Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Nairaland Premium - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Premium (1049 Views)

Check Out: The List Of Dstv Premium Channels, Movies, Sports, Entertainment, Doc / (pic) Oil Price: Buhari Demand Imediate Reduction In Fuel Price-premium Times / BREAKING: Deadly Explosion Hits Yola; Many Feared Killed - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Premium by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 03, 2017
i have been on nairaland for over 10 years.
i am a professional and am in my late thirties

i am becoming increasingly frustrated by the content in nairaland, due to the demographic that is being pursued as a matter of policy.

threads with a business or professional bent are repeatedly destroyed by kids posting 'who e epp?' 'who gives a?' etc

i am sure seun remembers that when he started nairaland, it was a watering hole for intellectuals. today it is simply a playground for kids where serious discourse is pushed to the background.

i understand that nairaland has to make its money.

for this reason i am proposing that seun introduces nairaland premium/pro - value added services on a monthly/yearly subscription basis.

this would include the following

access to topic creation in particular sections eg [business, car sales etal]
ability to block/hide posts of particular posters from your feed/view - this would greatly impact on trolling.
access to some sections like career, jobs etc.

this would go a long way to improving the user experience of older members. it would also help in restoring the reputation of nairaland as a venue for serious discourse, and not tribalism / trolling / unintelligent answers

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairaland Premium by moonraker(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
Amen Bro. I would gladly pay angry angry
Re: Nairaland Premium by afternysc(f): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Seconded. You can try out BESTNAIJA Forum too
Re: Nairaland Premium by DonX001: 6:03am On Jan 10, 2017
Thirded!!! You're right on point!
Re: Nairaland Premium by DonX001: 6:37am On Jan 10, 2017
oyb:

i am becoming increasingly frustrated by the content in nairaland, due to the demographic that is being pursued as a matter of policy.

threads with a business or professional bent are repeatedly destroyed by kids posting 'who e epp?' 'who gives a?' etc

i am sure seun remembers that when he started nairaland, it was a watering hole for intellectuals. today it is simply a playground for kids where serious discourse is pushed to the background.

GBAM!!!
This sums up my entire frustration with Nairaland, it has become largely a kids playground, mainly a place for secondary school kids n Jambites to throw silly comments and cast tribal slurs.
Its become like 2go.

There's still some useful content, but the ratio of thrash to sensible content is now like 90%:10%, so much that on the few times I actually see sensible content, it feels like a glass of refreshing ice cold water.

No wonder Oby Ezekwesili tweeted that Nairaland has gone to the dogs. No disrespect to Seun and his team, but there's more than an iota of truth in that statement. Anybody who was a member of Nairaland from before internet became free for all, will recognize the truth in that tweet.

The bolded part just sums it up nicely. Seun himself will remember. If you look through threads created in 2005-2010 and compare them to threads now, the difference is crystal clear.

I think when there is a problem, something has to be done about it.
People have been complaining about this on NL for a long time, but it looks like its not going to change anytime soon. If at all it does, its probably going to change for the worse, going from the current trend.

I think I'm going to create a forum strictly for mature minds n professionals, people in their late 20s n 30s. Its not going to be huge, (cos that's more difficult to manage), but just a small place where mature minds can gather and have meaningful conversation with quality content, something like NL was in the early days. The 'Who e EPP" n "I don't give a Bleep" crew can stay on NL.
I'll probably message you and some other mature minds on this forum if I set it up.
Or if anybody knows a forum like that with mature minds already on and active (not a ghost town), pls kindly let me know.
That will save me the stress and extra time commitments of having to start one myself.

I'm actually very very really tired of all the fuckery going on in NL.
Happy you spoke up about it. You summed it up better than I could have done.

Seun, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this thread.

CC:Seun, Seun, Seun grin
Re: Nairaland Premium by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 10, 2017
Im all for this so i can relate with serious minded people.
The premium fee should be like 10k so kids can back off.

My frustration with nairaland made me to delete my previous profile (careytommy) in annoyance but i had to register all over with a new profile because there are people you would like to reach after reading something interesting.
Re: Nairaland Premium by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2017
DonX001:

GBAM!!!
This sums up my entire frustration with Nairaland, it has become largely a kids playground, mainly a place for secondary school kids n Jambites to throw silly comments and cast tribal slurs.
Its become like 2go.

There's still some useful content, but the ratio of thrash to sensible content is now like 90%:10%, so much that on the few times I actually see sensible content, it feels like a glass of refreshing ice cold water.

No wonder Oby Ezekwesili tweeted that Nairaland has gone to the dogs. No disrespect to Seun and his team, but there's more than an iota of truth in that statement. Anybody who was a member of Nairaland from before internet became free for all, will recognize the truth in that tweet.

The bolded part just sums it up nicely. Seun himself will remember. If you look through threads created in 2005-2010 and compare them to threads now, the difference is crystal clear.

I think when there is a problem, something has to be done about it.
People have been complaining about this on NL for a long time, but it looks like its not going to change anytime soon. If at all it does, its probably going to change for the worse, going from the current trend.

I think I'm going to create a forum strictly for mature minds n professionals, people in their late 20s n 30s. Its not going to be huge, (cos that's more difficult to manage), but just a small place where mature minds can gather and have meaningful conversation with quality content, something like NL was in the early days. The 'Who e EPP" n "I don't give a Bleep" crew can stay on NL.
I'll probably message you and some other mature minds on this forum if I set it up.
Or if anybody knows a forum like that with mature minds already on and active (not a ghost town), pls kindly let me know.
That will save me the stress and extra time commitments of having to start one myself.

I'm actually very very really tired of all the fuckery going on in NL.
Happy you spoke up about it. You summed it up better than I could have done.

Seun, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this thread.

CC:Seun, Seun, Seun grin

Let me know when you ready
Re: Nairaland Premium by DonX001: 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
careytommy7:

Let me know when you ready
OK Bro, will do.
Re: Nairaland Premium by Ishilove: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2017
oyb:

for this reason i am proposing that seun introduces nairaland premium/pro - value added services on a monthly/yearly subscription basis.

ability to block/hide posts of particular posters from your feed/view - this would greatly impact on trolling.

this would go a long way to improving the user experience of older members. it would also help in restoring the reputation of nairaland as a venue for serious discourse, and not tribalism / trolling / unintelligent answers
grin grin
Re: Nairaland Premium by An0nimus: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
lol some of these kids have money to spend too. The current NL is making mullah so no worries.
Re: Nairaland Premium by 3RNEST(m): 8:01am On Apr 25, 2017
oyb:

Nice brother, i miss the good old days! Seun need to do somethinq before Nairaland cast!!! grin

Big up OYB....Longest time!

(1) (Reply)

The Inspirational Story Of Sir Louis Ojukwu / Fantastic Four: Adorable Photos Of Nigerian Quadruplets As They Turn 7 / ‘i’m Honored To Be Compared To The Likes Of Wizkid’ – MI Abaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.