocketed it. The people from the car caught up with the girl and they dragged her towards the benz, no word was uttered, the dogs had stopped barking and no other person was on the street, he wondered what had happened to the man, the 'victim' that screamed earlier.
They dragged the lady into the car and drove away slowly. The watchman proceeded from his hideout and entered the victims compound, he went to the generator shed and noticed a torch at the entrance, it was carefully placed there, he pocketed it and touched the gen, it was hot. Then he proceeded carefully to the windows, starting from the kitchen, it was still dark but he could hear nothing from all the rooms, the perimeter wasnt breached only the gate that was left open by the lady in stilleto apparently.
He entered the living room, the door was ajar but then NEPA restored the light, he ran for cover behind the couch and pointed his gun around.... After some minutes he ventured to peep around him, a man was was sprawled on the tiled floor, face down with a knife stucked in his back and buck naked. There was no sign of struggle, there were wine flutes on the table for three people, unused but there was an almost empty bottle of chardonay as well, all the electrical appliances were off except the bulbs. In the two bedrooms the beds were not slept in, the bathrooms were dry, all the clothes were arranged in the wardrobe or hung, there was no luggage or travel pack, he couldnt find the naked dead mans cloth. Everything in the house was feminine which wasnt a surprise as the known occupant of the house was a woman. The watchman treaded with caution and went back to the sitting room, he lifted the face of the dead man and saw that it wasnt recognisable, he smelled the mans mouth and there was no trace of alcohol.
He sighed and went outside with the intention of possesing the plastic bag the stilleto lady dropped, the day was still pretty young but the street was well lit. Unfortunately was no plastic bag, what he found was....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2017
Evestar200 Divepen1 Nikkybrainz classysupanova Jummyjagz KlaireKlement mercielizzie AijaiI Sunxylove Janeify owolawitola Omavik ChubbyT MZdamola chibarbie Twaci blueheart daintyprincess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2017
What he found at the gate was nothing, the pack the lady dropped had grown wings. He didn't think it was the people in the Benz or the kidnapped girl that took it. He went back to the generator shed because he was wondering who made the switch from Gen to Nepa and then turned of the Gen, the Gen was Yamaha and uses ignition. He was still in the possession of the torch he picked there earlier he walked gingerly to the shed which was built very near the house, it was possible that someone could use the shed as a step to reach the ceiling, he looked up and saw that a tile has been removed from the ceiling but he dare not go in notwithstanding the fact that he had a gun.
Someone must have accessed the flat through the ceiling and for the fact that the lady's pack had disappeared, that same person must have possessed it and disappeared too. The suspect or suspects couldn't have returned to hide in the ceiling if not the ceiling would have been re-covered. The suspect or suspects couldn't have gone far and he suddenly felt more cautious, there was siren wailing in the distance and closing in,the dogs resumed barking and the muezzin was calling for Iqamat now. The sky was getting clearer and you could see the lines on your palm.
He didn't use the gate this time, he simply scaled the fence to his own compound, from where he proceeded to the gate and stood outside it waiting for the cops........
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 10:18am On Mar 28, 2017
When the patrol vehicle arrived, the guard was still at his gate, the compound he guarded was housing a 3 bedroom bungalow owned by a Late woman. The house was furnished but unoccupied, he had his shed behind the gate, there were no bushes or flowers in the compound just like the adjacents'. No dogs either.
It was a battered landcruiser, If the Jeep had eyes, it had seen better days. A man in beards and mufti alighted, holding a pistol as he introduced himself as Inspector Kola, he gestured to the man behind the wheels and intoduced him as Corporal Wale. The Inspector was holding a pistol and wearing a flak jacket, the corporal stood near the car and looked around. The siren was still wailing, the mosque and the dogs were quiet.
Good morning, he continued, his eyes were red and his voice husky, sounded like someone who had kept vigil.
Morning,Sir. The guard replied and stiffened. The officer nodded and pointed with his gun towards the jeep.
You called the police?
Yah, I heard a cry earlier from this compound, he pointed to the next compound but the cop did not turn to look, he seemed to narrow his eyes then blinked, he was pointing his gun at the floor now.
What kind of noise? The cop asked.
A man in pain but I hear no other voices.
Did you go in?
He shook his head.
Did you hear dogs?
Yes but no dogs on this street. Maybe from the next street. They bark every morning though when they hear the muezzin from the mosque crying.
Ok.
What kind of house is inside the compound and who stays there?
Never been inside but I know a woman used to stay there.
Ok. Whats ur name.
The guard told him.
Are you new here?
Three months.
Did you hear anybody go in yesterday or night?
No.
When did you go in?
Didnt. I called you while a lady walked out of there.
Didnt you stop her? the cop was moving towards the house now, gun pointed, the guard followed and explained that he dont have to. He was expecting the cops anyway and if they had been on time they would have met her. He didnt tell them about the Benz G wagon that was on the street and the missing pack.
At the gate. The cop motioned to his deputy to stay with the guard and take his statement, he was in and out of the house in 10 minutes and was still carrying his gun in his right hand and a pack in his left, the pack was very similar to the one he saw the kidnapped lady dropped earlier. He looked at his watch, lets say about 2 hours ago, the time was aproaching 7am.
Whats in there? He asked as the officer returns to the jeep and the corporal was on the phone calling their station for photographer.... The officer stopped the siren.
Evidence, the officer replied.
The guard shrugged and wonder why the police wasnt asking much questions.
Then as if the officer was eavesdropping on his thoughts, he suddenly asked,why are you the only watchman on an almost empty street?
Well, this house needs a guard.
What do you think the lady stole in there? The cop asked.
I dont know who she is, I dont know if she stole. He replied looking the officer in the beard.
Do you carry a weapon?
Yes officer, I have a Rifle and a pistol, company issued.
What company?
Horsemen securities, Beside Allen.
Ok. The cop quipped.
Were you issued a knife?
Yeah, But I dont carry it.
Such a bad job she did in there, seems with weapon of choice. What do you think?
I think you need to ask me to give you her description so you can start looking for her and bring her in for questioning, the guard replied looking at the officers shoulder.
I think you can do better than that, you can give us her house address, she is ya friend, see? You let her go. He said and was smiling at his corporal who was getting behind the wheel now, he nodded and grunted "Sure" and kept a straightface as he settled in the seat.
My job is to guard that house, he pointed to his compound.
Anybody comes to your house? The corporal asked.
No, the owner is late but the heir apparent is in spain and will be coming home for christmas.
What about this? The corporal pointed to the adjacent compound.
I see a woman there couple of times when I just got here.
Whats her name? The corporal asked producing his notepad from his breast pocket and plucked his pencil where it was tucked behind his ear. He looked like a dwarf bodybuilder. The officer looked like his dad.
One Mrs Caroline.
What about her husband?
I dont know, But she was always wearing casts.
She could have travelled.
Hopefully.
What of those other houses?
The owners dont stay there, only some maintenance people coming around once in a while, its always a lonely street.
No guards?
Yes just me and my compound.
What do you do before you were a guard?
Nothing I was jobless.
Did you learn a trade? Now the police officer and the policeman were questioning him interchangeably.
No... I was in school.
You lived in this city?
Yes, born and bred.
The officer produced a cigarrete pack, removed one, offered the pack to his subordinate, who picked one and tucked it behind his ear. Then he offered the pack to the guard who was sitting on a pavement near the jeep now, the doors were open, the officer was standing right in front of him, the corporal was in the car, the officer was still holding his gun. He refused the cigarretes and explained he dont smoke...
Can I see your knife? The officer asked quickly while staring him fully in the face.
Yes. At the company, I dont book for it every weekend.
Weird. The corporal grunted.
Well... You dont think you need one? Well something happened inside there. He pointed to the victims compound. Say, suppose somebody grabbed you from behind and you couldnt draw a gun? If you did what if you shoot yourself. What will you do in such case?
Well, If someone was that close, I could stab myself too or the assailant could stab me with my own dagger. Said the guard.
Well, the "someone" might be armed and not need your dagger unless maybe the victim was naked perhaps in their bed. The officer replied.
People in their bed dont grab people from behind, officer, except its rape or schizophrenia. The guard said.
Ok. Thats good. Rape. You think thats why she left hurriedly?
Who left?
Your girlfriend, perhaps it was her voice you heard screaming. Maybe someone wants to rape her. As the officer said this slowly he was watching the face of the guard intently, the sun was coming out in the sky behind his shoulders and he was smoking another cigarrete.
Well am sure it was a mans voice, and please I dont know the girl.
But you know her voice, you are damn sure it wasnt the girl that sreamed. Well I think its the girl, maybe somebody wants to have a good piece of her but her friend came by to help with a dagger. The officer explained slowly and gesticulated a lot.
I dont know about that. Look I got to get back to my post. He stood slowly and wiped the seat of his trousers mechanically, he felt like having coffee but he thought someone was hiding in the neighbourhood and the police he was talking to doesnt seem to know much.
He offered his hand to the officer who shied away then asked, "You the only Wathcman on this street, It must be boring"
Well, I think I will get a dog.
Good.
The officer produced two cigarretes from the pack and offered him one again, he refused but noticed this time that the brand was Aspen. Rare.
What did you study?
Sociology. He replied and there was a glint and note of surprise plastered on the face of the cops, the corporal broke a sigh.
Where?
YUNI.
What set?
2005. He said and walked towards his house.
Ok. Be back later, you can look around if you see any body wandering, let us know, some cops will arrive soon, do give them the desciption of the lady. The officer called after him.
Alright Inspector, he said silently.
It was 7.30 am as the jeep drove away, this time the siren was muted.

1 Like

Re: Watchman by daintyprincess(f): 3:16pm On May 01, 2017
hi, longest time mention me when you update

1 Like

Re: Watchman by ashatoda: 5:51pm On May 01, 2017
I hope you are ready to finish the story cos the intro is tantalizing enough

1 Like

Re: Watchman by Evestar200(f): 5:57pm On May 01, 2017
Am here grin

1 Like

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 3:16pm On May 09, 2017
thanks to you, I actually needed the encouragement, next update coming soon
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 11:17pm On May 19, 2017
update loading...
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 10:59am On May 20, 2017
He was looking in the drainage just beside where the G wagon had parked and simultaneously calling the office, the colonel was immediately at the other end like he had been expecting the call.
Hello Kamal.
Attention sir!
At ease... A chief inspector was here earlier.
Yes sir. He went on to narrate what happened, everything.
Did you get the number on the G wagon?
No plates.
How about the area?
Yes sir I am on the spot presently. I will let you know what I find. He dropped the call.
He found what looked like a receipt in the gutter, and another. Thank god it hadn't rained. He picked the two papers. One was a receipt from shop rite for a bottle of wine and a torch. The date on it was the previous day and the time was 7pm. Interesting. Inside the house he had found an almost empty bottle of white chardonnay. He had picked a torchlight from the generator shed just somewhere behind the fence behind him. Interesting. The other piece of paper was a used airtime voucher. It was vodafone network. He pocketed the two papers.
He turned his back and approached the fence of Miss Caroline's house. Through the hole in the fence design he could see the generator shed, when he looked in the drainage about there where he stood, he found cigarette stubs, a lot of it. He picked one and discovered the brand was aspen. However some of the stubs were stained with purple lipstick. It means two or more people had stood around there and smoked and discussed or wait. A lady was present at least. The smokers might even be on other sides of the fence. Maybe that's before or after the wagon arrived, or when it did. Mystery.
Mystery, yes, he wondered where was he all that time, he doesn't stay on the street all the time but too many people's arrival seemed to have escaped his notice in a short while, that was dangerous on a lonely street.
If the car had been manual drive he would have sworn that it wasn't driven down the street but pushed because he wondered how the sound could have eluded him....
Then the police was asking of his knife, he doesn't carry it, it wasn't even the type that was stuck on the back of the victim. The killer had used a weapon of convenience, it was a kitchen knife. When he was in the kitchen, he noticed that such knife was missing from the rack. The ceiling in the kitchen didn't appear to have been tampered with though. Maybe the knife was just there in the sitting room but that raises a question, did the killer and the victim arrived together? Was either of them the first to arrive? Then there was the torch. Well the man is dead in there and can't be queried. The man was dead quite right, but was still fresh when the guard entered earlier, the blood was just pooling, now rigor mortis must be setting in. The police ought to return now and take it away and checked the other houses maybe someone was lurking behind a door or trash can. He doesn't have the time and the right to do that.
The police must have contacted the real estate agents in charge of the building and probably the whole lot on the street, anyway. If they feel concerned about the development they ought to come investigate and maybe install a guard in their property. The owners are either dead or abroad or sick, sometimes both. The street is only busy once in a year, and that's around Christmas. He started working three months ago just around Christmas.
Some of the houses are overgrown with weed, or Bahama grass in some cases. The street was a close, it ended in an old park now utilized as a guerrilla garden, but the gardener only come on Sundays.
There was a house that doves or pigeons had colonized... However deserted the street was most time of the year, criminals hardly venture in, because just about the corner on the main street leading to the gate, an armor tank was stationed and police patrols the main street frequently, well if that wasn't enough, something else must have kept thieves and vandals at bay...
As he wondered, he could hear and see the battered Police land cruiser galloping down the street towards him....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 11:06am On May 20, 2017
Evestar200 Divepen1 Nikkybrainz classysupanova Jummyjagz KlaireKlement mercielizzie AijaiI Sunxylove Janeify owolawitola Omavik ChubbyT MZdamola chibarbie Twaci daintyprincess blueheart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watchman by Mc6xty(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2017
anywhere u dey go i go dey follow follow you. nice update u gat here

1 Like

Re: Watchman by Frankenstein: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Illicit, this is really good. Not edited, but got me spellbound. C'mon, get back to work on this!

1 Like

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
ohhh thanks for the heads up, I will update ASAP
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 4:40pm On Aug 14, 2017
I will update when it gets 1000 views
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 6:10am On Aug 15, 2017
views views views
Re: Watchman by Frankenstein: 1:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
Update and then you will get more views.

Please take your time to add paragraphs. Put dialogue within quotation marks and attach dialogue tags.

This story is interesting but it would become a chore to read without the above.

1 Like

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 2:53pm On Oct 30, 2017
Frankenstein:
Update and then you will get more views.

Please take your time to add paragraphs. Put dialogue within quotation marks and attach dialogue tags.

This story is interesting but it would become a chore to read without the above.

Yes boss
update loading....
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
The battered landcruiser returned. It was still driven by the corporal that looked like a dwarf bodybuilder. His pencil and cigarrete stuck in each ear.

Kamal stood in front of his compound. His rifle loaded and slung on his shoulder like a cattle rearer. He was gazing at the vehicle nonchanantly. There were three policemen and a German shepherd in the backseat. A bespectacled officer was riding shotgun.
They all alighted except corporal Wale who was reclining his seat and lighting a cigarette.

The police - men and dog from the backseat merely looked at the guard as they entered the crime scene compound. The dog wasnt restrained. It was quite. Maybe it's mute - he snickered. Or maybe the dumbass cops overfed it. They wore gloves and one was carrying a video camera. Like seriously?.... He almost laughed.

The bespectacled officer stayed on the street and appeared to be surveying the adjacent compounds. Maybe he was searching for CCTV cameras. Kamal mused.

He was wearing a glock 16 in his hip holster and looked professional but uncertain.

Kamal kept his distance and eyes on the officer, occasionally spying the smoking corporal Wale.
The officer looked in the drainage and murmured to himself. He seemed to be measuring a footprint with his.... He picked a cigarrete stub and sniffed it before he pocketed it.
He looked at the utility poles on the street and down towards Kamals compound. That was when he appeared to see him for the first time. He nodded.

He must be myopic. Kamal thought mischievously.
The police dog started barking furiously and one of the policemen was either shouting it down or giving it orders. He heard them called it Sergeant Barwa.
The dogs from next street were barking at the top of their lungs too now if there was ever anything like that.....
It was then that Kamal guessed that they must be Alsatians too. Maybe three or four....

1 Like

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 5:50am On Dec 15, 2017
Ok. ok. ok
update loading. I almost forgot to.....
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 5:57am On Dec 15, 2017
The battered landcruiser returned. It was still driven by the corporal that looked like a dwarf bodybuilder. His pencil and cigarrete stuck in each ear.

Kamal stood in front of his compound. His rifle loaded and slung on his shoulder like a cattle rearer. He was gazing at the vehicle nonchanantly. There were three policemen and a German shepherd in the backseat. A bespectacled officer was riding shotgun.
They all alighted except corporal Wale who was reclining his seat and lighting a cigarette.

The police - men and dog from the backseat merely looked at the guard as they entered the crime scene compound. The dog wasnt restrained. It was quite. Maybe it's mute - he snickered. Or maybe the dumbass cops overfed it. They wore gloves and one was carrying a video camera. Like seriously?.... He almost laughed.

The bespectacled officer stayed on the street and appeared to be surveying the adjacent compounds. Maybe he was searching for CCTV cameras. Kamal mused.

He was wearing a glock 16 in his hip holster and looked professional but uncertain.

Kamal kept his distance and eyes on the officer, occasionally spying the smoking corporal Wale.
The officer looked in the drainage and murmured to himself. He seemed to be measuring a footprint with his.... He picked a cigarrete stub and sniffed it before he pocketed it.
He looked at the utility poles on the street and down towards Kamals compound. That was when he appeared to see him for the first time. He nodded.

He must be myopic. Kamal thought mischievously.
The police dog started barking furiously and one of the policemen was either shouting it down or giving it orders. He heard them called it Sergeant Barwa.
The dogs from next street were barking at the top of their lungs too now if there was ever anything like that.....
It was then that Kamal guessed that they must be Alsatians too. Maybe three or four....

Frankenstein
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 5:59am On Dec 15, 2017
The dogs were surely communicating. The bespectacled cop stopped by the landcruiser and was talking with Corporal Wale in silent tones. He seemed to be passing instructions.
Kamal watched with the corner of his eye. He had made a mental note not to approach them until he was required to do so. He wasnt even a witness to the actual crime. He had only heard a voice which could have even come from anywhere actually. A lawyer ca play that card in court. He knows.
The actual "crime" he witnessed was not reported to the cops, that is the abduction of the girl.
Maybe it wasnt a crime. The abductors maybe law enforcement too. Perhaps DSS or NDLEA. They werent uniformed. They might be detectives. The benz they came and left in had no plates. He sighed.
The evidences he got were in his pocket except the torch which he left inside. He does not think an intruder is still in the neighbourhood anymore as it makes no sense. All this while as he was ruminating he was looking at the sky. The sun was east. A kite was floating lazily. The dogs still barked.

The gate of the crime scene opened. Two cops carried the corpse out, it was wrapped in bedsheet. The one with video camera trailed behind with the dog. Corporal wale alighted and opened the booth they put the corpse in, he was a small man anyway.

The officer was looking at Kamal as this was going on. Then he casually strolled towards him. Kamal kept a straight face and whistled children rhymes. He still carried his gun on his shoulder.
Sergeant Barwa was on the officers heel.
Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 6:26am On Dec 15, 2017
They put the dead man in the trunk. Someone whistled to the dog and then they struggled to put it in the vehicle as it wasnt leashed. It wanted to sniff around or maybe piss. Whatever. It started wailing. Corporal Wale was easing himself on one of the landcruisers rear wheels as the scene unfolds. He was whistling too. They eventually got the dog in and the window was wind down. The cop carrying a camera asked the other two what the time was. It was the bespectacled Inspector that answered. "Almost noon".
He didnt check his watch.
"Oga no time". The Camera cop replied.
The bespectacled cop nodded and whistled towards Kamal.
" Hey Guard! Whats your time? "
"I dont wear a watch but the last time I checked it was around ten"- Kamal
"Did you have somewhere to go or a call to make?" - The inspector.
"When?"
"When you checked your watch?"The Inspector said and gesticulated accordingly.
"It was a clock. I dont wear a watch. And my agenda is my business. Inspector......Rutherford?" Kamal was looking at the name tag on his breast pockect and wondered what an awkward noun it was.
"My pleasure, So I heard you called the cops this morning, you heard a noise and saw a girl leave, well I picked this up around the gutter there"- The inspector was saying and pointed to the direction after removing a wristwatch from his pocket which he now dangled before Kamal.
Kamal was emotionless.
The Inspector continued "Ofcourse you can see its a golden wristwatch but its broken too. Stopped on some few minutes past ten. I guess this morning. Around the time you were checking your time."....
" Yeah yeah yeah. I was checking my clock around then which means I was inside. I didnt see anybody drop a thing. About why I called earlier. The Inspector who came earlier said you guys will come and take my statement. You can cut the chase and lets get down to that ok?" Kamal Interrupted and looked straight in the Inspectors eyes.
The inspector must be fresh out of the Academy. Kamal thought. Lucky guy. Cadet Inspector. He couldn't be more than thirty two.....
"Hmmmm. I like to see your clock" The inspector said as he pocketed the gold watch.
"No problem, I will just have to search you first".....
The Inspector laughed heartily but just then a convertible entered the street and was gunning heavily down the street. There was a driver and a passenger. The passenger was carrying an automatic rifle and was operating it furiously. He fired the landcruiser so much that as the slugs entered it, it sounded like rain on zinc. The dog yelped and jumped through the window then it hustled down the street towards the guerilla garden. The camera cop wasnt too lucky and one of the other two cops. They fell instantly. Corporal wale fell in the drainage as he tried to get something from his seat. The third cop fled after the dog. He was shouting "my head, my mothers head..... my head"....

Kamal unslung his rifle and prostrated very quickly as the inspector too crouched and unslung his pistol. A semi automatic.
Kamal cocked and opened fire briskly. He got the rear wheel of the convertible at once, he shot the engine too. It exploded but the car had already stopped then and the occupants crouched behind it.

Inspector Rutherford rolled into the drainage and took cover just behind the culvert. Kamal fired under the vehicle as the inspector was trying to flank the attackers.....
They were engaged and returning fire for fire. The driver was firing a revolver. When he fired eight shots he was out of ammunition but the guy with the Kalash Nikov kept firing but the way he fires implies that he wasnt trained or he was just non challant.... he will exhaust his ammo too soon.... Kamal thought and fired his gun miserly.... he was a good shot.

He hnew he wasnt in the gunmans range so he was trying to rouse the attackers from behind their cover and take a perfect snipe when they rise to flee.
They couldnt possibly leave in the convertible now.
When they rose to flee, he shot one in the occipult. Rutherford got the other in the spine....
Corporal Wale was dead.

As Kamal was handling his rifle and asking the inspector if he was ok the third cop was returning. The inspector took aim at him and shot him thrice while walking towards him to make sure he was dead before Kamal realised what was happening he had turned to face him.

"Drop your weapon" Rutherford shouted.
Kamal hesitated then said "Well why not shoot me right away. So I cant say anything. I dont have to drop my weapon. You already got me. Just do it but let me die holding steel."
"Look this is not about you and I wasnt going to shoot you so dont shoot me ok. Those guys....... He pointed to the dead cops. " They werent police but they work for Nigerian Police. Dont mind the uniform.

"The dog?" Kamal asked after some tense seconds.
"Not police. It belongs to a victim"
"What victim?"
Rutherford didnt answer the question.
"Lets get out of here now"

"No, am calling my office, moreso you should radio it in to your office.... Do I have to teach you your job? You shot two men. One was your buddy. One was a suspect. And you dont have to shoot me? Well I expect those guys with the armour tank at the junction should be here about now. Are you gonna shoot them too?" Kamal lamented.

"They won't come. They are Anti terrorists. I am from Relations. They know why this is happening and they won't interfere....."
Rutherford was saying as he hosltered his gun after he had reloaded it. Kamal pointed his rifle to him but he didnt seem to mind.
He was so sure of himself.

"Why do you want me to run then. The last I know, you were here on an investgation. Your cronies are dead. Ok. Occupational hazard. Then why dont you stay on the job as this seems part of your investigation? Why do you wanna run if nobody is coming? Put up your hands. Or I gun you down".

" Dont be funny, you know.... why we have to run now is because we have to find the victim, that is the one who owns this wristwatch. He patted his pocket. Moreso because you are public enemy now. You have seen more than what you to.... Look come with me its your only chance to see the sunset I swear.... "

"What victim? I only saw you kill an armed suspect and murdered a "cop" or your mechanic, whatever you call him, you are the fugitive here. I will turn you in."

"Listen. Listen, the girl you saw this morning. She owns this watch.... And that dog.... (The dog was limping towards them. There was blood on its left paw).... and this car." Rutherford pointed to the convertible....

daintyprincess
ashatoda
Evestar200
Divepen1
Nikkybrainz
classysupanova
Jummyjagz
KlaireKlement
mercielizzie
AijaiI
Sunxylove
Janeify
owolawitola
Omavik
ChubbyT
MZdamola
chibarbie
Twaci
blueheart
Frankenstein
mc6xty
missnande
cbella
isyomah
debbietiyan
skarlett
kusibe77
queendaisy
twaci
Lblessing

1 Like

Re: Watchman by Frankenstein: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2017
Fantastic, illicit. I didn't see that coming.
More please.

1 Like

Re: Watchman by illicit(m): 1:39am On Jun 05, 2018
More....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Lady (A Thrilling Story By Kimcutie) / My First Bet9ja Virtual Experience / 'The Lady Next My Door'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.