Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

New Jamb Boss Charged For Allegation Of Pention Fraud - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Jamb Boss Charged For Allegation Of Pention Fraud (488 Views)

New Jamb 2019/2020 Universites Cut Off Mark-check Yours / Buhari Appoints New Jamb Chairperson -another Trouble For Jambites / UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Jamb Boss Charged For Allegation Of Pention Fraud by dauddy97(m): 8:36am On Jan 02, 2017
Information reaching our news helpdesk confirms that the Jamb Registrar Prof.Ishaq Oloyede has been charged with allegations of pension fraud, unremitting deductions, extortion from students, contract inflation and kick-backs; as well as unlawful payments to ex-principal officers of the university total-ling more than N2 billion during his tenure as University Of Ilorin Vice-Chancellor by the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU. >

Reacting to the accusation petitioned against him by ASUU to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Prof. Ishaq claims that he has never collected bribe from anyone. In his reaction, Mr. Oloyede denied all the allegations. The don said he has never taken bribe, extorted anyone, inflated contracts nor accepted gifts from any contractor...

He maintained that he operated a transparent system within the period he served the university as vice chancellor. “I am extremely selective in accepting gifts from even personal friends.

My needs are limited and my legitimate income is sufficient to spend on my volunteer work,” the JAMB boss said. “I have never in my life collected bribe, inflated contracts, extorted anyone nor accepted gifts beyond “Thank You greeting cards” from any contractor, dead or alive.” Remember that In August 2016, President Muhammadu Buhari appointed Mr. Oloyede the registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB.

He was appointed alongside sixteen other heads of parastatals and agencies under the Federal Ministry of Education.

The JAMB boss however called on the anti- graft agency, EFCC, to investigate the allegations and take necessary action after establishing the truthfulness of the case brought before it by the union. ==== Imagine such allegations against the JAMB Registrar at this point of time students are awaiting the 2017 Registration to kick-start, this is not actually a news to start with in this new year.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Professional Certificate From UK Without Travelling Or Spending / 5 Things You Must Know Before You Register For 2017 JAMB (must Read) / THE Nigerian Defence Academy Online Registration Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.