Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

End Time: Lone Hacker Breaks Into Google Brazil’s Security, Defaces Domain - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / End Time: Lone Hacker Breaks Into Google Brazil’s Security, Defaces Domain (453 Views)

Hacker Needed Urgently / Hire A Hacker Here / Become A Hacker With These 20 Tips For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

End Time: Lone Hacker Breaks Into Google Brazil’s Security, Defaces Domain by CodecJay(m): 10:11am On Jan 05, 2017
Ever since I got to know what google search engine is all about and its power and authority on the internet. I kept on asking myself, “is it even possible for the search engine to be hacked?”

Finally, it happened, and just like a movie, the news sounded more like a Hollywood film trick to me. But is was 100% real.

On Tuesday, a hacker by the online name of “Kuroi’SH” hacked and defaced the official Google Brazil domain.

He left a defaced page along with a message that reads:

“IT IS A GREAT MOMENT TO DIE. HACKED BY KUROI’SH! TWO GOOGLE AT ONCE, I DON’T EVEN CARE; F**K THE JEALOUS HATES SUCH AS NOFAWKX. TWO GOOGLE AT ONCE WORLD RECORD IDGAF cheesy. GREETS TO MY FRIENDS PROSOX & SHINOBI H4XOR.”

The page was up for more than 30 minutes before the issue was resolved and now the page has been restored:

According to an exclusive conversation with Kuroi’SH via Hackread:

“Google Brazil was defaced to show the world everything can be hacked and we should not underestimate our security risks.”

In another story, Google Brazil fully acknowledged the defacement of the domain but denied the Google Brazil being hacked “Google has not been hacked. But DNS servers may have suffered an attack, redirecting to other sites.” That was what google posted on their Twitter handle.

We've got a video that will show you how everything happened. Follow the source to watch the video

According to Hackread, this is not the first time hackers have toiled with Google’s service, In this similar hijacking case that took place last month and disrupted access to Google’s Bangladesh homepage.

Source: http://geekshelm.com/google-brazil-hacked/
Re: End Time: Lone Hacker Breaks Into Google Brazil’s Security, Defaces Domain by psucc(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2017
When things like this happens to security conscious Nations, I pity Nigeria. The day it go happen, hmmmm . . .
Re: End Time: Lone Hacker Breaks Into Google Brazil’s Security, Defaces Domain by lordm(m): 10:53am On Jan 05, 2017
They will soon blame Putin and Russia

(1) (Reply)

Review On Propeller Ads / 2 Years Blog Anniversary Giveaway: Free Blog Design And Free Blog Consultation / Learn How To Develop Websites With 5k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.