Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us (2496 Views)

Final Words Of Pilot Of Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane Revealed / List Of Nationalities In The Crashed Ethiopian Airlines Plane / Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crashes With 157 People On Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us by thankgodeboh(m): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2017
Dear Ethiopian Airline,

You guys frustrated my friend and even gave me an unbearable doze of panic and unrest.

First of all, on our way back from Abuja on 29th of December, 2016, My friend and two other passengers were talking about airlines. They mentioned that in Africa, Ethiopian airlines is most serious. They Praised you guys so much that I yearned for a first time with your airline. One of the passengers said the airline business is the oil of ETHIOPIA and so that's why you guys are serious. They also hinted on how Turkish airline was racist. Core racist airline, they said.

Then the day came for My friend to return to the USA, She and her two Sisters arrived at the Airport one hour before boarding and they were informed that they won't be boarded and that they just missed it because they did not come three hours before time. Three hours Is that your inhouse standard or international?

Infact the Man who broke the news was busy watching videos of a wedding ceremony several minutes before giving them that scary reply.

Now that they missed the flight, what penalty was there for them. Your Officials told them that they have to book another altogether again. Meaning the former tickets should be trashed! That's unbearable.

Then they started making calls and their Mum also made calls and calls and calls.

Just before I continue, a White Girl (Canadian) heading to Canada also missed her flight and when your Official (BARNABAS) informed her She just missed her flight too, He flared up at her like a disturbed flame of fire. She demanded to see the Manager. Your Official asked her to wait for a century (7 months) if She wanted to see the Manager. The said Official also said to see the Manager, She should travel to Mars because the Manager relocated to Mars.

What kinda Customer experience is this?

Then after two days, My friend and her Sisters were placed on a waiting list. They demanded to know if there were extra charges but your Officials didn't inform them. They probably were waiting to hear from a head office or something. And then finally the information came, that they were to pay 322,000 NGN in 15 mins or miss the flight again. They were not allowed to pay with their American cards.

So, I was informed and had to run helter skelter trying to raise the sum in 15 mins.

FINALLY, we succeeded. But I won't take the chance with your airline even if it were 50% discount. This is because every Customer deserves peace of mind and care. Not recklessness and I-don't-care attitude. You just lost the three of them and me and maybe the White girl as Customers. Plus many more who would read this to KLM, LUFTHANSA, etc. Please do well to properly train your staff.

PS We were in contact every step of the way. So, BARNABAS was on the name tag of the official because I asked My Friend to check.

Yours faithfully,

TG.
Re: How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us by Electroweb(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2017
It can really be a terrible experience when the airline people want to show their muscle. I know someone who had a similar expereince in 2014 with the same Ethiopian airlines. She was heading to the US when the attendant said something about her carry-on luggage not being in compliance, she tried to explain that it is the same bag she used when coming to Nigeria, the attendant saw it as an insult and denied her from boarding the flight, just like that she missed her flight. Abuse of power. My friend now had to book another flight two days later to US. They say Ethiopian airlines is good but I am skeptical about using them because any slightest thing you can be put under undue stress.

2 Likes

Re: How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us by Lexusgs430: 10:08am On Jan 06, 2017
The customer service representative, might have not been professional in his approach, but arriving one hour to departure is cutting it too close!!!!!!!
That penalty your friends paid too, seems a little bit disproportionate.
The reason I also give African Airlines a very very wide berth (Nigerian airlines so far, have not disappointed me (yet)......

1 Like

Re: How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us by Afam4eva(m): 10:33am On Jan 06, 2017
I think South African Airways are the best as far as Africa is concerned. never had problems with there. I always get there less than 2 hours before take off. If Ethiopian airline can behave like this then i wonder what we should be expecting from the soon to be introduced Nigerian airline.

1 Like

Re: How Ethiopian Airlines Disappointed Us by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
thankgodeboh:
Dear Ethiopian Airline,

You guys frustrated my friend and even gave me an unbearable doze of panic and unrest.

First of all, on our way back from Abuja on 29th of December, 2016, My friend and two other passengers were talking about airlines. They mentioned that in Africa, Ethiopian airlines is most serious. They Praised you guys so much that I yearned for a first time with your airline. One of the passengers said the airline business is the oil of ETHIOPIA and so that's why you guys are serious. They also hinted on how Turkish airline was racist. Core racist airline, they said.

Then the day came for My friend to return to the USA, She and her two Sisters arrived at the Airport one hour before boarding and they were informed that they won't be boarded and that they just missed it because they did not come three hours before time. Three hours Is that your inhouse standard or international?

Infact the Man who broke the news was busy watching videos of a wedding ceremony several minutes before giving them that scary reply.

Now that they missed the flight, what penalty was there for them. Your Officials told them that they have to book another altogether again. Meaning the former tickets should be trashed! That's unbearable.

Then they started making calls and their Mum also made calls and calls and calls.

Just before I continue, a White Girl (Canadian) heading to Canada also missed her flight and when your Official (BARNABAS) informed her She just missed her flight too, He flared up at her like a disturbed flame of fire. She demanded to see the Manager. Your Official asked her to wait for a century (7 months) if She wanted to see the Manager. The said Official also said to see the Manager, She should travel to Mars because the Manager relocated to Mars.

What kinda Customer experience is this?

Then after two days, My friend and her Sisters were placed on a waiting list. They demanded to know if there were extra charges but your Officials didn't inform them. They probably were waiting to hear from a head office or something. And then finally the information came, that they were to pay 322,000 NGN in 15 mins or miss the flight again. They were not allowed to pay with their American cards.

So, I was informed and had to run helter skelter trying to raise the sum in 15 mins.

FINALLY, we succeeded. But I won't take the chance with your airline even if it were 50% discount. This is because every Customer deserves peace of mind and care. Not recklessness and I-don't-care attitude. You just lost the three of them and me and maybe the White girl as Customers. Plus many more who would read this to KLM, LUFTHANSA, etc. Please do well to properly train your staff.

PS We were in contact every step of the way. So, BARNABAS was on the name tag of the official because I asked My Friend to check.

Yours faithfully,

TG.
Terrible angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fast Track Your Form A Application / How Do I Go About Getting To The United State Of America As A Poor Citizen / A Nigerian Needs Help In Dallas Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.