Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:03 PM

Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) (61079 Views)

Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Amazon In USA (photos / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU / 2 Students Sponsored By Presidential Amnesty Programme Graduate In USA(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by sirqeeboi(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
Many ppl in nairaland are like..
Igbo rocks ...

It we..
Maybe they write she is igbo in her certificate who cares about that.
We only care about the positive impact you are making
To the community. .

Look for good things to do..
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 9:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
Can this happen in a Nigerian public university?
Will saddidstic lecturers not victimize her till she quits or she spends extended time on the degree to push her age upward?

3 Likes

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by KELVIN086: 9:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
Wow , I'm impressed by the fact that she did it while working full time , it means I have hope.

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by bubu2019: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
sarrki:
Good example of Nigerian Ambassador

nope,good example of ipob ambasador,afonja will not be happy to see her name
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Chukazu: 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
cool nwa bu so nma!
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by davide470(m): 9:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
CocoLav,

You can do this! wink
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by HDee(m): 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
Shortyy:
Oh wow that's wonderful. Beauty with brain

shortyy
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by CoCoLav(f): 9:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
davide470:
CocoLav,

You can do this! wink

Na wa!

Come and open my head and put the book inside shocked angry
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by riczy(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
Hu she epp?
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by bubu2019: 9:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
[quote author=sirqeeboi post=52535510]Many ppl in nairaland are like..
Igbo rocks ...

It we..
Maybe they write she is igbo in her certificate who cares about that.
BAD BELLE WON KILL SOMBORI HIA, HAHAHA,IF NA DRUG SHE CARRY,UNA GO KNW SAI NA DEM,SOME GO SAY FLATY

2 Likes

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Okeikpu(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
Anago5000:
no be only nigeria na niger.okpo dika gi
grin grin
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by toprealman: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
Imagine reading about stories like this 24/7......not the davido, WizKid type of story. The world will definitely change.

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Nofuckgiven: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Useless brownroof afonjas pls help yourselves before you die of heart attack. She is and would always be a BIAFRAN if you don't like it just do as I said. Kill yourselves! undecided tongue

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
Yes, she's one of my contacts on LinkedIn.

Her story is beautiful, inspiring and Motivating! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Shortyy(f): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
HDee:

shortyy
Hmm?
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by iamteegee(m): 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Arewas are known for their men to kill and fight, do laborer work and their women marry at age 14full housewife!!! Oduduwas are know for their men to go about extorting money from strangers, drinking shepe,paraga and bleeping secondary school girls and their women for gossips,shakara ......igbos known for their men and women hustle, academic wise and the other hustle (business etc) proudly onye Igbo!!!! We rock!!!

4 Likes

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by MrHenshaw: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
chimere66:
On December 16th 2016, despite much doubt and discouragement, Christine Izuakor humbly earned the right to be called Dr. Izuakor. She graduated with a PhD in Security Engineering and became the youngest & first African American at her university to do so.

In the same year, Christine became the Vice President and co-founder of Gen Trend at United Airlines. She was published in numerous international journals, and traveled to 19 cities across 10 countries - all while working a full-time job on the cyber security team of a Fortune 100 company, in which she recently received a promotion. Talk about a female powerhouse!

Her words; “I started my PhD program at age 23 and at the time was told I was too young, too naive and too inexperienced to contribute anything to my industry. But, I stood by my dream and turned doubt into motivation. To anyone who has been taught that it’s unrealistic to dream, I assure you that it’s indeed okay to dream big. With hard work and dedication, we can defy all odds and shatter ceilings. Dare to dream, and be brave enough to execute.”

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/meet-christine-izuakor27-yr-old.html?m=1

Great Job Dr.Izuakor.@ ops d university doesn't have name abi.

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by mikolo80: 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
chimere66:
On December 16th 2016, despite much doubt and discouragement, Christine Izuakor humbly earned the right to be called Dr. Izuakor. She graduated with a PhD in Security Engineering and became the youngest & first African American at her university to do so.

In the same year, Christine became the Vice President and co-founder of Gen Trend at United Airlines. She was published in numerous international journals, and traveled to 19 cities across 10 countries - all while working a full-time job on the cyber security team of a Fortune 100 company, in which she recently received a promotion. Talk about a female powerhouse!

Her words; “I started my PhD program at age 23 and at the time was told I was too young, too naive and too inexperienced to contribute anything to my industry. But, I stood by my dream and turned doubt into motivation. To anyone who has been taught that it’s unrealistic to dream, I assure you that it’s indeed okay to dream big. With hard work and dedication, we can defy all odds and shatter ceilings. Dare to dream, and be brave enough to execute.”

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/meet-christine-izuakor27-yr-old.html?m=1
those legs

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by davide470(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
CoCoLav:

Na wa!

Come and open my head and put the book inside shocked angry
Lol. I believe in you.
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
This is the kind of LADY , I want to Lavish my SEAMEN on
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by mavister(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
softMarket:
Why always ibo pple......why

Always breaking records in foreign land!

In drugs-we will hear that malaysia arrested chinedu with drugs worth 2m,and the next day chibuzor will break chinedu's record by smugling drugs worth 20m!!....why? grin grin

In education- igbo girls will be collecting first class in degree and Phd"s programs anyhow, like say na beans and Garri ....why grin grin

In nigeria now....igbo man will be spraying 2m in somebody's wedding......why?....is there not reccession in the land again? grin grin

Ifeanyi uba will just be sending pple to westham,england to go and watch football.......why?.........how much is dollar? Is it 20naira?...grin ....ifeanyi uba no dey fear recession? grin

FG will be cutting workers salary and Anambra states is busy increasing workers salary!!....why??...........is Anambra state not afraid of Nigeria again? grin grin.

30 states are owing workers and Anambra state don't have fear to join other states and owe workers!.......are they mad? grin grin. Why won't they join the moving trainof oweing workers? cheesy

Even Rochas completed a fly over last month after 6 years under constrution!........where did he get the money?

If u want to see how serious Nigerian army is, wear IPOD polo and go and protest!.....thats when u will see that Nigeria soldiers are stronger than US and Russian army combined together!..........why?....IPOD brings out the best in Nigeria army!!.......grin grin grin

Well said, but then I think its IPOB not IPOD or IPAD..

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Debra911(f): 10:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
wintersnow:

Omg you're sexy
Thank You
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by softMarket(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
mavister:

Well said, but then I think its IPOB not IPOD or IPAD..

Yeah.....its IPOB!.....I made a mistake!
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by softMarket(m): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
Debra911:
Thank You

That guy is lying to you!!......
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
pxjosh:
Ọ na-enye m ọṅụ na-anụ m Igbo ụmụnna eme ịkpa n'ụwa nile. ụfọdụ ndị nwere ike na-amasị na nke a, ma gịnị ka anyị ga-eme banyere ya?
Google translation finished you undecided Try harder cos what you wrote has no Igbo meaning embarassed

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Anago5000: 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
menstrualpad:

she's a Nigerian. deal with it.

drug pushers are Biafrans.... but people like her are Nigerians. kudos to her
afonja with tiger claws.wetin concern you sekmlf?

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Ophilabraham: 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lol!!! Na so education tey good reach!!!
I dey start school this yeaar!!!!
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Ishilove: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
Those bimbos showing off their oversized _boobs, buttocks and witchcraft fingernails on social media need to read this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
sirOrubebe:
Izuakor... Is it not an Edo name? undecided

No na fulani name.. . Ewu

2 Likes

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Ishilove: 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
softMarket:
Why always ibo pple......why

Always breaking records in foreign land!

In drugs-we will hear that malaysia arrested chinedu with drugs worth 2m,and the next day chibuzor will break chinedu's record by smugling drugs worth 20m!!....why? grin grin

In education- igbo girls will be collecting first class in degree and Phd"s programs anyhow, like say na beans and Garri ....why grin grin

In nigeria now....igbo man will be spraying 2m in somebody's wedding......why?....is there not reccession in the land again? grin grin

Ifeanyi uba will just be sending pple to westham,england to go and watch football.......why?.........how much is dollar? Is it 20naira?...grin ....ifeanyi uba no dey fear recession? grin

FG will be cutting workers salary and Anambra states is busy increasing workers salary!!....why??...........is Anambra state not afraid of Nigeria again? grin grin.

30 states are owing workers and Anambra state don't have fear to join other states and owe workers!.......are they mad? grin grin. Why won't they join the moving trainof oweing workers? cheesy

Even Rochas completed a fly over last month after 6 years under constrution!........where did he get the money?

If u want to see how serious Nigerian army is, wear IPOD polo and go and protest!.....thats when u will see that Nigeria soldiers are stronger than US and Russian army combined together!..........why?....IPOD brings out the best in Nigeria army!!.......grin grin grin

Nigerians don craze finish

1 Like

Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
In Nigeria, one of the very difficult situations students
find themselves in is securing admission into tertiary
institutions of learning.
Hence, the reason many resort to part time
education as a means of catching up with their
peers who were lucky enough to advance ahead
of them.
But there are some people who have been
exceptional in their endeavours and have
managed to emerge as doctorate degree holders
at the early stage of their lives.
A list of Nigeria's youngest five PhD holders has
A list of Nigeria's youngest PhDs has been compiled by
Nigerian scholars and it is presented be5. Dr Olabisi Adeyemi (Age: 26)
This young intellectual earned her PhD in Botany
from the University of Lagos. Though she had
maintained a track record of academic success
right from her secondary school, she
acknowledged that having a PhD at her age, and
the record of being the best graduating Pstudent, did not come easy.
Born in Lagos Island local government of Lagos
state, Dr. Adeyemi attended Girls’ Academy, L/
Island where she was the best student in WAEC,
with seven distinctions. She proceeded to
University of Lagos and graduated with a first
class degree in botany in 2006. She completeher PhD in record time in 2012.
4. Dr Opeyemi Shodipe (Age: 25)
This young Nigerian scholar received her
bachelor’s degree at 19, from Babcock University.
After the mandatory NYSC programme, she
entered for a masters at University of Ibadan,
graduating best in her department. She capped it
with a well-deserved doctorate degree in
information science from her alma matBabcock University when she was 25.
3. Dr Salihu Dasuki Nakande (Age: 25)
Born in October 1987, he is one of Nigeria’s
youngest PhD holders, and arguably the
youngest in northern Nigeria. He graduated with
a first class degree in information technology
from Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU),
North Cyprus at 21. Dr. Salihu completed his
Master’s degree at Brunel University, UK. He
capped it with a PhD from the same university in
2. Dr Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Age: 24)
Acclaimed as one of Africa’s youngest PhD
holders, Olaoluwa is a spectacular Nigerian
intellectual and scholar, because of his
achievements. He entered university for a
bachelor’s degree at 15. He earned two B.Sc
degrees in mathematics and physics, from
University of Bangui, Central African Republic
(CAR), run simultaneously. He received his
master’s degree from the same university.
He crowned it with a PhD in mathematics at the
University of Lagos, Akoka, where he was the
best graduating PhD student. Dr. Olaoluwa H.
Oluwadara won University of Bangui’s all-time
best student award from the department of
mathematics, best BSc student award in physics,
2007 and best MSc awards in physics and
mathematics respectively in 2008. He currently is
a research fellow of the Mathematical Analysis
and Optimisation Research Group.
1. Dr Nkemehule Karl Omebere-Iyari (Age: 22)
Here we have the leader of the pack. A colossus
of intellectual ingenuity. Dr. Omebere-Iyari,
received his PhD in chemical engineering from
University of Nottingham, UK, in 2006, then aged
22. This amazing Nigerian, an old student of
Kings College, Lagos had 8 As in his WAEC result
at age 16.
He proceeded the same year to Oxbridge, Ikeja,
where he wrote and passed his A-levels, scoring
‘A’ in physics, chemistry and mathematics. He
entered the University of Nottingham
immediately and graduated three years later
with a first class degree in Chemical Engineering
at 19 in 2003.
He was also the best graduating student in
chemical engineering that year. With a
university scholarship, Omebere-Iyari wasted no
time, and pursued his PhD. He received a EU
grant of €17,000 every year, and finished his
doctorate in the record time of three years,
specializing in multi-phase flow. Omebere-Iyari
has distinguished himself as an exceptionally
gifted Nigerian.
Since graduation, he has worked with many
multinational corporations such as Shell,
Halliburton, etc. He earned an MBA with
distinction from INSEAD/Wharton, and is a
member of many professional groups.
Re: Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Now knock yourself out, those are the youngest PhD holders in Nigeria, the oldest is even 26 years old, when we say Yoruba leads and Igbo's follow, we are sure of what we mean and we mean what we say. Yoruba Amaka!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW / The Ten Deadliest Animals In Africa / Adooh Emmanuel Wins Covenant University In Court After Expulsion For "Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.