Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

How I Stopped Paying Konga N2,500 Monthly And The 25% Commision - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Stopped Paying Konga N2,500 Monthly And The 25% Commision (427 Views)

Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless / How I Make 10,500 Monthly / The Kind If Business I Can Do To Gain 20k Monthly And The Required Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Stopped Paying Konga N2,500 Monthly And The 25% Commision by SoupEmbassy: 8:24am On Jan 04, 2017
Yeah the first time I heard Konga will be charging me N2,500 for selling on their platform, I wondered I they will still charge me the regular 20-25% commission on each sales I make.

If so, why waste time when I can start my own online store, sell my stuffs and ship them nationwide using indigenous logistics firm. Yes that's is what I did. I built my own site www.soupembassy.com myself and I can also accept payment online.

The only challenge I have now is driving traffic to my new site. Yes and getting people to trust me too. So instead of selling Nationwide, I focus on my area so I can easily do Cash on Delivery.

For adverts, I got a strategy too and its working for me. After all if you want to sell real on Konga, you will still have to pay for banner.

A lot of people launch e-commerce sites only to realize they lack an essential element. Six months in, after spending their nest egg, they ask: “You mean I need a pay-per-click campaign? But I didn’t budget for that.” Or, “I need Web analytics software? I had no idea.”

Assembling everything you need prior to launch will save you numerous headaches. And it will better prepare you to compete with established businesses, which are operating with full toolboxes.

As a business owner, your goals are to improve customer satisfaction, generate sales and maximize profits through your business. To achieve these goals, you have to acquire more customers and reach out to them across various locations. This will entail you spending money on rent, advertisements, marketing, distribution and much more.

However, we all know that quite a number of these expenses have become harder to maintain due to the unfavorable economic environment we find ourselves in. In fact, the Nigerian economy has been ranked 169 out of 181 economies for “ease of doing business” by the World Bank Doing Business 2016 Report.

For this reason, e-commerce serves as a great field to dive into for a business today. There is no denying the impact of how the digital age has transformed the manner in which our business goals can be achieved. According to the We are Social’s Digital in 2016 Report, about 97 million of the Nigerian population (184.6 million) are active internet users.

In a study conducted by Ipsos (a global market research company) Nigeria is Africa’s leading e-commerce nation in terms of potential and existing online shoppers, compared to other African countries (South Africa and Kenya).

These days, buyers are intrigued with the idea of shopping online. They like to view detailed images and videos, check availability and buy items via online and mobile tools. They want to order for their choice of product and receive electronic order confirmations with accurate shipping details on when their order will get to them.

It must be an item or service that few businesses already sell, one you can get for a low wholesale price or one about which you have a special knowledge. Something about what you sell has to let you stand out from the herd — at least a little bit — otherwise you’ll be trying to sell snow to Eskimos. And that’s discouraging.

1– A Business Plan
Writing a business plan seems daunting. You might say, “I’m starting a business, I don’t want to sit down and write a paper, like I’m in school.” But think of it this way: it’s free, and it will help you immeasurably. Real businesses have business plans.

2–A Reliable Source for Your Product
If you’re selling Soup like I do on www.soupembassy.com, are you confident the price of soup ingredients won’t going to skyrocket three months from now? Do you have more than one wholesale source? Hopefully yes, otherwise you could be in trouble. The best problem of all: if you make your product in your basement, can you handle success if you suddenly get 25 orders per day? Make sure your supply line is steady before you plunk down your money.

3–A Web Designer
Many Web design software packages are so easy to use that business owners think they can design their own site. That’s a mistake. Homemade Web sites aren’t like homemade cookies. No one likes the way they look. Worse, an ugly site makes shoppers wonder: should I enter my credit card number in this funky looking site? Select a Web design firm with great care, and be prepared to pay for quality work — you’ll get nowhere without it. On a related note, you’ll need a steady flow of product shots.
Re: How I Stopped Paying Konga N2,500 Monthly And The 25% Commision by SoupEmbassy: 8:25am On Jan 04, 2017
At the Hosting Mogul Web Design Studios, we recognize these trends and have made available innovative products that can help your business achieve that online presence it should have at very little cost. To find out more on our e-commerce web design, visit our website or contact us.

sayhello@hostingmogul.com | www.hostingmogul.com | 08032910381

(1) (Reply)

Man Reportedly Faints After Winning N10million In Promo / Nigeria Economy, See What Someone Did. [see Photo] / Lead Mining Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.