Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

How Queen Elizabeth Almost Got Shot By One Of Her Guards - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Queen Elizabeth Almost Got Shot By One Of Her Guards (422 Views)

A Security Guards Or Operatives Must Always Be On Alert / See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night / See The Snake Our Security Guards Killed At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Queen Elizabeth Almost Got Shot By One Of Her Guards by UPDISTIC7: 12:46am On Jan 06, 2017
News filtered in London over an incident which almost claimed the live of Queen Elizabeth. According to Sunday express which broke the news. A former guardsman had told how he “nearly shot” Queen Elizabeth while she took a late-night walk around the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

The queen who is said to occasionally suffer insomnia, and as a way of combating it, is said to sometimes put on a mac and walk around the palace grounds. This was stated by an anonymous ex-guardsman quoted by the Times of London’s Times Diary.

On one of such occasion, The Times reported the guardsman was patrolling inside the perimeter of the palace walls at 3 a.m. when he spotted a strange figure in the darkness.

Thinking that he had come across an intruder, he shouted: “Who’s that?” To his surprise, it was the queen.

“Bloody hell, Your Majesty, I nearly shot you,” he shouted.

“That’s quite all right,” the queen apparently replied.

“Next time I’ll ring through beforehand so you don’t have to shoot me.” The Queen had replied.

But the Queen was not the only royalty to have experienced such as her son Andrew in 2013, was also mistaken for an intruder and was confronted by armed police as he walked in the vast gardens. According to the Sunday Express report of the incident, the police had pulled out their guns and ordered the prince to “put your hands up and get on the ground.”

According to a palace source “From what we’ve all heard, the duke was absolutely livid and tore them off a strip.

Source: http://www.naijasilvergold.com/blog/2017/01/05/queen-elizabeth-almost-got-shot-one-guards/

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Free Traffic To My Blog / [interview] One On One With Mister Africa Usa, Erwan Smith Obone "His Very Priva / SHUT UP!!! We Hear You Loud And Clear, Osinbajo Tells Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.