Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) (773 Views)

Police Arrest Suspected Kidnappers Of Ubi Franklin's Aunt (Photos) / Lockdown: Police Arrest Suspected Robbery Suspects Terrorizing Ogun Communities / Gate Traps Suspected Burglar To Death (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by Thisis2raw(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2017
A suspected member of a notorious robbery gang that had been terrorising students of Olabisi Onabanjo University, OOU, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, who live off campus has been arrested.
Recovered from the suspect, identified as Onyebuchi Chika, were a sewing machine, some cooking gas and mattresses suspected to have been stolen from the students apartments. Chika allegedly broke into the students’ apartments around Awa Ijebu and its environs at the weekend, where he succeeded in carting away some property of those who had travelled for Christmas. He reportedly came back to continue with his criminal act when luck ran on him after a male student, who was returning from an
outing, raised alarm.
A student, Lola Gbemiga, who explained how the suspect was arrested, said: “He attempted to run but some residents chased him and held him until the arrival of policemen from Awa Ijebu Division, who later took him away.
“Burglars have been disturbing us in this axis and we hope this arrest will send a signal to others.”
During interrogation, Chika admitted to have burgled several apartments in the area, adding that most of the apartments were those of female students. According to him, “I have burgled several students’ apartments in the area. I usually operate when they are not at home, particularly during holidays. I sell the loots and spend the money on food.”
He added that he decided to operate on New Year eve so as to use the proceeds from the loots to celebrate.
Spokesman for Ogun State Police Command, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the arrest, adding that some house-breaking implements were also recovered from the suspect.

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by PASCALSILVA(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2017
DRIVER STOP NAH ..I WAN DROP HERE
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by SolexxBarry(m): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2017
Thank God at least dis didnt result to jungle justice
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by Khd95(m): 11:35am On Jan 02, 2017
Onyebuchi chika
NCA reporting live from allepo,SYRIA

but these our bloodas ehn,even in brown roof republic

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by Khd95(m): 11:38am On Jan 02, 2017
I juz dey imagine how this kin thing go be,if na afonja dem arrest for nnwei like discry

isrealites wee not let oduduwa shidren to ve rest againgrin

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by osemoses1234(m): 11:51am On Jan 02, 2017
Kirikiri no tym
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by UrWorstNitemare: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
TAAAAH!! FLATHEADZ!!! angry

I refuse to comment!
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by harkynon(m): 12:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
Re: Police Arrest Suspected Burglar Of OOU Hostels (PHOTO) by brookz: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2017
IPOB Flaties & Crime b like....... Tnkz Jah thy no visit my Estate dis Xmas.

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Identify A Boko Haram Member In Your Area(photo) / Armed Robbers Kill Rider, Snatch His Motorcycle In Ibadan. Graphic Photo / Watch This Daylight Robbing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.