Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,475 members, 7,836,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Why Follow Advice. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Follow Advice. (305 Views)

Twitter Fight Among University : Futminna Vs Abuzaria Follow Suits / The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : / [a Must Read] 20 Steps You Must Follow To Pass 2018/2019 Waec Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Follow Advice. by lexilla007(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
This morning I posted an article on following advice. It is the first Wednesday Wisdom Words that I am sharing for the year. Want to have a read? Check it out on https://ogunleyeakinola./2017/01/04/wednesday-wisdom-words-1/.

On hind view of my article, I am deciding to share a story that buttresses the soundness of following advice if it have been proven to be good.

So I went to one of my former teachers looking for an opportunity to kickstart a career in education. After exchanging pleasantries, I got to my main purpose of visit. I told him I wanted a job as a teacher but he informed me that there was no vacancy as of that moment. He nonetheless advised me to put pursuing of my masters degree a priority first and then think of a career in lecturing. I heard him, thanked him but I did not act on that good advice. I made no consultation, no medication and definitely no decision.

Sometime later, I discovered that I really had a passion for education. A Master degree will be needed but I had none. So I began to make consultations. The first person gave me the same advice : " Akin,go for your Masters ". The second, the same advice, the third, the forth, the fifth and so numerous that I have lost count.

Could I have benefitted if I had acted on that advice? Yes I could have. I could have saved time. I could have been nearing the end by now. But I guess it is not too late.

So I am deciding to act Now.
Now is the time.
Tomorrow is like wasting another precious time.

I sincerely wish someone had read this and decided to always consult people for advice, meditate on advice given, and take action if there is a sound reason to do so.

Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Is Payments For Acceptance Fee After Gaining Admission To University Legal / Private / Home Tutor / Sure Fire Ways Of Making Today Count....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.