Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,323 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" (578 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Vincent Enyeama Joins Super Eagles In Training / Vincent Enyeama & Wife, Promise In A Hot Tub / Enyeama Snubbed Me, Rejected My Calls Over 10 Times - Rohr Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" by EbukaLive(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2017
Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has given up on trying to convince former goalkepper Vincent Enyeama to come out of retirement and play for Nigeria.

Rohr ruled out any future contact with the Lille man after revealing that the 33 year old appears to have made up his mind to stick to his international retirement.

The Franco German coach said he tried reaching out at Enyeama when they had a goalkepper crisis before the game against Algeria, but Enyeama failed to take his calls and didn’t return them later.

” When we had crisis in our hands after Carl Ikeme’s injury, I called him (Enyeama) over 10 times and he never responded nor called back”, Rohr said to Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I am happy with how Daniel Akpeyi responded to the test when he was called up as emergency cover, but he needs to buckle up because we can’t solely depend on Ikeme”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/04/rohr-slams-eagles-door-on-enyeama-i-called-him-over-10-times-and-he-never-responded-nor-call-back/

Re: Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" by thesicilian: 9:34am On Jan 04, 2017
You called him because you had crisis and needed a "locum goalkeeper", Not because you really wanted him in the team. Otherwise you would have reached out to him much earlier after taking the job.
Re: Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" by Atiku2019: 9:35am On Jan 04, 2017
We should stop begging players to represent us. Even Diego Costa begs on his knees to play for Spain wink

1 Like

Re: Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" by Xaddy(m): 9:50am On Jan 04, 2017
Enyeama get wahala tho. He just dey hide am with him calm face...
Re: Rohr Slams Eagles Door On Enyeama – "I Called Him Over 10 Times" by bigtt76(f): 10:23am On Jan 04, 2017
I think we should respect Enyeama's decision. He's retired though not tired but wants out from the National team. He knows why and we all know too so there's not point for Rohr to still be hammering on this issue. He should work to discover more goalkeepers and other players. It is not until Enyeama is disgraced in post that we will let him go. grin

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Finally Signs For Chinese Club Tianjin TEDA, To Earn Over N54m Weekly / Bayern Vs Arsenal Match Preview, Possible Lineups, Team News And Prediction / Chelsea Don’t Need FA Cup – Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.