Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime (1018 Views)

OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On / 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by destineguy(m): 11:35am On Jan 01, 2017
Dear Nairaland,

My name is Adebayo and I am writing to reveal some truth to you and hoping it meets your good judgement to be announced in good faith, so that we can be paid our monies.

The journey began in April 2013(See attached) when about 10 top students each of the sciences and engineering department were given free PINS to apply for the Petroleum Trust Development Fund scholarship. I had just finished my 100 level with a CGPA that ensured that I was one of the invitees. We waited all through the year to hear back from them,but none came. We attributed it to the 6 months long ASUU strike that occurred that year.

In April 2014,we were asked to resend our documents which we did and by October of same year,we wrote the examination. By March 2015,results were out and I was shortlisted alongside 15 other students (attached).

On june 29,2015, a representative of PTDF came to my school (OAU) and delivered laptops to us as part of the award gifts. He left with our details and promised prompt payment of our fund which includes:

1) An amount of #250,000 annually to cover for accomodation,feeding,stipends etc.
2) Tution fee for each session as backed up by a payment teller.

It was however sad to see that PTDF has not paid a dime to us since receiving the letters,despite sending in account details and tuition fee costs for every session. The total accrued cost include.

1)2014/2015--- #250,000 + #30,000
2)2015/2016--- #250,000 + #30,000
3)2016/2017--- #250,000 + #30,000

Roughly about #840,000 for each student, for just three sessions. The scholarship was originally a four-session program particularly for 5-years engineering courses.

Presently,am in my finals (500L) with a semester left to go and Project financing has been a serious challenge. These kinds of awards are meant to make research financing much easier.

On 30th October,2015,(attached) I wrote a mail to PTDF inquiring about the cause of delay,no reply ever came. The only advocate we had was the erstwhile H.O.D. of geology who himself affirmed that the scholarship worth was over #1,000,000 for four years (but we missed a year).

Dear Seun and other mods/admins, kindly come to our aid as we do not have anyone else to run to, save the media and we believe in how you have been shaping lives through your campaigns. We can't bring ourselves to accept that the FGN hasn't disbursed the funds,as we were even suprised to hear that scholars after us had also been gifted laptops. Hence our question,will the FGN disburse funds for laptops and not do the same for the award fee? These and many more are the sketchy questions we have unanswered.

Kindly help us, Happy New 2017!!

NAMES OF AFFECTED

ATIARO FELIX
AYANGBEMI ABIDEEN
ONYEMALI GIDEON
OROHUNDUSI OLALEKAN
BEBENIMIBO EBIFAGHA
ALUKO OLABODE
OLATUNDE TEMITAYO
ODETAYO AYODEJI
OKE KAFAYAT
ITA UKEMEABASI
ORHAKI EMMANUEL
ENIAFE JOSEPH
KOLAWOLE ADEBAYO
IDOWU OMIDOSU
JIMOH HAFEEZ
SANGOYINKA HABBEB

cc: lalasticlala, fynestboi, mynd44, obinoscopy, missyb3, ijebabe

1 Share

Re: 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by romeoetin(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Oga ptdf i know pays N150,000. I don't know where you got your figures from.
Re: 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by MoyoGENERAL: 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
You guys aren't serious!
Get your asses off to their office in Abuja and relay your complaints!
Else you might never be paid!
#I'm a living witness#
Wasn't paid my last 2 year's FG scholarship stipend (150,000 each) during my undergraduate days!
I regretted then not going to Abuja on time to fight for my funds!
Re: 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by alentyno: 5:01am On Jan 02, 2017
PTDF are known for delays when it comes to payment. They are also known for paying no matter how long it might take them. So this your case looks like somebody somewhere is pulling a kolewerk on you guys. I mean final year and still no shishi?

Just follow Moyogeneral's advice. The fact that you are 16 makes it easier for your voices to be heard.That's the surest path because once you graduate eh, forget, getting those funds is akin to how fun it is to pass a camel's skull through a needle.

You are 16 in number. You have more than enough to set social media on fire. All of you should bombard twitter, contact guys like Omojuwa to help you blow your trumpet. One million naira is not beans. Don't you dare miss that.
Re: 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by alentyno: 5:02am On Jan 02, 2017
romeoetin:
Oga ptdf i know pays N150,000. I don't know where you got your figures from.
It's been 250k for years.
Re: 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by Eli360(m): 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2017
alentyno:
It's been 250k for years.
Hmmmm I doubt if PTDF will pay that amount now ..or is it stated in the award letter ??
Re: 16 Top OAU Students In The 14/15 Edition Of The PTDF Scholarship Not Paid A Dime by Danjuma827(m): 12:46pm On Jan 09, 2017
The best thing is just patience and everything will be okay

(1) (Reply)

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme At UK Universities / Nigerian Student: Ifeoma White-thorpe Gets Accepted By All 8 Ivy League Schools / JAMB TO FACE NATIONWIDE PROTEST!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.