Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,532 members, 7,826,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It (1047 Views)

Alleged Looters List: Secondus Sues Lai Mohammed, Demands N1.5bn Damages / Anambra Hits N1.5BN Monthly Revenue / Court Seizes Peter Nwaoboshi's 12-Storey Building Over N1.5bn Contract Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by Fertilenigeria: 12:53pm On Jan 03, 2017
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja yesterday announced the discovery of parcels containing cocaine weighing 9.15kg.

The substance was uncovered in a shipment of shoes during the inward screening of passengers on a Turkish Airline flight from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The cocaine industrially concealed in the soles of new foot wears, has estimated value of ‎£3.8 million in Europe (N1.5bn)

Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Colonel Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (retd), observed that the huge profit derived from drug trafficking was why many are now involved in the illegal business.

Abdallah said: “We must continue to take deliberate steps to intercept drugs and ultimately prevent the criminal enrichment of drug cartels.

“Illicit drug proceeds negatively affect economic development, could be used to corrupt government officials and terrorism funding thereby subjecting mankind to widespread destruction.

Abdallah, who commended his officers, described the seizure as one of the benefits of training and validation of enhanced capacity of officers due to series of training programmes.

“The training covering investigation, raid operations as well as prosecution was conducted with the assistance of the United States government, European Union and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.

“This is just a tip of the iceberg because as the benefits of these training begin to manifest, more drugs shall be detected and cartels dislodged in the days ahead.”

NDLEA commander at the Abuja airport, Hamisu Lawan, said agents arrested a 34-year-old suspect, Okolo Emenike Kingsley, who hails from Ezeagu, Enugu State.

“The motorcycle parts dealer said that he was offered the sum of N1 million to smuggle the drugs to Nigeria.

“Investigation is ongoing and the suspect is cooperating with our team of undercover officers.”

Speaking, the suspect disclosed he is a motorcycle parts dealer and married with a child.

“My business was failing due to recession, so I travelled to Brazil in search of employment.

“Things became worse for me in Brazil because I had no money to sustain myself while my work permit was being processed.

“I was equally confronted with the fear of deportation. This made me to be desperate in my search for quick wealth.

“In the process, I met my childhood friend who offered me N1 million to traffic cocaine to Nigeria. He also paid for my ticket and gave me three bag of shoes containing the cocaine.

“On arrival at the Abuja airport, the cocaine was detected and I was arrested. I had wanted to invest the N1 million in business in Nigeria.”

NDLEA said suspect will soon be charged to court.

Source: https://yaanews.com/man-caught-n1-5bn-cocaine-confesses-said-recession-caused

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by najoke: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na dem dem grin grin grin

The hard working, developing other region, no recession in our region peop grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by Sensie(f): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
O my God

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by sarrki(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
Cc freeglobe come and see oooo

Recession is biting hard somewhere oooo

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by DropShot: 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
No surprises here.

Next please?

3 Likes

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by Atiku2019: 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Not an Excuse

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by NaijaMutant(f): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by TheFreeOne: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2017
Is he the only one affected by recession

The criminal will surely get a brain reset after doing his time behind bars.

Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by NaijaMutant(f): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
sarrki:
Cc freeglobe come and see oooo

Recession is biting hard somewhere oooo
DropShot:
No surprises here.

Next please?

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by spinna: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2017
Very hardworking Guy. He makes all of us seem like fools in business, he's buying up lands cars and houses with wealth that destroys souls , blood money, calling other people lazy. I'm not jealous, i will build my wealth the right way and when the time comes buy off such properties at cheap rates because...wealth gotten by vanity cannot prevail

5 Likes

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na this type dey buy drink of N7 million for club.

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by daprince098(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2017
If he had succeeded he would wanted to do more and more. Reccession is not an excuse to indulge yourself in criminal act

2 Likes

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by HtwoOw: 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
They always find a way to blame Buhari or recession

Na wash!!

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by AlhajiSpray(m): 3:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
grin

NCAN politics division commander reporting for duty!

Hmmm.....as expected, the culprit is one of the members of the lost tribe of Uganda, an Ipob tout whose natural love for financial security has driven him to insert hard drugs into his anal cavity as well as into his brogues!

Not suprised! This is his idols reaction as well as those of his resident online tout family members upon hearing the news!

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by yomexp(m): 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by azimibraun: 4:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
Having mentioned recession, some half brain carriers will sympathise with him. Just read on. There is absolutely no way any decent guy would have gone into drug trafficking of this magnitude, if he hasn't been involved in dubious activities in the last 3 to 4 yrs. This level is not for a first offender.

1 Like

Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by SIRmanjar(m): 4:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Na dem na.D ownerz of lagos,the lost tribe of isreal.The brave hardworking pipul.Dem no dey use eye see drug.
Re: Man Caught With N1.5bn Cocaine Confesses, Said Recession Caused It by chat2deen(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
Ig-bo kwenu! Tank u for not disappointing us, I just have to scroll down n checked d name after I saw the head of the topic.

(1) (Reply)

top 20 cities in Nigeria.. Victoria city is number 1 / President Buhari Arrives Mali For 27th Africa-france Summit (photos) / See Our Hardworking Super Minister!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.