Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,903 members, 7,828,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

How Do I Convert To Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Convert To Christianity (682 Views)

Vikramjeet Singh: Tb Joshua Made Me Convert To Christianity - Indian Sikh / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
A man in the Greek city of Philippi asked a very similar question of Paul and Silas. We know at least three things about this man: he was a jailer, he was a pagan, and he was desperate. He had been on the verge of suicide when Paul stopped him. And that’s when the man asked, “What must I do to be saved?” ( Acts 16:30 ).
The very fact that the man asks the question shows that he recognized his need of salvation—he saw only death for himself, and he knew he needed help. The fact that he asks Paul and Silas shows that he believed they had the answer.
That answer comes swiftly and simply: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved” (verse 31). The passage goes on to show how the man did believe and was converted. His life began displaying the difference from that day forward. Note that the man’s conversion was based on faith (“Believe”). He had to trust Jesus and nothing else. The man believed that Jesus was the Son of God (“Lord”) and the Messiah who fulfilled the scriptures (“Christ”). His faith also included a belief that Jesus died for sin and rose again, because that was the message that Paul and Silas were preaching (see Romans 10:9-10 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 ).
To “convert” is literally “to turn.” When we turn towards one thing, we by necessity turn away from something else. When we turn to Jesus, a turning from sin is implied. The Bible describes “repentance” as a change of mind about sin and a change of mind about Jesus, and then a turning to Jesus in “faith.” Therefore, repentance and faith are complementary. Both repentance and faith are indicated in 1 Thessalonians 1:9 —“You turned to God from idols.” A Christian will leave behind his former ways and anything pertaining to false religion as the result of a genuine conversion to Christianity.
To put it simply, to convert to Christianity, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for your sin and rose again. You must agree with God that you are a sinner in need of salvation, and you must trust in Jesus alone to save you. When you do this, God promises to save you and give you the Holy Spirit, Who will make you a new creature.
Christianity, in its true form, is not a religion. Christianity, according to the Bible, is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Christianity is God offering salvation to anyone who believes and trusts the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.
A person who converts to Christianity is not leaving one religion for another religion. Converting to Christianity is receiving the gift that God offers and beginning a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in the forgiveness of sins and eternity in Heaven after death.
Do you desire to convert to Christianity becaue of what you have read in this article? If your answer is yes, here is a simple prayer you can offer to God. Saying this prayer, or any other prayer, will not save you. It is only trusting in Christ that can save you from sin. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your salvation.
"God, I know that I have sinned against You and deserve punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Convert To Christianity by ScienceWatch: 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Junia:
A man in the Greek city of Philippi asked a very similar question of Paul and Silas. We know at least three things about this man: he was a jailer, he was a pagan, and he was desperate. He had been on the verge of suicide when Paul stopped him. And that’s when the man asked, “What must I do to be saved?” ( Acts 16:30 ).
The very fact that the man asks the question shows that he recognized his need of salvation—he saw only death for himself, and he knew he needed help. The fact that he asks Paul and Silas shows that he believed they had the answer.
That answer comes swiftly and simply: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved” (verse 31). The passage goes on to show how the man did believe and was converted. His life began displaying the difference from that day forward. Note that the man’s conversion was based on faith (“Believe”). He had to trust Jesus and nothing else. The man believed that Jesus was the Son of God (“Lord”) and the Messiah who fulfilled the scriptures (“Christ”). His faith also included a belief that Jesus died for sin and rose again, because that was the message that Paul and Silas were preaching (see Romans 10:9-10 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 ).
To “convert” is literally “to turn.” When we turn towards one thing, we by necessity turn away from something else. When we turn to Jesus, a turning from sin is implied. The Bible describes “repentance” as a change of mind about sin and a change of mind about Jesus, and then a turning to Jesus in “faith.” Therefore, repentance and faith are complementary. Both repentance and faith are indicated in 1 Thessalonians 1:9 —“You turned to God from idols.” A Christian will leave behind his former ways and anything pertaining to false religion as the result of a genuine conversion to Christianity.
To put it simply, to convert to Christianity, you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died for your sin and rose again. You must agree with God that you are a sinner in need of salvation, and you must trust in Jesus alone to save you. When you do this, God promises to save you and give you the Holy Spirit, Who will make you a new creature.
Christianity, in its true form, is not a religion. Christianity, according to the Bible, is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Christianity is God offering salvation to anyone who believes and trusts the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.
A person who converts to Christianity is not leaving one religion for another religion. Converting to Christianity is receiving the gift that God offers and beginning a personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in the forgiveness of sins and eternity in Heaven after death.
Do you desire to convert to Christianity becaue of what you have read in this article? If your answer is yes, here is a simple prayer you can offer to God. Saying this prayer, or any other prayer, will not save you. It is only trusting in Christ that can save you from sin. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your salvation.
"God, I know that I have sinned against You and deserve punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness - the gift of eternal life! Amen!"
God made sure that trust must be based on evidence and from that evidence faith to receive the WORD is born, thats why the bible is full of miracles and other demonstrations of God's power.

Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists that humbly want spiritual enlightenment and power;

Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. John 14:12

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?

They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”

Now the world finally have a free education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and deeper meaning of John 14:12
Re: How Do I Convert To Christianity by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2017
ScienceWatch:
God made sure that trust must be based on evidence and from that evidence faith to receive the WORD is born, thats why the bible is full of miracles and other demonstrations of God's power.

Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists that humbly want spiritual enlightenment and power;

Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff.

Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches, conferences and motivational speeches. John 14:12

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?

They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”

Now the world finally have a free education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and deeper meaning of John 14:12

Ok

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Christains Find It Convenient To Play Religious Songs On Sundays? / Unveiling Nigerian Prophet Who Raised A Dead Child With The Holy Bible / Endtimes : Rebuilding The Temple - Ralph Yankee Arnold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.