Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born (6408 Views)

Prophet Kumchacha: Women Who Scream God's Name During Sex Will End Up In Hell / Believe Right And You Will Live Right - Olamide Obire / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
i have been a constant guest on Nairaland before i joined, i really don't know if to appreciate this forum
i have read many topics on this forum from politics to romance to religion
i have had issues with Christianity at a very young age when my Sunday school teacher taught about Elijah killing 42 children through a bear because they abuse him (i must confess i have not been too good with my grand parent then)

Coming to nairaland made my shaky believe collapse without fear
What i have notice about ALL religion is their survival purely based of afterlife bliss or destruction

This made me constantly think that if our soul/spirit (if they exist) was immortal: when was it created, anything that has a beginning must have an end

do i exist before my parent get married or my existence started simply on that fateful night my parent had super-fun,
if i exist before then: when and in what form
if i do not exist before time, how can i believe i am going to exist in an everlasting hell/heaven

too much effort is put in by atheist/theist about where we are and we are not going but nobody cares about where we come from before birth
i believe if nobody can give me reasonable explanation: i will have no choice than to believe that we do not exist before birth and so can't exist after death (so painful, hence our consolation of creating a better and more palatable concept of heaven and hell )
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by TheOtherRoom: 2:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
I started to question religion generally @ a very tender age ..... This question is the absolute key to understanding what earth really is, reincarnation and indeed exposing religion as spurious or contrived.

1. Every soul existed before "EARTHLY BIRTH'' and will still be existing after death....
2.the earth is a play ground and you are here to entertain.
3. Heaven or Hell is a religious construct without empirical evidence.
4. If you existed before birth or earthly life, why would it be that earth is the junction where you choose between heaven or hell according to religion ?
The soul is external

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Realist1(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:
i have been a constant guest on Nairaland before i joined, i really don't know if to appreciate this forum
i have had issues with Christianity at a very young age when my Sunday school teacher taught about Elijah killing 42 children through a bear because they abuse him (i must confess i have not been too good with my grand parent then)

What i have notice about ALL religion is their survival purely based of afterlife bliss or destruction

This made me constantly think that if our soul/spirit (if they exist) was immortal: when was it created, anything that has a beginning must have an end

do i exist before my parent get married or my existence started simply on that fateful night my parent had super-fun,
if i do not exist before time, how can i believe i am going to exist in an everlasting hell/heaven

too much effort is put in by atheist/theist about where we are and we are not going but nobody cares about where we come from before birth
i believe if nobody can give me reasonable explanation: i will have no choice than to believe that we do not exist before birth and so can't exist after death (so painful, hence our consolation of creating a better and more palatable concept of heaven and hell )

Atheists have asked that question before na. If we didn't exist before we were born then why should we exist after we are dead? For me that very question is what made me finally realise I have been fooled and brainwashed since childhood by religion. Our forefathers have been obsessed with the issue of afterlife. We were born by the association of billions of atoms to form a baby ,hence we also die by the disassociation of the billions of atoms to form food for plants and animals.Everything in the universe gets built from ground up from atoms ,gets destroyed/transformed to form another thing or serve another purpose or function.Sometimes, I wonder what belief systems Aliens have too,because I'm mighty sure they exist.We are not special in the universe ,we are made up of thesame thing as everything in the universe.Everything in the universe is made up of Atoms!

Why should a Boko Haram member or a Fulani Herdsman be killing people ,even babies without any shred of evidence of the promised 70 Virgins smiling at him from their heaven? Religions thrive on the gullibility of the mind.
As far as I know proper reasoning through science and the other means is what has made our lives better and brought mankind this far. Heck, I know solid reasoning is what brought about the phone and the internet we use to communicate now.Maybe if we hadn't been around to experience it ourselves they might say religion made it.

5 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by TheOtherRoom: 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven
Where was I Before I Was Born ??

This was the same question I asked at a very tender age
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by hopefulLandlord: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
Interesting question
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:

do you mind sharing what your derived/perceived answers are
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by TheOtherRoom: 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

do you mind sharing what your derived/perceived answers are
Live your life to the fullest but try to understand your soul... The soul speaks to us even in decision making

1 Like

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by butterflylion: 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

Its a pleasure to lose you. Now go on, chuu chuu
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by hopefulLandlord: 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
butterflylion:
undecided

3 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2017
butterflylion:

you can do better by talking about the issues raised (sorry I don't know a more polite way of requesting)

6 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

Your mind has been made up already, so any reason given to you now will just be a waste of time. So, i will say, goodluck for choosing atheism.

If you were neutral, we would have had a sweet convo, but right now? Nahh.
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Anas09:

Your mind has been made up already, so any reason given to you now will just be a waste of time. So, i will say, goodluck for choosing atheism.

do you read the last bolded paragraph?

anyone can be converted from any believe to another

but NOT by using implied-force or threat (I am allergic to them)

2 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Ranchhoddas: 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
How do you know his mind has been made up?
Even if it were, do you not think that your answers(if you have any that is) might be useful to some other person; perhaps a guest viewer?
Anas09:

4 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by dorox(m): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

The bible teaches that all life comes from God, without Him none can be alife. After the sin of Adam and Eve, God told them that from dust the were and to dust they shall return. In other words, they were nothing before He gave them life and at death they shall return to their initial lifeless state.
Immortality on the other hand is a gift from God to His faithful servants.
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Wilgrea7(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:

The soul speaks to us even in decision making

I've heard this statement before... but how exactly does the soul speak in stuffs like that
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Wilgrea7(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

hello... from the Christian stand point, i don't feel the soul is immortal... the soul will be judged and rewarded/punished according to its deeds.... i personally feel immortality is a gift from God as only God hath true immortality... the rest souls and even angels seem to possess “conditional immortality"..... meaning they are not truly immortal and can be destroyed if the creator deems it fit

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

so to answer your question straight up, we were not existing before we were born.... and the very basis of our attaining immortality will be concluded on judgement day.... many Christians may not agree with this... so take it as just my opinion
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:
I started to question religion generally @ a very tender age ..... This question is the absolute key to understanding what earth really is, reincarnation and indeed exposing religion as spurious or contrived.

1. Every soul existed before "EARTHLY BIRTH'' and will still be existing after death....
2.the earth is a play ground and you are here to entertain.
3. Heaven or Hell is a religious construct without empirical evidence.
4. If you existed before birth or earthly life, why would it be that earth is the junction where you choose between heaven or hell according to religion ?
The soul is external
It will be better if you are specific. When guys come up talking about a blanketted concept like religion, they totally get lost

Let's check the points you raised.

Am a Christian, so will answer you based on my back ground.

Your number 1.

No soul existed before creation. If you say the Bible says so, pls give me a scripture backing that up.

God created Adam from Dust. He created them fully grown adults. He brought them forth at the age they were riped enough to carry out His command of " Have a lot of Children, Fill the Earth with people... GoodNews Bible. Gen 1:28.

Jehovah Elohim, "The God who Creates, according to his indeterminate Counsel, decided to create a man the age he created him and decided that man begins having sex to procreate and to fill the earth with other human beings.

So, there was no pre existence of man, but man brought an end to himself by Himself. By dying into sin. Sin brought death.

Point 2.
No, the earth is not a play ground. God wasn't out of ideas when he decided to create earth and put man in it.

Lets see Gods intent and purpose when He created man. The earth was already finished and perfect before man arrived.

Gen. 1: 26. Then, the Lord God said; " Let Us make man in our image, according to our Likeness. Let them have DOMINION over the fish of the sea, births of the air, and animals in the Field.

Cool down and look.

God created the earth by Himself, without the help of man. Infact man was the last to arrive earth. Now, God brings man forth and says, Take over the earth, DOMINATE OVER IT. Rule it. Take control. Have authority and take charge of everything that happens therein.

What do you think?
Disect the word DOMINION, you'd find the word DOMIAN.

What this means is that, God created a DOMAIN and gave to Adam to DOMINATE.

Well, I know, i don't know about you, that, another word for DOMAIN IS KINGDOM. Kingdom stands for "KING+DOMAIN.

How do you DOMINATE a DOMAIN if you are not a King of that DOMAIN?

SO, It is ovbious that God's original intent was for man to be king of the earth. NOT PLAY ON EARTH. BEING KING IS SERIOUS WORK.

When God created man, the first thing he gave to man, was the Kingdom of the earth, to rule and reign over it.

God didn't just give him a kingdom without power to rule it. He said, "Let them have dominion". Meaning, " allow them, do not interfer with how they decide to pilot the affairs of earth.

What is a Kingdom?
It's a sovereign rule of a Kiing over a realm/ territory, impacting it with his Will, Purpose, and Intent.

The Kingdom of the Earth was to be an extention of the Kingdom of heaven. God being the head of Man, and Man being the head of other creatures on earth. (Not the head of another man) God said, LET THEM, NOT LET HIM)
This is God's intent and Purpose.

This Kingdom was not a religion.

God never gave Adam a religion, He gave him a Kingdom. This Kingdom is the government of Heaven.
Man was to execute God's will over the earth,

It means God's jurisdiction esterblished, Heaven's influenced. It was suppose to be heaven on earth.

ThEN ThE rEbelIiOn.

THIS IS WHERE IT ALL CHANGED. Whether you believe it or not, what you, and all others are doing right here is what Adam did back then.

Nothing has changed. Man has never changed.

REBELLION... Disobidience to be under God's rule.

Adam, declared i dependence.

Why its deciet, (i mean Man was decieved by the enemy) is that, Adam didn't know anything else other than what he knew. He didnt know he could lose his Kingdom.

The Fall came with the loss of his PURPOSE, HIS ASSIGNMENT, & HIS CALLING.

His fall created an unease inside of him. It created a vaccum, fear and discontent.

The PART OF HIM WHICH CONNECTED HIM WITH HIS CREATOR WAS GONE, DISCONNECTED.

When man disconnected himself from his creator, Satan stepped in and took over the kingdom of the earth.

Satan rebbeled with the hope of having his own Kingdom, but after he was cast out of heaven, he discovered there was no Kingdom anywhere, so, when man was created, he gunned to take it over, he succedded for a time though.

When man saw that he was begging for what belonged to him before, he sort to have his kingdom back.

The quest began. When he reached out, who did he meet? The same satan who decietfully stole his Kingdom.

Satan began requesting for man to perform rituals to appease.

God ever demanded reituals from Man any day.

Rituals brought about Religion. For reiligion comes from rituals.

MAN CREATED RELIGION FOR HIMSELF. GOD DID NOT GIVE HIM ANY RELIGION.

If you disagree, then bring up your rebuttal.

From then henceforth, man embarked on a quest to find God with the hope of getting reinstated as the King of the earth, but Satan has taken over.

If you read the Bible, From Adam to Jesus, God always came to man. Man was never to look for God. If you look for God, satan will present himself to you.

God looked for Adam.

God looked for Abraham.
God looked for Moses,
God looked for all the prophets.

God is looking for you today in the Person of Jesus Christ.

When Christ came, what was the very first thing he said to Man?

REPENT for the KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

Which Kingsom is Christ talking about?

What man has been looking for from Adam, Christ came to give it back, BUT YOU FIGHT HIM AND INSULT HIM.

READ your Bible, you'd find out that, Jesus never talked about any Religion, but about THE KINGDOM.

To us, he said, SEEK YE FIRST THE kingdom AND ITS RIGHTEOUSNESS, THEN...

CHECK, ITS HAS BEEN BETWEEN A KING AND HIS kingdom.

MAN couldn't get to God to get back his Kingdom. Christ came down to give you back the Kingdom, NOT A.RELIGION

THIS IS WHY I SAY, CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION.

Man has created a religion for Himself with Satan and his demons, as the head of all the world's religions.

Man has continually made a mess of governing himself since the Fall. Look around you and see.

Atheism is SELF GOVERNANCE.

Your POINT 3.
What do you mean by 'Religious construct?'

Your Point 4. You said...
If you existed before birth or earthly life, why would it be that earth is the junction where you choose between heaven or hell according to religion ?

I SAY...

You didn't exist before earthly life. YOU WERE CREATED.

The reason you choose either way, is because you chose to declare independence from heaven in the first place.

You willingly went away, you must also willingly choose to return.

You declared indepence from God, so, deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:

How did you know that you may go to hell or heaven?
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by TheOtherRoom: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
Anas09:

How did you know that may go to hell or heaven?
Go through my first post and ponder over it.... You will find d answer
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by TheOtherRoom: 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
Anas09 for your info am well versed in
Israelite History and Religion. Your analysis is filled with wild and open arguments not properly guarded... If man is the king over the earth, how do you explain the demons or the Lucifer and its constant war with god??

Try to study 1 samuel 28:7 would and Jeremiah 1:5
Might give you some insight since the Bible is your yard stick

2 Likes

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
dorox:

The bible teaches that all life comes from God, without Him none can be alife. After the sin of Adam and Eve, God told them that from dust the were and to dust they shall return. In other words, they were nothing before He gave them life and at death they shall return to their initial lifeless state.
Immortality on the other hand is a gift from God to His faithful servants.

sorry to bother you but I don't still understand
if all life (I don't mean human body) comes from God, did God created the life during human sexual activities or he already have billions or fixed amount of life and simply reward human sexual activities with them considering all sperm has life: either they make it or not
where was life or state of life before God gave them to human
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by butterflylion: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
Anas09:

It will be better if you are specific. When guys come up talking about a blanketted concept like religion, they totally get lost

Let's check the points you raised.

Am a Christian so will answer you based on my back ground.

Your number 1.
No soul existed before creation. If you say the Bible says so, pls give me a scripture backing that up.

God created Adam from Dust. He created them fully grown adults. The brought them forth at the age they were riped enough to carry out His command of " Have a lot of Children, Fill the Earth with people... GoodNews Bible. Gen 1:28.

Jehovah Elohim, "The God who Creates, according to his indeterminate Counsel,l decided to create a man the age he created him and decided that man begins having sex to procreate others to fill the earth with other human beings.

So, there was no pre existence of man, but man brought an end to himself by Himself.

Point 2.

No, the earth is not a play ground. God wasn't out of ideas when he decided to create earth and put man in it.

Lets see Gods intent and purpose when He created man and put in the already finished perfect Earth.

Gen. 1: 26. Then, the Lord God said; " Let Us make man in our image, according to our Likeness. Let them have DOMINION over the fish of the sea, births of the air, and animals in the Field.

Cool down and look.

God created the earth by Himself, without the help of man. Infact man was the last to arrive earth. Now, God brings man forth and says, Take over the earth, DOMINATE OVER IT. Rule it. Take control. Have authority and take charge of everything that happens therein.

What do you think?
Disect the word DOMINION, you'd find the word DOMIAN.

What this means is that, God created a DOMAIN and gave to Adam to DOMINATE. I know, i don't know about you, that, another word for DOMAIN IS KINGDOM

How do you DOMINATE a DOMAIN if you are not a King of that DOMAIN?

SO, It is ovbious that God's original intent was for man to be king of the earth.

When God created man, the first thing he gave to man, was the Kingdom of the earth, to rule and reign over it.

God didnt just give him a kingdom without paower to rule it. He said, "Let them have dominion". Meaning, " allow them, do not interfer with how they decide to pilot the affairs of earth.

What is a Kingdom?
Its a sovereign rule of a Ki g over a realm/ territory, impacting it witj his Will, Purpose, and Intent.

The Kingdom of the Earth was to be an extention of the Kingdom of heaven. God being the head of Man, and Man being the head of other creatures on earth.
This is God's intent and Purpose.

This Kingdom was not a religion.

God never gave Adam a religion, He gave him a Kingdom. This Kingdom is the government of Heaven.
Man was to execute God's will over the earth,

It means God's jurisdiction esterblished, Heaven's influenced. It was suppose to be heaven on earth.

ThEN ThE rEbelIiOn.

THIS IS WHERE IT ALL CHANGED. Whether you believe it or not, what you, and all others are doing right here is what Adam did back then.

Nothing has changed. Man has never changed.

REBELLION... Disobidience to be under God's rule.

Adam, declared i dependence.

Why its deciet, (i mean Man was decieved by the enemy) is that, Adam didn't know anything else other than what he knew. He didnt know he could lose his Kingdom.

The Fall came with the loss of his PURPOSE, HIS ASSIGNMENT, & HIS CALLING.

His fall created an unease inside of him. It created a vaccum, fear and discontent.

The PART OF HIM WHICH CONNECTED HIM WITH HIS CREATOR WAS GONE, DISCONNECTED.

When man disconnected himself from his creator, Satan stepped in and took over the kingdom of the earth.

Satan rebbeled with the hope of having his own Kingdom, but after he was cast out of heaven, he discovered there was no Kingdom anywhere, so, when man was created, he gunned to take it over, he succedded for a time though.

When man saw that he was begging for what belonged to him before, he sort to have his kingdom back.

The quest began. When he reached out, who did he meet? The same satan who decietfully stole his Kingdom.

Satan began requesting for man to perform rituals to appease.

God ever demanded reituals from Man any day.

Rituals brought about Religion. For reiligion comes from rituals.

MAN CREATED RELIGION FOR HIMSELF. GOD DID NOT GIVE HIM ANY RELIGION.

If you disagree, then bring up your rebuttal.

From then henceforth, man embarked on a quest to find God with the hope of getting reinstated as the King of the earth, but Satan has taken over.

If you read the Bible, From Adam to Jesus, God always came to man. Man was never to look for God. If you look for God, satan will present himself to you.

God looked for Adam.

God looked for Abraham.
God looked for Moses,
God looked for all the prophets.

God is looking for you today in the Person of Jesus Christ.

When Christ came, what was the very first thing he said to Man?

REPENT for the KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND.

Which Kingsom is Christ talking about?

What man has been looking for from Adam, Christ came to give it back, BUT YOU FIGHT HIM AND INSULT HIM.

READ your Bible, you'd find out that, Jesus never talked about any Religion, but about THE KINGDOM.

To us, he said, SEEK YE FIRST THE kingdom AND ITS RIGHTEOUSNESS, THEN...

CHECK, ITS HAS BEEN BETWEEN A KING AND HIS kingdom.

MAN couldn't get to God to get back his Kingdom. Christ came down to give you back the Kingdom, NOT A.RELIGION

THIS IS WHY I SAY, CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION.

Man has created a religion for Himself with Satan and his demons, as the head of all the world's religions.

Man has continually made a mess of governing himself since the Fall. Look around you and see.

Atheism is SELF GOVERNANCE.

Your POINT 3.
What do you mean by 'Religious construct?'

Your Point 4. You said...
If you existed before birth or earthly life, why would it be that earth is the junction where you choose between heaven or hell according to religion ?

I SAY...

You didn't exist before earthly life. YOU WERE CREATED.

The reason you choose either way, is because you chose to declare independence from heaven in the first place.

You willingly went away, you must also willingly choose to return.

You declared indepence from God, so, deal with it.

Need i say more?
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
How do you know his mind has been made up?
Even if it were, do you not think that your answers(if you have any that is) might be useful to some other person; perhaps a guest viewer?
Well, i have answered someone else, so whoever is interested to go read it. Its a long read. Its unfortunate guys are lazy and won't read.
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Wilgrea7:

I've heard this statement before... but how exactly does the soul speak in stuffs like that
Good question.
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
Wilgrea7:

hello... from the Christian stand point, i don't feel the soul is immortal... the soul will be judged and rewarded/punished according to its deeds.... i personally feel immortality is a gift from God as only God hath true immortality... the rest souls and even angels seem to possess “conditional immortality"..... meaning they are not truly immortal and can be destroyed if the creator deems it fit

1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

so to answer your question straight up, we were not existing before we were born.... and the very basis of our attaining immortality will be concluded on judgement day.... many Christians may not agree with this... so take it as just my opinion
Bros, when you say "I personally Feel". Is it becos the Bible says nothing about that issue?
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:
Israelite History and Religion. Your analysis is filled with wild and open arguments not properly guarded... If man is the king over the earth, how do you explain the demons or the Lucifer ??

Try to study 1 samuel 28:7 would and
You are verse in the scriptures and you asked me this? Seriously?
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:

Go through my first post and ponder over it.... You will find d answer
Guy, see why i said i don't want to waste my time?

This is a guy versed on Scriptures yet doesnt know how Lucifer and demons came to be. SMH on people who profess to be Christians.
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
TheOtherRoom:
Israelite History and Religion. Your analysis is filled with wild and open arguments not properly guarded... If man is the king over the earth, how do you explain the demons or the Lucifer and its constant war with god??

Try to study 1 samuel 28:7 would and Jeremiah 1:5
Might give you some insight since the Bible is your yard stick
Sir, am not versed in religion, am not a religious person, i try to read my Bible which i know and believe is the constitution of the earth. I study my faith and try to depend on the Holy Spirit for guidance to understand what the word of God says.

Maybe you shd tell us what 1Sam 28:7 and Jere 1:5 says. And pls relate it to the Op.
Shalom
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Wilgrea7(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
Anas09:

Bros, when you say "I personally Feel". Is it becos the Bible says nothing about that issue?

actually.... no.... i said it so that people who don't agree with it can take it as my personal opinion.... so that they won't chop my head off... I've studied the bible and i came to the conclusion that we're not immortal and only God can give immortality and it is to be given to the people that prevail... but I've learnt from my past mistake... I'm not going to call contrary doctrines false even if I'm approaching the question from a Christian standpoint cuz I've read letters, although not in the bible and few in the bible that hint different afterlives... i won't generalise tho... i still take the afterlife as what it really is.... a mystery... that's why i indicated i was coming from a Christian standpoint...
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by Anas09: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
Wilgrea7:

actually.... no.... i said it so that people who don't agree with it can take it as my personal opinion.... so that they won't chop my head off... I've studied the bible and i came to the conclusion that we're not immortal and only God can give immortality and it is to be given to the people that prevail... but I've learnt from my past mistake... I'm not going to call contrary doctrines false even if I'm approaching the question from a Christian standpoint cuz I've read letters, although not in the bible and few in the bible that hint different afterlives... i won't generalise tho... i still take the afterlife as what it really is.... a mystery... that's why i indicated i was coming from a Christian standpoint...
Okay.
But, let me ask, When the Lord said, "Let us make man in Our Likeness", what did He mean by that?", Remember He had said, Let us Make man in our image, before making them in Their Likeness.

What is that likeness?
Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by shadeyinka(m): 7:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
oluwaseyi000:
i have been a constan

[/b][/color]

Before you were born, you existed NOT!
You were created when your parents decided to have you. One of the mandate and powers given by God to humans is reproducing spirit beings who are similar to them yet totally INDEPENDENT from them.

A spirit being (which you are) never ever dies. He exists fully either in Physical or Non Physical form. Your spirit is the invisible copy of the physical you. Your Soul/Mind is an intermediary between your Body and Spirit.

Life if completely meaningless if it ends here on earth. You could as well be a Shina-Rambo robbing Banks, Live fast and Die Trying.

However, there is time for everything!
After this time allotted to you, Judgement by the Chief Spirit- GOD.

Time exists only in the physical realm.

1 Like

Re: If I Will Live Forever Either In Hell Or Heaven, Where Am I Before I Was Born by MizJanet(f): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
shadeyinka:

Before you were born, you existed NOT!
You were created when your parents decided to have you. One of the mandate and powers given by God to humans is reproducing spirit beings who are similar to them yet totally INDEPENDENT from them.

A spirit being (which you are) never ever dies
. He exists fully either in Physical or Non Physical form. Your spirit is the invisible copy of the physical you. Your Soul/Mind is an intermediary between your Body and Spirit.

Life if completely meaningless if it ends here on earth. You could as well be a Shina-Rambo robbing Banks, Live fast and Die Trying.

However, there is time for everything!
After this time allotted to you, Judgement by the Chief Spirit- GOD.

Time exists only in the physical realm.

For the bold to be valid, you must accept that Jesus didnt die for anyone , going by your logic he was a Spirit being who can never die when he walked the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rccg Convention Live On Tv / Can Atheists Give Us A Natural Explanation To The Origin Of Nature / God's Work On Man: The Pastor Nick Vujicic And Family Story (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.