Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This (15731 Views)

What's The Best Bank For Opening A Domiciliary Account? / Which Is The Best Bank In Nigeria To Open A Domiciliary Account ? / Stannic IBTC Bank Limits Domiciliary Account Spending To $10000 Per Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by ogedanny: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2017
This article will help you spot best bank for a domiciliary account in Nigeria with 6 useful guides to compare the banks you want to open an account with.

Owning a domiciliary account with a Nigerian bank is not an option again, it's a necessity for someone that wants to manage and protect the value of cash in his/her disposal.

I have already shared tips on how to open an account with all the Nigerians alongside basic requirements you need to have before your account officer can proceed with the domiciliary account opening procedures. I also went ahead to give reasons you should own a domiciliary account; cost savings when paying online, exchange rate gain and access to offshore investment opportunities.

For a new starter looking for the best bank for a domiciliary account in Nigeria, here are basic tips on how to compare FCMB, First Bank, GTBank, Access, Ecobank, Unity, UBA, Wema, Sterling, Diamond, Stanbic IBTC, Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Union and Heritage Bank.

1. Check Monthly Fees: When you go to the bank to withdraw from your domiciliary account at the counter, you will be charged for withdrawer (depending on the amount and whether you used a counter cheque or your own chequebook). Ask your account officer the bank charges on withdrawing, ATM maintenance fees, cheque slip charges and other sub-charges in order not be taken unawares. Two days before I wrote this article, my bank deducted $10 from my account as an annual account maintenance fee and I was wondering how they ae maintaining account until I approached my account officer.

Here is how to open a US stock trading account with your Dom account - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/best-stockbroker-non-us-residents-trade-shares/

2. Minimum Requirements; Before opening a domiciliary account with a bank, compare what the requirements are across selected banks, while some will ask you to deposit a minimum of $100, utility bills, passports, two referees with current accounts, others may be higher.

3. Transaction Limits: Inasmuch as a domiciliary account allows you to make purchases and pay a merchant directly, CBN is still beaming its searchlight on foreign currency transactions, money laundry and so on, and as such, there could be some restrictions on your domiciliary account transactions. A few years ago, CBN mandated all domiciliary account withdrawal to be paid in Naira using official exchange rate and other time, they restricted foreign account transfers to $10,000. These are some of the ways your use of dom account could be limited but you still need to compare how individual banks transactions limit are so you can settle for the institution with flexible policy.

4. ATM Charges: Have you used the debit or credit card on your domiciliary account to withdraw from an ATM machine? I tried it during an emergency and was amazed at the exchange rate my bank applied, it was over N100 lower than what I would have sold the currency per dollar at the black market. You need to compare inter-bank exchange rate on AbokiFX.

5. Mobile and Internet Banking; You may not be free to walk into a bank to carry out transactions on your domiciliary account every time but with mobile banking app on your smartphone, you can easily check balance, transfer fund, view on incoming flows real time and monitor your account history. Compare features available and how fast mobile applications for your banking services will be across some selected banks so you don't experience network issues; though, it could occur but shouldn't be frequently as this could be frustrating.

6. Security: This is the most crucial of all these tips mentioned here. Find a bank that sends security alert and tips to its customers on a weekly or monthly basis, this will help you know the method scammers are using to access users account online. That doesn't mean you should relent and leave the security of your account to your bank, update yourself and subscribe to some internet banking security blog for a more useful guide.

Source: http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/best-bank-domiciliary-account-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by recievesense: 6:26am On Jan 06, 2017
diamond
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by checkolatunji: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2017
Issorite
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by menxer: 7:39am On Jan 06, 2017
GTBank is the best, in this regard.

To open domicillary account you don't need a current account, with your regular savings account activate Internet banking, from the online bank portal request a dollar mastercard, the initial charges will be deducted from the savings account.

A dom account will be linked to the mastercard and ready for pick up in about 2 weeks later.
As easy and simple as that

That's how I got mine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by MonsieurCoder: 7:49am On Jan 06, 2017
ogedanny:
This article will help you spot best bank for a domiciliary account in Nigeria with 6 useful guides to compare the banks you want to open an account with.

Owning a domiciliary account with a Nigerian bank is not an option again, it's a necessity for someone that wants to manage and protect the value of cash in his/her disposal.

I have already shared tips on how to open an account with all the Nigerians alongside basic requirements you need to have before your account officer can proceed with the domiciliary account opening procedures. I also went ahead to give reasons you should own a domiciliary account; cost savings when paying online, exchange rate gain and access to offshore investment opportunities.

For a new starter looking for the best bank for a domiciliary account in Nigeria, here are basic tips on how to compare FCMB, First Bank, GTBank, Access, Ecobank, Unity, UBA, Wema, Sterling, Diamond, Stanbic IBTC, Fidelity, Zenith Bank, Union and Heritage Bank.

1. Check Monthly Fees: When you go to the bank to withdraw from your domiciliary account at the counter, you will be charged for withdrawer (depending on the amount and whether you used a counter cheque or your own chequebook). Ask your account officer the bank charges on withdrawing, ATM maintenance fees, cheque slip charges and other sub-charges in order not be taken unawares. Two days before I wrote this article, my bank deducted $10 from my account as an annual account maintenance fee and I was wondering how they ae maintaining account until I approached my account officer.

Source: http://makemoneyindollars.com/best-bank-domiciliary-for-a-account-in-nigeria/

Please which Nigerian banks can give me dollars in cash over the counter if I have a domicilary account? I mean very reliable ones not the ones that will offer to give me the Naira Equivalent.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by MonsieurCoder: 7:52am On Jan 06, 2017
menxer:

To open domicillary account you don't need a current account, with your regular savings account activate Internet banking, from the online bank portal request a dollar mastercard, the initial charges will be deducted from the savings account.

A dom account will be linked to the mastercard and ready for pick up in about 2 weeks later.

That's how I got mine.

Have you tried withdrawing cash (dollars ) over the counter from your domiciliary account?
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by menxer: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2017
MonsieurCoder:

Have you tried withdrawing cash (dollars ) over the counter from your domiciliary account?

Not yet.
Charges will follow for sure.

Though I use it mostly for online transactions.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by ogedanny: 8:35am On Jan 06, 2017
Few Nigerians banks will sell dollars to you
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by MonsieurCoder: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2017
ogedanny:
Few Nigerians banks will sell dollars to you

Which banks? I didn't say I want to "buy" I just want the cash in my domiciliary account in dollars. Which banks can offer me that?
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by Chibenze(m): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2017
MonsieurCoder:

Which banks? I didn't say I want to "buy" I just want the cash in my domiciliary account in dollars. Which banks can offer me that?
go with gtbank. they are the best. i have also collected $$$ over the counter the fee is very small too. believe me they are the best. will not go further except gtbank will pay me monthly for the advert.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by ogedanny: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2017
FCMB too will pay you $$$$ at the counter
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by ogedanny: 8:31am On Feb 05, 2017
$$$
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by EMMYLASHTINS(m): 12:39pm On Feb 06, 2017
menxer:

That's how I got mine.

please,How much was deducted from your savings account and how long did it take b4 d money was deducted and d collection of your card.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by menxer: 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2017
EMMYLASHTINS:
please,How much was deducted from your savings account and how long did it take b4 d money was deducted and d collection of your card.

About #9200, for the card and 1 year maintenance fee. I picked it after 10 working days.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by MonsieurCoder: 2:58pm On Feb 06, 2017
menxer:

About #9200, for the card and 1 year maintenance fee. I picked it after 10 working days.

Were you given new account numbers for Euro, Dollar and Pounds?
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by EMMYLASHTINS(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2017
menxer:

thanks very much,but when I initiated a request 4 d dollar card on my internet banking platform I didn't see any option 4 the type of Card I.e visa/mastercard so it only mastercard.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by menxer: 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2017
MonsieurCoder:

Were you given new account numbers for Euro, Dollar and Pounds?

You choose the currency you want, yes a Domicilliary account number is linked to the card.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by MonsieurCoder: 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2017
menxer:

You choose the currency you want, yes a Domicilliary account number is linked to the card.

Normally they give 3 different account numbers, one for Dollar, one of Euro and one for Pounds, Did they give you all 3 or just the one you chose?
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by menxer: 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2017
MonsieurCoder:

Normally they give 3 different account numbers, one for Dollar, one of Euro and one for Pounds, Did they give you all 3 or just the one you chose?

Just the chosen one.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by ican2020: 5:24pm On Jan 13, 2018
menxer:

This is on the high side.
What are they maintaing?
i better throw the form away and head over to access bank where I will operate a stress free account
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by ogedanny: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
true
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by nsyspee: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
An account with Wema bank then Alat App is coool

1 Like

Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by MrAnele(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
Enlightening

See my signature
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by PowerfulMans(m): 3:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
@ Ogedanny, i wanted to contact you privately on an issue on this thread but your email address is not found on your profile and wish you call me on 08035158561 and mention your name on this thread to enable me know you are the person, Sir.
ogedanny:

Here is how to open a US stock trading account with your Dom account - http://nigerianstockstobuy.com/best-stockbroker-non-us-residents-trade-shares/

2. Minimum Requirements; Before opening a domiciliary account with a bank, compare what the requirements are across selected banks, while some will ask you to deposit a minimum of $100, utility bills, passports, two referees with current accounts, others may be higher.

3. Transaction Limits: Inasmuch as a domiciliary account allows you to make purchases and pay a merchant directly, CBN is still beaming its searchlight on foreign currency transactions, money laundry and so on, and as such, there could be some restrictions on your domiciliary account transactions. A few years ago, CBN mandated all domiciliary account withdrawal to be paid in Naira using official exchange rate and other time, they restricted foreign account transfers to $10,000. These are some of the ways your use of dom account could be limited but you still need to compare how individual banks transactions limit are so you can settle for the institution with flexible policy.

4. ATM Charges: Have you used the debit or credit card on your domiciliary account to withdraw from an ATM machine? I tried it during an emergency and was amazed at the exchange rate my bank applied, it was over N100 lower than what I would have sold the currency per dollar at the black market. You need to compare inter-bank exchange rate on AbokiFX.

5. Mobile and Internet Banking; You may not be free to walk into a bank to carry out transactions on your domiciliary account every time but with mobile banking app on your smartphone, you can easily check balance, transfer fund, view on incoming flows real time and monitor your account history. Compare features available and how fast mobile applications for your banking services will be across some selected banks so you don't experience network issues; though, it could occur but shouldn't be frequently as this could be frustrating.

6. Security: This is the most crucial of all these tips mentioned here. Find a bank that sends security alert and tips to its customers on a weekly or monthly basis, this will help you know the method scammers are using to access users account online. That doesn't mean you should relent and leave the security of your account to your bank, update yourself and subscribe to some internet banking security blog for a more useful guide.

Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by PowerfulMans(m): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2020
Boss Ogedanny, reach me on 08035158561 for important issue i wanted you to help out privately, please.
ogedanny:

Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by PowerfulMans(m): 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
Sir Ogedanny, kindly send me why am i wanted to contact you privately to igbokwenuhua@gmail.com, please, Sir.
ogedanny:

Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by onlinetrading96(m): 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
Instant access to your money in all FCMB branches and over 9,000ATMs nationwide.
Fcmb is the best for domiciliary
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by Meedon: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2021
onlinetrading96:
Instant access to your money in all FCMB branches and over 9,000ATMs nationwide.
Fcmb is the best for domiciliary

I want to open Dom account with FCMB - hope they are good.
Re: Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This by Arinzona20(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
See the best banks to open domicillary account
https://mushinmarket.com/best-domiciliary-account-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

100% Free Affiliate Marketing Question And Answer Session With Video Proof / Modified - Make Money Online Publishing Ebooks On Kindle And Other Places / Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.