Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:35 PM

How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders (51675 Views)

Akwa Ibom Youths Ambush Exxon Mobil With Coffin And Other Traditional Items.PICS / Governor Okorocha Bans Igbo Traditional Leaders From Speaking English Language / Igbo Traditional Leaders, Town Groups, Age Grades Show Support For Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Jesusloveyou: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2017
azimibraun:
Pictures don't lie.. I agree with with you. But my question are; Are those traditional rulers in the class of the sultan? The sultan of sokoto is most senior traditional ruler in the north and the leader of muslims in almost all of west Africa and specifically the gulf of guinea. He is just not just a national leader but an international leader. Wike pays the salary of that traditional ruler by law he can fire him if laws are broken and from the foto wike also bowed to the king from his posture. My second question is this, why have you not bothered to get fotos of a northern leader visiting a south east or south-south traditional ruler to juxtapose it with leaders from the south visiting traditional rulers in th north? Did the northern leaders stood and greeted or they bowed? Yeye post for all I care. BIGOTORY!
from south- south and south-east, it is only oba of Benin That have such honour like sultan

1 Like

Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by ginggerxy: 12:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
Biafrans are slaves of Fulani forever. grin grin
please you can say more since is the only thing that puts a smile on your face this new year. Mouth odour is allowed grin
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
SUPERPACK:
which ancient forefathers or do u mean the british. The throne of the sultan of sokoto is even more respected than any governor in nigeria.
Yea u can say that....hint; in d uk, the queen or the archbishop of cantebury who is more respected?
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Trueyarn(m): 1:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
FOR REAL...THIS COUNTRY IS INDEED VERY MUCH DIVIDED...THE CIVIL WAR THAT WILL HIT IT THIS TIME WILL HAVE MORE FACTIONS SEEKING INDEPENDENCE, MARK MY WORDS!
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by AkinPhysicist: 1:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by seunmsg(m): 2:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
babfet:
Is the kings you have to blame that's result of using crown to beg for contracts and money instead of respecting the throne and the crown. What you call yourself is what people will call you

And who told you traditional rulers from the north don't seek for money and contracts from political office holders? The fact is this, we denigrate our traditional rulers in the south while the north respect and honour theirs. When visits happens across the divide, it is only natural that they will be honoured and respected the way their subject honours and respect them.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Veejaym: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
I don't see anything wrong with that. It's all about the traditions of a particular place. In Akwa Ibom for instance, they don't bow or prostrate when greeting elders. It's not a big deal.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by proudlyYoruba(m): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Jaymaxxy:
smh... meanwhile, this is Obasanjo in front of Ooni of Ile-Ife
and that is culture 'asa'
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by seguno2: 4:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
ItsMeAboki:
By heritage; none of them is in the same class with the Sultan - the sultanate had long preceded their minor or relatively recent fabricated stools - just saying, no offence intended.

The Sultanate that was only established in the 1800s i.e. just over 200 years ago by Usman dan Fodio after he MURDERED the Hausa rulers who hosted his parents in their kingdom?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usman_dan_Fodio

Or is their another Sultanate?
The southern kingdoms have existed, just like the Hausa kingdoms, for many centuries before 1800.

Meanwhile you should stop telling lies unnecessarily as it is very easy to expose them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by SUPERPACK: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Oktoberfest:

Yea u can say that....hint; in d uk, the queen or the archbishop of cantebury who is more respected?
The queen because she appoints and can also remove the Archbishop of cantebury, previously the king of England is by default the religious leader of England. Bt that changed with time, The akwa ibom traditional rulers are nt religious leaders also like the sultan or Queen. The sultan of sokoto on the other hand wields both the power of a traditional and religious leader to all muslims in nigeria.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by proudlyYoruba(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
You can't expect him to come south west and come give ooni or eleko slapshakes. It is just a matter of culture, even Aisha Buhari was humiliated
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
seguno2:

The Sultanate that was only established in the 1800s i.e. just over 200 years ago by Usman dan Fodio after he MURDERED the Hausa rulers who hosted his parents in their kingdom?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usman_dan_Fodio

Or is their another Sultanate?
The southern kingdoms have existed, just like the Hausa kingdoms, for many centuries before 1800.

Meanwhile you should stop telling lies unnecessarily as it is very easy to expose them.
Sorry have no time to dwell on historical arguments; however, you may want to do similar search on the specific stools in Rivers State - the subject of this thread, then come back and tell me something.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Teneke007(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
Sultan is higher than all those kitchen chiefs.
azimibraun:
Pictures don't lie.. I agree with with you. But my question are; Are those traditional rulers in the class of the sultan? The sultan of sokoto is most senior traditional ruler in the north and the leader of muslims in almost all of west Africa and specifically the gulf of guinea. He is just not just a national leader but an international leader. Wike pays the salary of that traditional ruler by law he can fire him if laws are broken and from the foto wike also bowed to the king from his posture. My second question is this, why have you not bothered to get fotos of a northern leader visiting a south east or south-south traditional ruler to juxtapose it with leaders from the south visiting traditional rulers in th north? Did the northern leaders stood and greeted or they bowed? Yeye post for all I care. BIGOTORY!
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Codes151(m): 8:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
Biafrans are slaves of Fulani forever. grin grin
lol!!! U r harsh! Chai... thank God am not Biafran....
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Origin(f): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
To me it speaks more of their familiarity.

What's up fam.- my people
Good day Sir- to outsider.

You are freer and more lively with your own day to day people than ....

My own my own is different from our own our own.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Kingspin(m): 12:15am On Jan 05, 2017
If he didn't greet him well the same person will cast Wike for disrespecting. Those calling Wike slave in their real sense know who the slave of Nigeria are.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by Dedetwo(m): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2017
There are too many willing and pathetic ingrates in southern Nigeria as alleged by Ahmadu Bello.
Re: How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders by haladadon: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
yup

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note / A Mother Pretends To Be Mad To Outsmart Boko Haram For 9 Months / New Nigerian Navy Ship Stops Over In Ghana. Greeted By Ghanaian Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.