Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:49 PM

Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss (4477 Views)

Break Up Nigeria Or Go Back To Regionalism– Ango Abdullahi / Yoruba Nation To Nigeria: Let's Restructure Or We Have Oduduwa Republic. / “you Are On Your Own If You Provoke War In Nigeria, Let Biafra Go” -arab League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2018
omoharry:
You mean , we should rather be talking about deep federalism where every state will handle their affairs just like they governors are doing...while the local government will be given more task and autonomy because they are closer to the people.Well it is part of the restructuring we are talking about ..the present system of Nigerian can never work like ..every region need to have a sense of belonging to the project called Nigeria..and by doing that..their interest,yearnings and aspirations must be put into consideration.Regionalism is the way to go..when that time comes for boundary issue then the district have a choice to choice which region they feel most comfortable with to merge with.Why dont you think about the advantage of restructuring over the disadvantage..everything in life has it good and bad side..
Restructuring means different things to different people and will never solve the problems of Nigerians, because we already have a welfare mentality.
On Regionalism, you have not answered who determines what and where. Why should I allow someone else determine who and who I am to share a region with based on tribe , language and culture and not geographic proximity.
The problem we have in this country is not borders but mentality, when we are ready to do the right thing we will get it right.

Nigeria can only move forward when we reengineer our mentality and stop acting subconsciously, The leaders are the product of the society and that will not change with regionalism,
Let's think of making better Nigerians first.
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by omoharry(f): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Restructuring means different things to different people and will never solve the problems of Nigerians, because we already have a welfare mentality.
On Regionalism, you have not answered who determines what and where. Why should I allow someone else determine who and who I am to share a region with based on tribe , language and culture and not geographic proximity.
The problem we have in this country is not borders but mentality, when we are ready to do the right thing we will get it right.

Nigeria can only move forward when we reengineer our mentality and stop acting subconsciously, The leaders are the product of the society and that will not change with regionalism,
Let's think of making better Nigerians first.

Oga the present system sulks...you want me to start telling you how restructuring will work..? really?..please go back to all the conferences that have be held in the past and you will find fantastic ideas of how Nigeria be restructured and even a break down of it was in the last concluded conference..even if it need some amendment..it shows how we can come out of the hell hole you and your peopel still consider as normal thing..it is only a northerner than will say what you just said.."Restructuring means different things to different people and will never solve the problems of Nigerians".. let every federating region start controlling their resources and manage their affairs such as power, security,health,education etc.. then pay some percentage to the federal govt..the purpose is to reduce the power at the center which is not effective...it breed laziness..state governors do not think of any other ways to generate IGR than to wait for monthly handout year in year out without any vision and purpose in life for the people of their state..security nko..we go wait for Buhari to give a nod before IG of police can heed to the call of the governor in his troubled state.by then, terrible damaged must have happened.while the perpetrators are left off the hook.yet you are telling me restructuring means different things to different people..you know all these things but you are just pretending and following the backwagon of your kinsmen...who don have the interested of the masses..and would rather they remain uneducated, ignorant and poor..in their life time...
Oga. weither you guys like it or not..it will happen and when it does..if your people feel you dont want to restructure then you can join your brothers in the Sahel regions...because the south really need to move forward and we do not want people that do not understand us to pull us back.hiding your head in the sand all the time when development issue are on ground is not smart at all..that is what you guys do.

1 Like

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 12:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
omoharry:
Oga the present system sulks...you want me to start telling you how restructuring will work..? really?..please go back to all the conferences that have be held in the past and you will find fantastic ideas of how Nigeria be restructured and even a break down of it was in the last concluded conference..even if it need some amendment..it shows how we can come out of the hell hole you and your peopel still consider as normal thing..it is only a northerner than will say what you just said.."Restructuring means different things to different people and will never solve the problems of Nigerians".. let every federating region start controlling their resources and manage their affairs such as power, security,health,education etc.. then pay some percentage to the federal govt..the purpose is to reduce the power at the center which is not effective...it breed laziness..state governors do not think of any other ways to generate IGR than to wait for monthly handout year in year out without any vision and purpose in life for the people of their state..security nko..we go wait for Buhari to give a nod before IG of police can heed to the call of the governor in his troubled state.by then, terrible damaged must have happened.while the perpetrators are left off the hook.yet you are telling me restructuring means different things to different people..you know all these things but you are just pretending and following the backwagon of your kinsmen...who don have the interested of the masses..and would rather they remain uneducated, ignorant and poor..in their life time...
Oga. weither you guys like it or not..it will happen and when it does..if your people feel you dont want to restructure then you can join your brothers in the Sahel regions...because the south really need to move forward and we do not want people that do not understand us to pull us back.hiding your head in the sand all the time when development issue are on ground is not smart at all..that is what you guys do.

The guy sounds more like an Igbo...a brother to the very Ironsi who pioneered the theory that true federalism was promoting tribalism over a non-existent national unity. So what do you expect from such a person?

2 Likes

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
i still think its a bad idea.....its tempting though..... undecided undecided

regional works very well with other nations,but am not sure it will work well with nigeria.....

we have too much fractions in nigeria....

its a big risk.... undecided undecided
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
i think central is better for nigeria....giving states more power is dangerous...... undecided undecided

we witnessed how quick the south east jumped on the ipob wagoon.....

its too dangerous to try.....

if weapons fall in this type of peoples hands,then good night nigeria........
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 1:40pm On Sep 20, 2018
omoharry:

the problem with terrorits is not the main issue....the problem is fighting each other....

regionalism in nigeria is a bad idea in the moment...maybe in the future when we have learned to coup with each other.......
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:
i still think its a bad idea.....its tempting though..... undecided undecided

regional works very well with other nations,but am not sure it will work well with nigeria.....

we have too much fractions in nigeria....

its a big risk.... undecided undecided

It worked well in the First Republic. The destruction of it by some greedy soldiers who had a mistaken idea of what national unity is genuinely about put us in this mess.

2 Likes

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:
i think central is better for nigeria....giving states more power is dangerous...... undecided undecided

we witnessed how quick the south east jumped on the ipob wagoon.....

its too dangerous to try.....

if weapons fall in this type of peoples hands,then good night nigeria........

If you have been privileged to interact with Igbos one on one in their honest moments you will be shocked to discover that they love the sustenance of Nigeria more than any other tribe. All these ipobism you see is all about aiming at the sky so that after air resistance and everything they fall on top of the tree which is restructuring.
Once restructuring is done, I can bet with you that all ipob secession movements will die almost immediately.
You can get a clue from the fact that Niger Delta militancy and pipelines vandalization became history at the mere proposition (without implementation yet) of the modular refineries policy which is a quasi-restructuring move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by omoharry(f): 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:

the problem with terrorits is not the main issue....the problem is fighting each other....

regionalism in nigeria is a bad idea in the moment...maybe in the future when we have learned to coup with each other.......
anyway, you are entitle to your opinion the way I am entitle to mine.lets stop here.bye
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

If you have been privileged to interact with Igbos one on one in their honest moments you will be shocked to discover that they love the sustenance of Nigeria more than any other tribe. All these ipobism you see is all about aiming at the sky so that after air resistance and everything they fall on top of the tree which is restructuring.
Once restructuring is done, I can bet with you that all ipob secession movements will die almost immediately.
You can get a clue from the fact that Niger Delta militancy and pipelines vandalization became history at the mere proposition (without implementation yet) of the modular refineries policy which is a quasi-restructuring move.

well...i still think its a dangerous idea....central maybe slow but they steadily move to the problem....

regionalism can be dangerous than you think.....

we already have boko haram to combat,who are actualy our brothers and sisters too....the conflict started because of a simple borehole in the north.....conflicts will always be their between human beings,but how we settle it is important....

our old african model of settling disputs is damaged.....better dont risk giving power to unhappy people now....
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:

well...i still think its a dangerous idea....central maybe slow but they steadily move to the problem....

regionalism can be dangerous than you think.....

we already have boko haram to combat,who are actualy our brothers and sisters too....the conflict started because of a simple borehole in the north.....conflicts will always be their between human beings,but how we settle it is important....

our old african model of settling disputs is damaged.....better dont risk giving power to unhappy people now....
Then why did it work in the First Republic if it is a dangerous idea? Were Nigerians happy with one another then? The basis for the unhappiness among Nigerians are the bitter effects of this very centralization and it's attendant lopsidedness and favouritsm.

1 Like

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Then why did it work in the First Republic if it is a dangerous idea? Were Nigerians happy with one another then? The basis for the unhappiness among Nigerians are the bitter effects of this very centralization and it's attendant lopsidedness and favouritsm.

back then we were still fresh...very few even understood what was going on around them....the more people know,the more they will get angry....life is not fair to anybody.....
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 2:57pm On Sep 20, 2018
omoharry:
anyway, you are entitle to your opinion the way I am entitle to mine.lets stop here.bye

bye....
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 3:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:

back then we were still fresh...very few even understood what was going on around them....the more people know,the more they will get angry....life is not fair to anybody.....

Records of Nigeria's political history don't agree with the bolded. Watch Ahmadu Bello's interviews on YouTube, read Awolowo's numerous books written on the future of Nigeria, listen to speeches made before Independence by Tafawa Balewa, read up Enahoro's articles, etc. You'll know that the troubles started far before Independence and everyone was aware. Only Zik kept on fooling himself with One-Nigeria fantasy despite being aware of the fallacy inherent therein.
In fact the colonial masters themselves chose to leave us with a highly decentralized structure at Independence due to their own conviction that unitarism would run the country aground. Has posterity not vindicated them?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Records of Nigeria's political history don't agree with the bolded. Watch Ahmadu Bello's interviews on YouTube, read Awolowo's numerous books written on the future of Nigeria, listen to speeches made before Independence by Tafawa Balewa, read up Enahoro's articles, etc. You'll know that the troubles started far before Independence and everyone was aware. Only Zik kept on fooling himself with One-Nigeria fantasy despite being aware of the fallacy inherent therein.
In fact the colonial masters themselves chose to leave us with a highly decentralized structure at Independence due to their own conviction that unitarism would run the country aground. Has posterity not vindicated them?

you cant tell me that many knew what was going on in the world after independence......thats rubbish talks.....
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:

you cant tell me that many knew what was going on in the world after independence......thats rubbish talks.....

Then you obviously are an ignoramus about Nigeria's political history.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Then you obviously are an ignoramus about Nigeria's political history.

insult...... angry angry
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 4:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
justtoodark:

insult...... angry angry

You must have thought that your reference to my post as "rubbish talks" is a compliment, right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Banmeallday: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
For Op what is the meaning of the name NIgeria and where and why did it come about?

WHy are black people constantly promoting and accepting to be slaves
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
Guestlander:

What type of analogy is this? Regardless of the type system you choose to adopt does it affect the need for education?
the kind of education matters in relation to the brains of the students
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by otosa(m): 10:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
Adminisher:
Many people don't know or say the TRUTH in Nigeria.

In what way has regionalism worked in Nigeria?

The Regional Governments were all corrupt and they could not cope with internal ethnic micro nationalism as well.

Operation wetie, corruption, ten - percent ing , was the hallmark of our regional arrangement.

Look at the middle-belt of Nigeria. Can you put all the ethnic groups and religions under one region?
No

Regionalism FAILED. That was why we had the military in Government.

If you cannot think of something more original than a PAST MISTAKE ,then you are intellectually lazy
if am not mistake you are the product of those who condemned the regional and by grace of God we shall get back to regional and I pray you will surely witness it.

1 Like

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 4:02am On Sep 21, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You must have thought that your reference to my post as "rubbish talks" is a compliment, right?

you are still talking rubbish...shey somebody shitt in your brain....?? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2018
justtoodark:

you are still talking rubbish...shey somebody shitt in your brain....?? angry angry angry angry angry
It is now clear that your skull is connected to your anus and kidney hence all the shiit and urine coming out of them go straight to your head. Soak away head.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by justtoodark: 10:29am On Sep 21, 2018
Deadlytruth:

It is now clear that your skull is connected to your anus and kidney hence all the shiit and urine coming out of them go straight to your head. Soak away head.

you sound so silly to me.....
Re: Regionalism: The Way Out For Nigeria? Let us discuss by Deadlytruth(m): 12:27pm On Sep 21, 2018
justtoodark:

you sound so silly to me.....
You sound like a victim of moronic plague to me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politicians Buying Pvcs From Voters – INEC Chair / SA Planning Massive March To Nigerian Embassy On Sept 23 / Disclose Security Votes Spending For 2021, SERAP Tells Buhari, 36 Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.