Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents (2291 Views)

'One Million Boys' Storm Oworonshoki In Lagos. Youths Resist Them (Video, Photo) / Letter To '1 Million Boys' By Mushin Area Boys / One Million Boys Write Lagos: We Will Cut Off Your Hands If You Don’t Keep Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by gistyinka(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
Over the past few months, the notorious gang group '' One Millions Boys '' has been terrorizing the Ibadan and its environment, which led to several businesses and lives of the citizen at risked. According to eye-witness report, narrate how the notorious gang operate in the ancient city of Ibadan.

Kudeti, one of the most popular communities in Ibadan, Oyo state, houses the Cathedral Church of Saint David. Many successful Nigerians have lived in that community. The house of Adelabu Adegoke ‘Penkelemesi’, the late populist politician, is a stone’s throw from Adebipon Street, where ‘One Million Boys’, a notorious group, has recently turned to a ‘cathedral of violence’. Anytime they strike, the innocent residents and those who are unlucky to be at the right place at the wrong time always count their losses.

The crisis

Their base, which is opposite the Cathedral?, was always lively until tragedy struck, forcing many residents to leave their homes and abandon their shops for fear of being injured or killed.? The place is now like a graveyard.

On December 19, nobody had premonition that something bad was going to happen. At about 8 pm, while Muslims were almost ending the Ishai prayer, sounds of gunshots filled the air. Many could not wait till the end of their prayer.

A witness said the attackers arrived in a Micra car, one tricycle and more than five motorcycles. Some women later returned to pick their children. Innocent people were beaten and injured, shops and property were razed. While the operation lasted, the place became a no-go-area.

Eye Witness Report : How ‘One Million Boys’ are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents

The casualties

A hairdresser, who had returned to get some things from her shop, got a bullet on her shoulder. She died before help came her way. A fragile old man, who could not escape, also sustained injuries and died the next day.

One Sikiru Muftau, leader of a rival gang, was unlucky as the lower part of one of his hands was chopped off. Muftau died before the severed part could be located.

?While families of those who lost their lives are still mourning, those who shops were razed have started appealing to government to help them.

Ayodele Opeyemi, who could not hold back tears, explained that she lost everything she laboured for, to the incident.

“From where I was hiding, something was thrown into my shop. They shot at the thing and it ignited fire,” she said.

“?One of them ordered them to set all other shops ablaze. Every shop close to the place was razed. It was after a part of where we hid caught fire that we decided to find another escape route.”

?She displayed the remnants of the burnt N90,000 that she kept in the shop before the incident.

?Ayinla Adededji, a barber who was in his shop when the incident happened, revealed that petrol-soaked bread was thrown into his shop. He said he was unsure whether the police were aware initially when ?the groups clashed three weeks earlier.

“In preparation for the festive season, I used my savings and loans to renovate my salon: tiled the floor, bought two new generators and four new clippers but everything is gone,” he lamented.

“I am grateful to God that I escaped their bullets, which were shot sporadically.”

How the fight started

Another resident said the fight broke out after a rival gang, led by one Indomie, 29,refused to lead his boys to join the group. However, another person gave a different account.

“There was a guy from the ‘Indomie’ camp who was caught with a stolen phone,” he said.

“Though A-bila was not around, his boys ‘disciplined’ the guy. The guy later went to inform ‘Indomie’ about the punishment meted out to him. Indomie’ led his boys to a reprisal, but he suffered severe injuries and was in the hospital for more than two weeks.

?”When they first clashed, the elders settled it for them. Both of them, ‘A-bila and Indomie were invited at the ‘State’ ( short word for the State headquarters of the Oyo State National Union of Road Transport Workers, Olomi) and they resolved it. They are not members of the NURTW but they just decided to invite them so that peace will reign in the community. ?We never knew they were going to clash again until that evening.”

Adekunle Ajisebutu, spokesman of Oyo police command, said nine suspects had been arrested in connection with the incidents.

Breakdown of the groups

?Before 2014, Abiola?, who leads the gang, was relatively unknown. It was learnt that the Soka issue — the ritual killer’s den of kidnappers that was discovered in Ibadan — brought him to limelight. ‘A-bila’, as he is fondly called, led others to search for his missing motorcyclist friend. And he immediately became the leader with the ‘victory’ recorded.

“There was a time a rival gang came to fight them. While others ran away, ‘A-bila?’, who was almost the youngest of the gang, led his boys and they overpowered the ‘enemies’. Since then, he has been accorded the right to lead and speak on behalf of the group,” a resident who knew Abiola from childhood said, asking not to be named.

“He should be around 28. His father is late but he has a mother, though I don’t know where she lives.? He was not that violent when he was in secondary school; he attended St. Lukes. Grammar School, Molete.

“It was after he returned from Lagos that his popularity as a thug began to soar. He is the darling of many politicians. In fact, the ‘Golf 3? car he uses was bought for him by a politician. He has contacts. His wife just packed in.”

?Most of the boys in his camp, it was learnt, are those who had nowhere to go after the demise of late garrison commander of Oyo politics, Lamidi Adedibu, whose Molete residence is a distance of less than 10 minutes to the area. ?They are all between the ages of 18 and 30, most of them in secondary schools, terrorising their teachers and colleagues.

The source continued: “Anytime they go to ‘war’, they come back with guns and other dangerous objects seized from rival gangs. And their arsenal increases, thereby threatening a peaceful future. Every day, they buy new clothes, okadas and are boyfriends to many beautiful girls, hence they see it as a gainful enterprise. Younger ones living in the community see their behaviour as one to be emulated.

?”The group formed by Abiola is populated by like minds he brought them together from one junction to the other. ‘One-million boys’ has more than one sub-group — from Beere, Born Photo, Mapo, Idi-Aro and Isale-Asaka, Kudeti, Idi-Arere, Eleta, Odinjo, Modina etc. They are more than these and that is why they are referred to as ‘one-million boys’. I cannot give the precise number of its member but they are up to 100. A-bila is the leader.

“‘Indomie’ does not belong to Abe-igi. Abe-igi Aanu, has been in existence for long. ‘Indomie’ is not the leader in the place because they don’t have caucus. What they do at the ‘base’ is to drink alcohol and smoke marijuana. But since fight broke out, he has been made leader of the base.”

?An end in sight?

The State government, through Toye Arulogun, its commissioner for information, culture and tourism, has condemned the incident, threatening to use the full apparatus of government to deal with any individual who engages in any act that is inimical to the peace of the state.

But only time will tell if it’s just a threat or the police is indeed ready to incapacitate the ‘one million boys’.

Eye Witness Report : How ‘One Million Boys’ are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents

Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by tyav7: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by Kondomatic(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
Leaders of tomorrow
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by benedictnsi(m): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
Kondomatic:
Leaders of tomorrow

Na everyone be leaders of tomorrow
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by Cornerstone2020(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
Afonjas spotted .They have strong penchant for easy money , yahoo no do for them they add plus .
Shameless people no wonder poverty is prevailing through out their states except no man's land Lagos State

2 Likes

Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by agadez007(m): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Brown roof republican nor dey gree go school, they are dragging most illiterate tribe with Hausa/fulani

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by ArabMopol(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
people from that part of the world are known for their laziness, the time I will be busy with my business discussing with prospective clients or the time I will be busy at night relaxing with my family which time again will I have for nefarious activities, meanwhile I don't blame them but that wifeless bushy Afro gray hair professor,
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
Cornerstone2020:
Afonjas spotted .They have strong penchant for easy money , yahoo no do for them they add plus .
Shameless people no wonder poverty is prevailing through out their states except no man's land Lagos State
And who told you that lagos is no man's land, just because lagos accomodates your uncles and anties you think lagos is a no mans land you are a big fool!!!
You said poverty is prevailing in the south west what yet all your kinsmen are in the south west hustling and sending money made here to the east. Can you see that you are an ignorant fool!!
you said that yorubas have a penchant for easy money, we do yahoo, yahoo plus abi, what of your uncles in malasian, chinese, taiwanese,indonesian prisons that are awaiting their death sentences for dealing in hard drugs. All they have done is to bring shame to this country in the name of easy money.
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 9:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
agadez007:
Brown roof republican nor dey gree go school, they are dragging most illiterate tribe with Hausa/fulani
We no dey gree go school ba? So it is the igbo that are the most educated tribe in nigeria? Guy fear God oooo!!! Most of your kinsmen dont go to school all they ever want to do in their life is to sell spear parts in ladipo international market in lagos that is situated in the west!
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 9:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
ArabMopol:
people from that part of the world are known for their laziness, the time I will be busy with my business discussing with prospective clients or the time I will be busy at night relaxing with my family which time again will I have for nefarious activities, meanwhile I don't blame them but that wifeless bushy Afro gray hair professor,
So you are the hard worker right? you will be busy discussing with your clients, just listen to yourself, read the post and comment something that relates to the article and stop disgracing yourself!!!
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by agadez007(m): 11:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
dotman4real007:

We no dey gree go school ba? So it is the igbo that are the most educated tribe in nigeria? Guy fear God oooo!!! Most of your kinsmen dont go to school all they ever want to do in their life is to sell spear parts in ladipo international market in lagos that is situated in the west!
you are ignorant of the fact that most ladipo or trade fair guys are mostly University graduates,unfortunately we can't say the same for Yoruba Agberos and Agbo sellers who rarely speak English and are always yelling "owo mida"
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by ArabMopol(m): 6:57am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

So you are the hard worker right? you will be busy discussing with your clients, just listen to yourself, read the post and comment something that relates to the article and stop disgracing yourself!!!
majority of able men from that region are jobless and nuisance in the society , the wifeless professor caused all this menace
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 7:45am On Jan 06, 2017
agadez007:
you are ignorant of the fact that most ladipo or trade fair guys are mostly University graduates,unfortunately we can't say the same for Yoruba Agberos and Agbo sellers who rarely speak English and are always yelling "owo mida"
And your kinsmen dont do the same? So your kinsmen dont do agbero, go to onitsha and you wont be saying what you are saying. Mr man if you so much hate yoruba people then go to your state. No be by force to stay lagos. Idiot!
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 7:52am On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
majority of able men from that region are jobless and nuisance in the society , the wifeless professor caused all this menace
And all the people in your region all have jobs right? Yet they want to die here in lagos, did the professor force anyone to join any cult group? you need to stop this your tribal hatred because it wont help you at all.
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by Cornerstone2020(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

And who told you that lagos is no man's land, just because lagos accomodates your uncles and anties you think lagos is a no mans land you are a big fool!!!
You said poverty is prevailing in the south west what yet all your kinsmen are in the south west hustling and sending money made here to the east. Can you see that you are an ignorant fool!!
you said that yorubas have a penchant for easy money, we do yahoo, yahoo plus abi, what of your uncles in malasian, chinese, taiwanese,indonesian prisons that are awaiting their death sentences for dealing in hard drugs. All they have done is to bring shame to this country in the name of easy money.
The next time you call me names from your hunger ravished state of osun . Sango and ogun will fire your mouth. idiots una Don chop?
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by ArabMopol(m): 8:02am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

And all the people in your region all have jobs right? Yet they want to die here in lagos, did the professor force anyone to join any cult group? you need to stop this your tribal hatred because it wont help you at all.
yeah they have jobs and those that without jobs don't lazy around like those thugs in west, meanwhile my ppl in Lagos are hardworking and contribute 70% of Lagos state internal revenue, the wifeless professor has done more harm than good in the society... I expect him to condemn this act of terrorism in Yoruba land
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by George22016(m): 8:06am On Jan 06, 2017
Them plenty for guineas.tho where I smoke my SK I do meet some of them.the trick na no too look them too much for eye and talk small small.don't talk like someone e sure for

Me self get some of them for my back in case of fuckup.This people traced one guy on Facebook that posted on their page that they are fools.they av spiritual powers oo
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2017
Cornerstone2020:

The next time you call me names from your hunger ravished state of osun . Sango and ogun will fire your mouth. idiots una Don chop?
Ode i am not in osun, you need to update yourself on a daily basis, osun people have been paid their salaries and are now enjoying. See this fool ooo! You dey call Sango and Ogun to fire me, hahahaha haha!!! Who Sango and Ogun go fire between me and you, dem sabi me as they are my ancestors but you are alien to them so enjoy the fire idiot!!!
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
yeah they have jobs and those that without jobs don't lazy around like those thugs in west, meanwhile my ppl in Lagos are hardworking and contribute 70% of Lagos state internal revenue, the wifeless professor has done more harm than good in the society... I expect him to condemn this act of terrorism in Yoruba land
Mr hardworker, who beg you to contribute 70% to lagos internal revenue? Why dont you go and contribute your 70% revenue to your states and leave lagos. Biko go back to your state if you hate us this much!!!
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by agadez007(m): 9:48am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

And your kinsmen dont do the same? So your kinsmen dont do agbero, go to onitsha and you wont be saying what you are saying. Mr man if you so much hate yoruba people then go to your state. No be by force to stay lagos. Idiot!
I am not in Lagos,mr man

and I don't hate anybody
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by ArabMopol(m): 9:51am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

Mr hardworker, who beg you to contribute 70% to lagos internal revenue? Why dont you go and contribute your 70% revenue to your states and leave lagos. Biko go back to your state if you hate us this much!!!
Lagos we jointly owned ? never , you go back to your ijebu ode village Lagos is not yours as well
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 10:07am On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
Lagos we jointly owned ? never , you go back to your ijebu ode village Lagos is not yours as well
mr man I am from lagos island na we get lagos. I am not from ogun state. my ancestors own lagos. I am awori. if you dont leave we will throw you into the lagoon! ode!
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by ArabMopol(m): 10:17am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

mr man I am from lagos island na we get lagos. I am not from ogun state. my ancestors own lagos. I am awori. if you dont leave we will throw you into the lagoon! ode!
lagoon ni lagoon ko but few Fulani's and Hausas @ mile 12 market nearly chase ur sorry ass inside lagoon, cowardice amala eating
brown roof sophisticated tiger
claw betrayers Any Nigerian that has known the
them or lived with them would
wonder when they could be
trusted to mean what they say or
do what they mean or be brave
enough like the Igbos to affect a
physical threat . ur ppl
has a typical
cowardly attitude, anything
happens they will be the first to
run away despite their plenty talk.
They talk too much and do little
action. They are very good in
insulting and running their
mouths. Nigerians have known Yoruba's
shiftiness and two sided loud-
mouthing.... so chill out u can't do anything... Lagos is our annex state

1 Like

Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2017
ArabMopol:
lagoon ni lagoon ko but few Fulani's and Hausas @ mile 12 market nearly chase ur sorry ass inside lagoon, cowardice amala eating
brown roof sophisticated tiger
claw betrayers Any Nigerian that has known the
them or lived with them would
wonder when they could be
trusted to mean what they say or
do what they mean or be brave
enough like the Igbos to affect a
physical threat . ur ppl
has a typical
cowardly attitude, anything
happens they will be the first to
run away despite their plenty talk.
They talk too much and do little
action. They are very good in
insulting and running their
mouths. Nigerians have known Yoruba's
shiftiness and two sided loud-
mouthing.... so chill out u can't do anything... Lagos is our annex state
annex state indeed make you dey deceive yourself. I so much pray that your biafra becomes a reality so that you will leave our land. and we can have boarders.
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by ArabMopol(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

annex state indeed make you dey deceive yourself. I so much pray that your biafra becomes a reality so that you will leave our land. and we can have boarders.
don't worry just prayer harder we will leave our vast empire and estates for you ,since Lagos is the only 20th century city in West
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by Cornerstone2020(m): 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

Ode i am not in osun, you need to update yourself on a daily basis, osun people have been paid their salaries and are now enjoying. See this fool ooo! You dey call Sango and Ogun to fire me, hahahaha haha!!! Who Sango and Ogun go fire between me and you, dem sabi me as they are my ancestors but you are alien to them so enjoy the fire idiot!!!
Sorry that i did n't congratulate You on the payment. Thanks to Aregbe you guy should use the money and avoid reckless lifestyle and laziness that is killing you.
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by dotman4real007(m): 3:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Cornerstone2020:

Sorry that i did n't congratulate You on the payment. Thanks to Aregbe you guy should use the money and avoid reckless lifestyle and laziness that is killing you.
did I tell you that I live or work in osun state? you are nothing more than a tribalist. change from your evil ways. we accommodate your people here in the west that is why your kinsmen troop to lagos in search of wealth. so you have no right to utter the rubbish you are saying about yoruba people.
Re: Eye Witness Report : How ‘one Million Boys’ Are Terrorizing Ibadan Residents by Cornerstone2020(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
dotman4real007:

did I tell you that I live or work in osun state? you are nothing more than a tribalist. change from your evil ways. we accommodate your people here in the west that is why your kinsmen troop to lagos in search of wealth. so you have no right to utter the rubbish you are saying about yoruba people.
Ogbeni Sorry if my sincere advice has been misconstrued.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Pleads Guilty In Canada To Quarter Million Dollar Fraud. / Slay Queen Caught 4 The 3rd Time, Beaten And Burn To Death For Doing Fake Alert. / SP Bako: Police Arrest Native Doctor Who Prepared Charms For 2 Baba And His Gang

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.