Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone (15453 Views)

Amazing Ways To Revive A Wet Smartphone - Rice Method / How To Dry A Wet Phone, Watch Or Fitness Tracker / 4 Easy Ways To Have A Faster Internet Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Siano(m): 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone

Phones usually slip out of our hands or pockets dropping on the ground, wet floor or even in a bowl of water from time to time or you could decide to jump in the pool forgetting that your mobile phone is still in your pocket.

There is still hope that the phone is not totally damaged. Try out these tips immediately you remove the phone from water, it wouldn’t cost you a dime.

Steps To Revive a Wet Phone
1. Do not turn back on your phone right away (keep it off until you know it’s totally dry or if phone is still on immediately take off the battery)

2. Remove all peripherals from the device (back cover, case, battery, headphones and any other removable gadget)

3. Use a vacuum (vacuum round the device. Try to get as much of the water out of it as possible)

4. Use a substance with a high affinity for drawing out moisture (An inexpensive option is to place the phone in a bowl or bag of uncooked rice or desiccant “usually found with new shoes” for at least 24hrs or just cover the phone in towels).

Source: http://vastfinder..in/2017/01/4-easy-way-to-revive-save-wet-phone.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
Thanks.

FTC

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by FellaL: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
nice info

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by KINGHAFI(m): 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Weldone.

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by nony43(m): 6:58am On Jan 07, 2017
Op just carry the phone put in a bag of rice finish.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Jreason: 6:58am On Jan 07, 2017
The rice method remains my favorite

4 Likes

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by kingcomet(m): 6:59am On Jan 07, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by KevinDein: 7:00am On Jan 07, 2017
Excellent points

And come to think of it, uncooked rice is show a fairly good desiccant. I've always observed it but never knew it's this popular known. Cool story cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Jh0wsef(m): 7:01am On Jan 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 07, 2017
How many desiccants will be enough to suck out the moisture?, plus I heard that putting it in rice is not such a good idea, please expantiate more on the rice part op

2 Likes

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Atiku2019: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Thank You OP

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Nice one
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Ak47young(m): 7:02am On Jan 07, 2017

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by ourkobo: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2017
Ok seen

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 07, 2017
2dugged:
How amby desiccants will be enough to suck out the moisture?

You never wake finish oooh lol

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Wasky101: 7:03am On Jan 07, 2017
What if it falls inside beer? Would it be OK to just suck it out?
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by henryobinna(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2017
do they all work

asides falling inside water do you know your android phone can have issues without you knowing, how about you let the phone fix itself?? http://www.legitstuffs.com/2016/08/how-detect-fix-issues-android-using-app.html
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2017
unclezuma:

You never wake finish oooh lol
edited jor
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by alezzy13: 7:11am On Jan 07, 2017
Ak47young:
BEWARE and any information about them would help

are they on nairaland? and who did they scam
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 07, 2017
These days most phones are packed with non-removable batteries. If you clumsily throw it inside water, oyo lo wa o.

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Urbino: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2017
Or just buy a Samsung s7 edge
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Ak47young(m): 7:17am On Jan 07, 2017
alezzy13:

are they on nairaland? and who did they scam
Nop meet on a WhatsApp group hoping someone who knows them on nairaland can help us track them down. Scammed my bro of 142k
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by olaolulazio(m): 7:26am On Jan 07, 2017
What if the ba3 isn't removable
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Yahoogirl: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2017
With my galaxy s7 edge, I'm not bothered about my phone getting wet cos the phone is water proof.
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by ultimate73(m): 8:10am On Jan 07, 2017
What if it falls inside soup?
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:13am On Jan 07, 2017
That uncooked rice method is da bomb!
Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by mrmaze(m): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2017
My phone fell the toilet.lol I manage to remove it, clean it nd dip in bag of rice for 2days nd alas it came on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by youngfocus(m): 8:31am On Jan 07, 2017
Siano:
4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone

Phones usually slip out of our hands or pockets dropping on the ground, wet floor or even in a bowl of water from time to time or you could decide to jump in the pool forgetting that your mobile phone is still in your pocket.

There is still hope that the phone is not totally damaged. Try out these tips immediately you remove the phone from water, it wouldn’t cost you a dime.

Steps To Revive a Wet Phone
1. Do not turn back on your phone right away (keep it off until you know it’s totally dry or if phone is still on immediately take off the battery)

2. Remove all peripherals from the device (back cover, case, battery, headphones and any other removable gadget)

3. Use a vacuum (vacuum round the device. Try to get as much of the water out of it as possible)

4. Use a substance with a high affinity for drawing out moisture (An inexpensive option is to place the phone in a bowl or bag of uncooked rice or desiccant “usually found with new shoes” for at least 24hrs or just cover the phone in towels).

Source: http://vastfinder..in/2017/01/4-easy-way-to-revive-save-wet-phone.html

lalasticlala, Mynd44

who told u dis is d best way to revive phone DAT falling into water are u phone engineer?speaking from experience if anybody follow dat procedure he or she just shorten d life span of is phone,it will first of all work for like 1 month,I bet u after 3 week u will start look for engineer house,cos d phone can jst stop work or it will start developing little little problm and mind u all dis problem dey are nt repair able,cos dis is hw water work Inside phone wen ur phone fall inside water u remove it in put it inside rice as u said d water will dry inside causing sum white carbon electrode which conducting electricity bleeding to ic together,it can cause d phone to b very hot simply because two ic are join together by DAT white electrode cos by d water, or d water can start rusting d ic still it remove it from d panel were d ic is attach to,we all knw wat cause rusting of iron,all DAT ur method only work on nk 3310 nt all dis China phone nd all dis Android,d best way to recovery ur phone wen it fall into water is to firstly remove it from d water, secondly remove d ba3 if it in build ba3 turn off d phone nd never on it again.look for any engineer shop or if u av tools to loose it, loose it, after loosing it put tooth brush inside spirit nd watch d panel wit spirit nd brush to remove all d water inside d panel way nd look for 100 watt bulb or place it in sun for sum minute for it to dry nd reassemble ur phone back,d engineer is going to do dsame tin,wat u jst do is call servicing,I bet u,u will use ur phone for d next 2year in health condition tins are changing so dat old method is nt working again bro,

1 Like

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by mcgaius: 8:55am On Jan 07, 2017
On the 4th of January 2017,my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 mistakenly slip from my hand and fell inside a full bucket of water. Immediately,the phone screen started to perform some magic by changing from one colour to another.I tried to switch off the phone but the screen went blank.The worst is the phone has a non removable battery but luckily for me i have just 20% battery life.The phone later started going off and on which gave me a lot of concern because a friend of mine just bought the same type of my dual sim Note 5 recently for #295,000.Spending such an amount to buy a new phone would have been a bad way to start a new year.As i was still confused of what to do,my wife came up with idea of dipping the phone inside a bag of rice and luckily for us in this change era,there is a full bag of rice left in our kitchen store.I removed the sim card slot and the S pen before putting it there for about 24 hrs .I brought it out after 24 hrs the screen came on but i was scared to charge it to avoid more damages to the phone.I noticed moisture on the front and back camera and the shots i took with the both cameras were blurry.My wife adviced me to put it back in the bag of rice for more hours but i decided to visit a samsung service center at Saka tinubu V/I because my phone is still under warranty.On getting there,I was told the warranty covers only the panel and again the screen must be changed for 50k.They further said there will be additional charges if the speakers,mouthpiece or any other part is damaged.Immediately this flashing thought came to my mind "why should i change a screen that am sure is fully back and working" so i informed them that i will come back for it later.I went back home and dip the phone back into the bag of rice and to my surprise,the moisture at the both cameras disappeared and my phone is working perfectly as before.I am still monitoring it and nothing has changed.The rice magic is real.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Easy Way To Revive & Save A Wet Phone by Thobiy(m): 9:10am On Jan 07, 2017
nice tips

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use Xender On Your Blackberry 10 Device / My S4 Infinix Phone Keep Saying Userbusy To Incoming Calls - Solution / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.