Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems (7493 Views)

Do You Know What The White Or Black Stripes On Your Earpiece Jack do ? / How Often Do You Change Your Earpiece ? / How To Increase Your Earpiece's Audio Output For The Best Music Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
I am posting this because of mrjojo and other people on NL who are tired of buying this 200 naira earpiece everytime which doesn't last. I am attending to a particular type of earpiece below which I deem the most comfortable. I don't like head fones and those earpiece with protuding mouth, hurts like hell. I am posting instructional pictures not a video. It's that simple, no video needed.

Please learn.

I posted in the romance section because that's where most people go to. The mods can move to the appropriate section.

5 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
grin

Hahahahah.. "Protruding mouth" cheesy

U remind me of someone I know...Now, I can't stop laughing... grin

1 Like

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
First step.

You need a soldering iron, Lead, pin (any type; I used sewing pin in mine) and electricity. You can use your gen or normal light. Soldering iron is a very hot element but consumes very little electricity and won't spoil your gen for those afraid of that.

1 Like

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2017
You have your faulty earpiece now. The first thing to do is open the earpiece with your finger nails or needle. Once open you would see two copper wires, one of bronze color and the other is either red or blue. Attached to two corper plates.

The only reason why your earpiece is faulty is because one or two of the wires aren't attached to the copper plates inside the ear piece.

3 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by IamLEGEND1: 3:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
I'm perusing romance section so i can read things that have to do with romance and you're there busy showing us how to repair earpiece.

6 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
As you can see from my pic below. Img 1. I'm sorry I held the copper wire so close to the copper plates filled with lead. The two wires are no longer attached to the copper plates.

IMG 2 shows the head of the copper plates above. You can see wax around it. Please pardon me. Img 2 shows an earpiece already being worked on.

1 Like

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
Neat nails

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by iamtomi(f): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
How is this romantic

3 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2017
Now that the fault has been discovered. In one of the images, I have the two wires(red and bronze) not attached to the copper plates while in another image I have one of the two wires(blue and bronze: the left earpiece), bronze not attached to the copper plate.

Now that the fault has been discovered. Plug your soldering iron to a source of electricity. You need a place to keep your soldering iron when it's hot. I used my spoilt kettle for that.

Heat the iron for at least 5 minutes of which it would be enough to melt the lead.

After that, you want to push out thw wire of your earpiece from it casing to futher out the earpiece component.

After this is done, place the earpiece component on the reverse side and place a heavy heat resistant object on the waxed side of the earpiece component. I used my Dustin powder for this. You can use a clamp if you have. But my instruction is for non science graduates and students.

2 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by makydebbie(f): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
How is this romantic?
Gerarahia mehn!
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
Now that everything is set, you take your wires, place each one on the copper plates, place lead on it and put the mouth or tip o your soldering iron on the lead. Lead melts easily and solidifies easily. If you're a beginner, you need to take your time.

melt the lead generously to reinforce your copper wire attachment to your plate. Make sure the lead from both plates do not touch. If they do, you make use of a needle to seperate the lead and resolder this time around with the iron only no lead. Make sure not to remove the wires by reheating. Care has to be taken or the whole process starts again.

After this is done. Let it cool, switch off your soldering iron. Pull back the earpiece wire. Close up the casing. You can use your iron to melt the sides of the earpiece a bit if it refuses to close from damage prior to opening.

But before you close make sure to test your earpiece. Mine worked. Been using this cheap earpiece for 6 months now.

Enjoy your earpiece.

Warning: on the other side of the earpiece showing a red ring, make sure not to perforate the nylon lining. That like bursting the speaker of some sort and leads to irreparable damage except you're an expert.

11 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by makydebbie(f): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Bitchvibe:
I wanna drive the hot soldering iron up your ass.
k!
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by ImDharay: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
I get your point, buh not all earpieces
can be opened easily like this.

4 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
Cheap earpieces can be opened easily. Any earpiece and be opened if you are an expert.i stated the particular type of earpiece.
ImDharay:
I get your point, buh not earpieces
can be opened easily like this.
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by hushyp(m): 3:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I'm perusing romance section so i can read things that have to do with romance and you're there busy showing us how to repair earpiece.
i wonder o
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
You are all ingrates. You saw the topic and clicked on it. Don't come here to drop stupid comments. I had my reason for posting it in romance. And if you use that method up there, I reserve what will happen to you.
hushyp:

i wonder o

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by RoyalBlak007: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
..Nice one...

..bitchvibe..

2 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Timelezz: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
Op, flat mouth earpiece like this are old fashioned and often with low resolution sound production. How do you loosen up pointed mouth earpiece?

Mind you, the pointed mouth earpiece have better sound filtration from outside intrusion and retain base more.

5 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by rheether(f): 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=Oyind17 post=52526008]Neat nails[/quote

I thought I was the only one who noticed it.
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by sinaj(f): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nice thread op

1 Like

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Mujaheeeden: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=rheether post=52527122][/quote] Na so Lust dey start
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by TashaGirl: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
but original is not expensive nah embarassed. Just 1k+

3 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by luvlyoracle(m): 4:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
Your soldering is very bad sad

1 Like

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by hushyp(m): 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2017
Bitchvibe:
You are all ingrates. You saw the topic and clicked on it. Don't come here to drop stupid comments. I had my reason for posting it in romance. And if you use that method up there, I reserve what will happen to you.
Now i know u r of low intellect, thats why u would post tech tread in romance......... Get your pussy soldered also cos am sure u def need it
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by DrayZee: 9:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Timelezz:
Op, flat mouth earpiece like this are old fashioned and often with low resolution sound production. How do you loosen up pointed mouth earpiece?

Mind you, the pointed mouth earpiece have better sound filtration from outside intrusion and retain base more.
Maybe they do. But they're finnicky and uncomfortable. The flat ones stay put and you can hear clearly. Nice thread Op. Been using the same Samsung earpiece on different phones since 2014. One of the pieces had a problem. I'm sure this will be of help to me.

3 Likes

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by casttlebarbz(m): 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2017

Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by winetapper: 10:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Kondomatic(m): 12:42am On Jan 05, 2017
simply buy original earpiece. Been using mine since early 2014.
Re: Say Bye Bye To All Your Earpiece Problems by Adrenaline123(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2017
Nice one bro. Bravissimo!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best App For Hiding p0rn On Android / Mobile Phones Made In Nigeria: Would You Buy One? / Midnight Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.