Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

The Antidote For Recession - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Antidote For Recession (1136 Views)

Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / Make Millions Doing This Recession Era(nigerians Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Antidote For Recession by Elmag(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2017
It is no news Nigeria is currently in RECESSION and most state governments can’t afford to pay civil servants. It’s an undeniable fact that there is immense hunger in the land hence lots of folks seeking alternatives to paid employment or additional sources of income. The government of the day is not left out in this hence its diversification into various non oil sectors.
Agriculture has been largely ignored until this time. Oil was a quicker and preferred choice until the dwindling prices and other issues. It is time we go back to our roots. Agriculture remains the mainstay of our economy. No nation on earth can thrive without agriculture. The good news is that agriculture has evolved from the usual crude processes we know into modern and sophisticated approach. In fact, agriculture is even more lucrative in this time of recession. How much is a bucket of common garri, how much is a bottle of cooking oil, how much is a bag of rice, how much is a kg of chicken or turkey then how much is fish in your local markets? Compare the current price of these common food items and their price 6 months back the ask what went wrong? Is it the DOLLAR? But these items are produced locally not imported. Will the price of these items reverse to normalcy?
The price of these items will keep escalating uncontrollable and most persons are taking advantage and making a fortune even in this recession. Gone are the days when farming was conceived as punishment. Farming is the new gold mine in Nigeria. Rise up, brace yourself and engage in agriculture. Quit the unemployment market, stop blaming the government and get involved in meaniful farming.
Government, NGO’s even AfDB are investing so much in agriculture. Check these links;
http://www.afdb.org/en/news-and-events/article/afdb-group-provides-usd-250-million-to-support-enable-youth-nigeria-program-16579/
Tony Elumelu foundation is offering grant here; http://tonyelumelufoundation.org/programme/
Godson is a proud Agropreneur and CEO of Godson Farms and Agro Enterprise. I’m into total Aquaculture and do consultancy for same.
Stay tuned for more updates on our services or contact me on 07037263112, 08176333450 for mentorship and advice.
IT’S A NEW YEAR AND YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO REMAIN DOCILE. ACT NOW.

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A Keke Marwa On A Hire Purchase Or Daily Return In Asaba / Where To Buy I-phones And Designer Items In Nigeria? / Learn Numerous Ways To Make Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.