Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,195 members, 7,835,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism (569 Views)

Christainity And The Doctrine Of Not Marrying Two Wives. Is It Biblical? / The Relationship Between Witchcraft And Atheism. / Meme Wars: Post Your Memes On What You Think Of Religion And Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism by amicable212(f): 11:24am On Jan 02, 2017
'Going to church doesn't make you a christain any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.' - Bill Sunday

Religion is a household name in the world that even a five year old child knows his or her denomination. Nigeria is a religious country that has the freedom of religion entrenched in her constitution.

Every sunday, christains come out in mass heading towards different directions all in a bid to worship God. They all gather in church with their glittering clothes and faces fixed like saints ready to be taken to heaven in a chariot.

We claim to be religious but we do much evils. Our ways are so bad that atheist now have more grounds to lay their claims. In a christain home, there will be crucifix and bible but yet a shrine is situated at the back of the house. I begin to wonder if this is christainity or child's play. These same people call themselves active christians.

Looking at the world today, atheism is gradually taking over. We proclaim christ but live a life that says nothing about him. The case of Nigerians is worse as they practice both christainity and traditionalism (juju). We have mimic God enough and it is time to stop.

Many christains are in the dilemma of choosing whether to remain in christaindom or continue with their pagan life. They end up following the band wagon even when they still worship other gods. We christains should decide where we want to belong. When we are not strong in faith, we are easily converted into being an atheist.

Decide your faith and don't live a life without direction.
Happy New Year!
Re: The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism by firstclassmumu: 11:31am On Jan 02, 2017
Lolz
Re: The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism by olaniyi50(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2017
shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism by randomperson: 12:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
Converted into being an atheist?? Doesn't sound right
Re: The Dilemma Of Christainity And Atheism by olaniyi50(m): 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
randomperson:
Converted into being an atheist?? Doesn't sound right

I swear angry

Most people I've conversed with seems not to understand the word "Atheism"

and most times, I'm like WTF is this one saying

(1) (Reply)

I Saw This On Facebook About The Killings In The Southern Part Of Kaduna. / PHOTOS: Apostle Johnson Suleman Bags Double Awards / God Bless You If You Are Poor And Serve Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.