Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric (4922 Views)

ABUAD Removed From Webometric Ranking For Bad Practice / UI Ranked 1st And Lautech 14th Best Universities In Nigeria - Webometric / Top 100 Universities In Africa 2017-Webometric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
Here is a link to webometric reveals 800 of Nigerian scientist and their global contributions. Identify your lecturer if you see them
http://www.webometrics.info/en/node/99

1 Share

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
Statsocial:
Here is a link to webometric reveals 800 of Nigerian scientist and their global contributions. Identify your lecturer if you see them
http://www.webometrics.info/en/node/99

I've identified mine! grin grin grin she's in the top 11. I also identified another in the top 10, I based my undergraduate work on his method, though he's not my lecturer.

2 Likes

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Daboywizzy: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Prof P.A Akah students Affair UNN ..

3 Likes

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by betterABIAstate: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
DR. Chukwunonso ejike, mouau, he was my lecturer.

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
coollabman:

I've identified mine! grin grin grin she's in the top 11. I also identified another in the top 10, I based my undergraduate work on his method, though he's not my lecturer.
Wow Two! From which University?
Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Leqsy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
Prof fatiu Arogundade

2 Likes

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Craigston: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
I identified fourteen individuals from my university, including the former VC and Dr Emeka Amos (I really like that man; I just can't explain why and I've just upped my respect for him. He really deserves it).

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by davbravo(m): 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
identified my HOD.....Prof Akinloye

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 05, 2017
I identified a lecturer that I have great respect for but his not in my department we call him P.C Okafor

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 05, 2017
Craigston:
I identified fourteen individuals from my university, including the former VC and Dr Emeka Amos (I really like that man; I just can't explain why and I've just upped my respect for him. He really deserves it).
Which university?
Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2017
I have two of my lecturers from Covenant university. Dr. Obinna and Dr. Ajayi
Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by TheVictorious(m): 12:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
This is old list
Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by charliejose: 3:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
Dr A.J Akindele department of pharmacology,unilag. I hope he becomes my project supervisor this year.

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheVictorious:

This is old list
Lecturer rankings is a bit stagnant in comparison to university rankings largely because you would need to produce several research publications in a year to make a serious leap on this. This list was generated by Webometrics and was later updated and is still the most recent rankings of researchers in Nigeria. The next major one should most likely be published after August this year.
Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Craigston: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
Statsocial:
Which university?
RSUST

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by napoleonbaba(m): 7:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
Statsocial:

Wow Two! From which University?

University of Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by TheVictorious(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2017
Statsocial:

Lecturer rankings is a bit stagnant in comparison to university rankings largely because you would need to produce several research publications in a year to make a serious leap on this. This list was generated by Webometrics and was later updated and is still the most recent rankings of researchers in Nigeria. The next major one should most likely be published after August this year.

No, don't say what you don't know. The list just happen to be inconsistent and there's no too much attention on it in this part of the world. Okay, why didn't you include the date it was released (October 2015); do you know it made FP?. Ranking of researchers for some other countries where this list is really patronized have been released twice after this!

At the bolded, you're correct but majority of our researcher have produced more publications, and gotten more citations (citation is not necessarily bound to new publications, some old papers with high impact will be cited more this year than some other articles that will be published this year!). Check the stats on google scholar, you will see that the citations/ h-index have leaped for most of our researchers since the last publication. The site is not just consistent with this ranking of scientist stuff!
Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by TheVictorious(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2017
4ICU and webometrics will release their university rankings towards the end of this month. Those are the ones that draw our attention here!

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 11, 2017
TheVictorious:
4ICU and webometrics will release their university rankings towards the end of this month. Those are the ones that draw our attention here!
Yes we arewaiting for it. Am sure Covenant University is taking number 1 this time around.

1 Like

Re: Top 150 Scientist/researchers In Nigeria And Their Universities-webometric by TheVictorious(m): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
Statsocial:

Yes we arewaiting for it. Am sure Covenant University is taking number 1 this time around.

SURE, it's already looking so

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2018 And Their Top Courses / Gateway Poly, Igbesa Admission Is In Progress! / Jamb Reprinting Of E-slip Has Been Postponed Till Further Notice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.